Subject: [websec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-websec-origin-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:49:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Web Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Web Origin Concept
	Author(s)       : Adam Barth
	Filename        : draft-ietf-websec-origin-04.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2011-08-23

   This document defines the concept of an &quot;origin&quot;, which is often used
   as the scope of authority or privilege by user agents.  Typically,
   user agents isolate content retrieved from different origins to
   prevent malicious web site operators from interfering with the
   operation of benign web sites.  In addition to outlining the
   principles that underlie the concept of origin, this document defines
   how to determine the origin of a URI, how to serialize an origin into
   a string, and an HTTP header, named &quot;Origin&quot;, that indicates which
   origins are associated with an HTTP request.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-websec-origin-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-websec-origin-04.txt

---

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:09:42 +0100

Hi dear websec fellows,

fyi: thank you very much for your reviews and feedback on the origin 
draft. I hope that all your feedback was incorporated to your 
satisfaction, at least as far as I could see that was the case. After 
conclusion of the WG last call on the draft, I submitted the draft to 
the IESG for IETF LC.

As next steps, maybe we can also take a closer look at HSTS (a new 
revised version should be coming very shortly) and at the 
framework-requirements and advance them.
So if you think about reviewing drafts this week, maybe take a look at 
the framework-requirements draft first. ;-)
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-hodges-websec-framework-reqs-00.txt 
<http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-hodges-websec-framework-reqs-00.txt>

Many greetings,

Tobias
(websec co-chair)

Ps.: Personally, I will also try to work on the Frame-Options draft(s) 
and aim to submit (revised) versions within two weeks time.

On 23/08/11 19:49, [email-masked] wrote:
>     This document defines the concept of an&quot;origin&quot;, which is often used
>     a string, and an HTTP header, named&quot;Origin&quot;, that indicates which
> _______________________________________________
> websec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/websec