Subject: [websec] I-D Action:draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 18:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Media Type Sniffing
	Author(s)       : A. Barth, I. Hickson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff-02.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-02-04

Many web servers supply incorrect Content-Type header fields with
their HTTP responses.  In order to be compatible with these servers,
user agents consider the content of HTTP responses as well as the
Content-Type header fields when determining the effective media type
of the response.  This document describes an algorithm for
determining the effective media type of HTTP responses that balances
security and compatibility considerations.

Please send feedback on this draft to [email-masked].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.