Subject: [websec] draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff-02

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 17:59:19 -0800

I've uploaded a new draft of the media type sniffing document:

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff-02.txt

This version includes support for H.264 and contains a hook for
sniffing for video specifically.  (Although now that I look at it, I
realize that I've goofed it up and forgotten to include Ogg---will fix
in next version.)

The H.264 signature is somewhat more complex than the other
signatures, but it appears to be necessary due to the structure of
H.264 video files.  Please let me know that that signature will cause
any trouble for you.

Thanks,
Adam

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 18:00:20 -0800

I should also say that I've added a section for fonts, but I didn't
know what to write there.  If you know something about sniffing for
fonts, please let me know.

Thanks,
Adam

---

From: "Anne van Kesteren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 23:44:17 +0100

> fonts, please let me know.

I wonder if my email got caught in your spam filter, and if it did,  
whether this one will too... However, I posted the details of font  
sniffing here:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/websec/current/msg00235.html

-- 
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/

---

From: Adam Barth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 14:46:43 -0800

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Anne van Kesteren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I wonder if my email got caught in your spam filter, and if it did, whether
> this one will too... However, I posted the details of font sniffing here:
>

Thanks.  I must have missed it somehow.

Adam