Subject: WebDAV Ordering Protocol going for IESG approval

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:49:05 -0700

The WebDAV Ordering Protocol, specified in
draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-09, is now being sent to the IESG for
approval as a Proposed Standard.

Julian Reschke deserves big (PROPFIND Depth infinity sized :-) thanks for
picking up this specification and pushing it through to completion. Judy
Slein also continues to receive my personal thanks for all of her initial
hard work on this specification as well.

The WebDAV Ordering Protocol has completed multiple Working Group last call
for comments periods, as well as an IETF-wide last call. Our area director,
Ted Hardie, has reviewed the specification and given his comments as well.
All of these comments have been addressed and resolved.

At this point, the specification goes in front of the IESG for review, and
hopefully approval. It's possible that they may have additional comments on
the specification. They may also approve it as-is. If there are comments,
they will be resolved in the working group, and then the document will be
re-submitted to the IESG. Typically specifications do not require multiple
rounds of review with the IESG.

So, bottom line, the WebDAV Ordering Protocol is very near approval as a
Proposed Standard.

The specification can be retrieved at:

http://www.greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-09.
html
http://www.greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-09.
xml
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-ordering-protocol-09.t
xt

- Jim Whitehead
IETF WebDAV WG Co-Chair