Subject: New client supporting DeltaV...

From: "Lisa Dusseault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:08:36 -0700

Stumbled across this recent press release:

"To meet the needs of enterprise developers, XMLSPY 5 builds on the
success of previous award winning versions through the addition of
several key new features: 

Enhanced WebDAV Support -- Web-based Distributed Authoring and
Versioning (WebDAV) is a standardized set of extensions to the HTTP
(web) protocol, which allows users to collaboratively edit and manage
XML files located on remote web-servers. XMLSPY 5 and AUTHENTIC 5 now
support Delta-V (http://www.webdav.org/deltav/), an extension to the
WebDAV protocol which enables check-in/check-out functionality when used
in conjunction with a WebDAV server, thus supporting XML content editing
in a truly collaborative, distributed environment, such as the Web."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030407/nem030_1.html

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:24:00 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Lisa Dusseault
> Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 7:09 PM
> To: Webdav WG; DeltaV
> Subject: New client supporting DeltaV...
> Importance: Low
>
>
>
>

Interesting.

A trace reveals that it does indeed PROPFIND some DeltaV properties, but
it's unclear what it does with them.

After switching off autoversioning on our server, I wasn't able to PUT
resources anymore. No Checkin/Checkout menu item in sight.

Did anybody else have more success?

Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:18:26 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Lisa Dusseault

OK,

I finally got feedback from Altova. The Home Edition doesn't seem to do
DeltaV, but the Enterprise Edition does. Once an external web folder is
added to a project, version-controlled resources can be checked-in and
checked-out. Checkin even prompts for DAV:comment (I think this is the first
client doing this :-). I haven't managed to enable version-control using
XML-Spy, though.

Some more info is at:

	http://www.altova.com/manual/sourcecontrol.htm

Julian