Subject: [websec] fyi: I-D Action: draft-hodges-websec-framework-reqs-01

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 16:52:31 -0700

see below. I re-sub'd with only date change in order to avoid expiration. will 
revise a fair bit later here in Sept.

though, now's a good time to review this doc, at least the high level taxonomy. 
There's been recent discussion in various quarters wrt "certificate pinning" 
and means to convey such, as well as various other web sec policies folks are 
anticipating/designing to convey in HTTP headers -- Thomas Roessler remarked on 
this in our session @IETF-82 Quebec -- e.g. in various w3c WGs, so time's 
getting ripe to think about this stuff overall.

=JeffH

Subject: I-D Action: draft-hodges-websec-framework-reqs-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:26:06 -0700
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Web Security Framework: Problem Statement and Requirements
	Author(s)       : Jeff Hodges
	Filename        : draft-hodges-websec-framework-reqs-01.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-09-08

    Web-based malware and attacks are proliferating rapidly on the
    Internet.  New web security mechanisms are also rapidly growing in
    number, although in an incoherent fashion.  This document provides a
    brief overview of the present situation and the various seemingly
    piece-wise approaches being taken to mitigate the threats.  It then
    provides an overview of requirements as presently being expressed by
    the community in various online and face-to-face discussions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hodges-websec-framework-reqs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hodges-websec-framework-reqs-01.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt