Subject: BIND:

From: "Nevermann, Dr., Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:17:51 +0200

The BIND spec (draft-ietf-webdav-bind-02) states at 3.1 DAV:resource-id
property:

"The value of DAV:resource-id is a URI, and may use any registered URI
scheme that guarantees the uniqueness of the value across all resources for
all time (e.g. the opaquelocktoken: scheme defined in [RFC2518])."

I found registered URI schemes at:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes. So, can I choose one of them,
e.g. urn: ? Or should I invent my own? :-)

Why doesn't the BIND spec define the URI scheme to be used?

Thanks,
Peter

---

From: "Julian Reschke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:38:31 +0200

BIND:Hi.

You can use a URN: scheme if you find one that satisifies the uniqueness
constraints. You could also register your own URN NID and come up with a
custom scheme.

I personally would recommend just to use the RFC2518 "opaquelocktoken"
scheme because it already has what you need.

Finally, the BIND spec isn't defining a new scheme for the simple reason we
don't need one.

Julian
--
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Nevermann, Dr., Peter
  Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 3:18 PM
  To: [email-masked]'
  Subject: BIND:

  Thanks,
  Peter