Subject: [Webpush] Requesting agenda time in Honolulu

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 12:02:55 -0700

The next IETF meeting is coming, and after talking with our area
director, it seems likely that we'll have a charter approved by then.

Do you think we will need agenda time at this meeting?  I think that
it would be good to go over the issues that were raised, and it
certainly helps with momentum.  On the other hand, I think that it
would be reasonable to say that we need more discussion on this
mailing list before scheduling some (expensive) face-to-face time.

What are people's preferences?

(p.s., I'm not chair, nor am I likely to be one, but someone has to ask.)

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 17:45:58 -0700

On 13 September 2014 12:55, Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Do you know what's the status on creating the WG? Any ideas on who might be
> the chair?

Here's the status: http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-webpush/history/

The last item currently says: Placed on agenda for telechat - 2014-09-18

I think that means that the IESG will discuss and approve (or
disapprove) the creation of the working group then.  That may be
conditional, I'm not sure.

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 20:55:41 +0100

I think we need to start the discussion on the mailing list and see much we
agree or disagree before scheduling face time.

Thanks

Miguel

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Webpush mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/webpush
>

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:11:57 -0700

On 9/13/14, 5:45 PM, "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Here's the status:
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-webpush/history/
>

The question before the IESG on tomorrow’s telechat is whether the charter
is ready for “external review” — by the IETF community and other SDOs, as
appropriate (the pending charter will be sent to a mailing list where,
e.g., W3C folks can take a look as well). If it gets approved for external
review tomorrow, the external review period will last for two weeks at
which point the IESG will have another decision point about whether to
approve the WG for chartering.

Hopefully you are all seeing the comments being generated by the current
internal review.

I’m working on finding chairs with an aim to be ready to announce them at
the same time as charter approval.

Alissa