Subject: Ordered collections and versioned collections

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 12:46:52 -0800

It seems from draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-07 that only
version-controlled resources are part of the ordering of
version-controlled collections (Section 9: "for compatibility with
RFC3253, only the ordering of version-controlled members needs to be
maintained")

Does that mean there's no way to order versioned and unversioned
resources together within a version-controlled collection?

Lisa

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 09:30:16 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Lisa Dusseault
> Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 10:47 PM
> To: Webdav WG
> Subject: Ordered collections and versioned collections
>
>
>
>

The full context being:

"This specification considers both the ordering type (DAV:ordering-type
property) and the ordering of collection members to be part of the state of
a collection. Therefore both MUST be recorded upon CHECKIN or
VERSION-CONTROL, and both MUST be restored upon CHECKOUT, UNCHECKOUT or
UPDATE (where for compatibility with RFC3253, only the ordering of
version-controlled members needs to be maintained)."

> resources together within a version-controlled collection?

Nope. It's supposed to mean that you *can* order both types of resources
within a versioned-controlled collection, but collection *versions* will
only keep ordering information for those members that were
version-controlled.

Do I need to rephrase the text to make this clearer?

Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760