Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-locking-02.txt]

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:02:29 +0200

Hi,

I have submitted another version of my experimental stand-alone locking 
protocol document.  Revision 02 
(<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-02.html>) 
has the following changes:

    Update "008_URI_URL", "040_LOCK_ISSUES_06",
    "063_LOCKS_SHOULD_THEY_USE_AN_IF_HEADER_TO_VERIFY",
    "067_UNLOCK_NEEDS_IF_HEADER", "068_UNLOCK_WITHOUT_GOOD_TOKEN".
    Re-opened "065_UNLOCK_WHAT_URL".  Close
    "070_LOCK_RENEWAL_SHOULD_NOT_USE_IF_HEADER".  Rewrite UNLOCK and LOCK
    refresh method descriptions.  Fix page title (TXT version).  Close
    "052_LOCK_BODY_SHOULD_BE_MUST", "054_IF_AND_AUTH",
    "060_LOCK_REFRESH_BODY" and "079_UNLOCK_BY_NON_LOCK_OWNER".  Add and
    resolve "8.10.1_lockdiscovery_on_failure".  Started attempt to
    clarify status code.

The main changes are that the method descriptions for LOCK refresh and 
UNLOCK have been rewritten (LOCK create still to be done).

As usual, edits are ongoing on
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-latest.html>. 
The current issues list is at 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-issues.html>.

Best regards, Julian

-------- Original Message --------
From: - Thu Jun 10 16:42:16 2004
helo=megatron.ietf.org)	by megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.32)	id 
1BY8xP-0000qd-D3; Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:41:55 -0400
Received: from odin.ietf.org ([132.151.1.176] helo=ietf.org)	by 
megatron.ietf.org with esmtp (Exim 4.32) id 1BY8q1-0006U7-Cw	for 
[email-masked]; Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:34:17 -0400
Received: from CNRI.Reston.VA.US (localhost [127.0.0.1])	by ietf.org 
(8.9.1a/8.9.1a) with ESMTP id PAA13058	for <[email-masked]>; Wed, 
9 Jun 2004 15:34:15 -0400 (EDT)
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed; Boundary="NextPart"
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:34:15 -0400
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-webdav-locking-02.txt
X-BeenThere: [email-masked]
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.5
Precedence: list
Reply-To: [email-masked]
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org
List-Unsubscribe: 
<https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>, 
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce>, 
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
Sender: [email-masked]
Errors-To: [email-masked]
X-GMX-Antivirus: -1 (not scanned, may not use virus scanner)
X-GMX-Antispam: 0 (Mail was not recognized as spam)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV) Locking Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Reschke
	Filename	: draft-reschke-webdav-locking-02.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 2004-6-9
	
This document specifies a set of methods and headers ancillary to
    HTTP/1.1 (RFC2616) and Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV,
    RFC2518) for the management of resource locking (collision
    avoidance).  It updates those sections from RFC2518 that specify
    WebDAV's locking features.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-reschke-webdav-locking-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-reschke-webdav-locking-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760