Subject: BIND spec and PROPFIND Depth: infinity question(s)

From: Chris Knight <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:38:40 -0700

I would like some clarification (that should probably make it into the 
BIND spec.)

If I have a binding from /a/b to g and from /a/b/c to g and I do an 
infinite PROPFIND, starting at /a/b, should I get results with both 
"/a/b/g" and "/a/b/c/g" (two URIs for the same resource)? I'm assuming 
so (and, hence, the resourceid property would enable me to determine 
that these are the same resource.)

If you haven't guessed, I'm actively trying to develop a server capable 
of handling the BIND spec. (And, perhaps, the changes I make may end up 
in Catacomb, as reality permits.)

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:22:07 +0200

Chris,

yes, both should appear.

Can you explain why you think that it needs to be stated more explicitly?

Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Chris Knight
> Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 1:39 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: BIND spec and PROPFIND Depth: infinity question(s)
> 
> 
>