Subject: Issue DEEP_LOCK_ERROR_STATUS

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:22:16 +0200

Hi,

I just tested server behaviour for the issue "DEEP_LOCK_ERROR_STATUS" 
(<http://www.webdav.org/wg/rfcdev/issues.htm> and also 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-01.html#rfc.issue.037_DEEP_LOCK_ERROR_STATUS>). 
Results:

- Microsoft IIS: does not support collection locks ("<body><h2>HTTP/1.1 
403 Forbidden</h2><br><h
3>LOCKing a collection is not allowed</h3></body>")

- Apache/moddav: as described in 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2518.html#rfc.section.8.10.10>, so 
status 207 instead of 409.

- SAP Netweaver: see Apache/moddav.

- Sharemation (Xythos server): see Apache/moddav

I conclude that the spec text (requiring a 409 with multistatus) is 
indeed wrong; and that it should say 207.

Jason, could you please update the issues list with that resolution?

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760