Subject: [websec] websec meeting in Taipei - topics?

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 23:53:05 +0100

Hello dear websec fellows,

to decide on a slot and length for our meeting in November in Taipei, 
this time we would like to start a bit earlier asking for presentations, 
topics and ideas.

Please send proposals and ideas for presentations to Alexey, Yoav and/or 
me, if possible until Sep-25 so we can better decide on the length of 
the meeting slot, but later will also be ok. Rough ideas are fine at 
this stage, anything that will help us in planning the length and scope 
of the meeting.

So far we had great progress on the origin draft, entering IESG next 
week. So this will most certainly be finished by then.
We could focus on HSTS and the interesting parts of "certificate 
pinning" as important topics to make major progress now.

But I want to also emphasise looking for further topics and presentations.
Anything you would like to raise at the websec meeting, please drop me a 
quick note.

Kind regards,

Tobias & Alexey
(chairs of websec)

Tobias Gondrom
email: [email-masked]
mobile: +447521003005

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:50:41 -0400

I would like to know early if cert pinning is going to be on the agenda as
that is likely to be the reason I would decide to go to Taipei or not.

I am not actually that bothered about the choice of format or syntax. But as
I posted earlier, we have four potential types of data that are security
policy related and four distinct delivery mechanisms.

I would like us to end up with one syntax and one set of semantics across
all four delivery mechanisms. To do otherwise is to take a ticket to hell in
a handbasket.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Tobias Gondrom
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> to decide on a slot and length for our meeting in November in Taipei, this
> time we would like to start a bit earlier asking for presentations, topics
> and ideas.
>
> me, if possible until Sep-25 so we can better decide on the length of the
> meeting slot, but later will also be ok. Rough ideas are fine at this stage,
> anything that will help us in planning the length and scope of the meeting.
>
> So far we had great progress on the origin draft, entering IESG next week.
> So this will most certainly be finished by then.
> We could focus on HSTS and the interesting parts of "certificate pinning"
> as important topics to make major progress now.
>
> _______________________________________________
> websec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/websec
>
>

-- 
Website: http://hallambaker.com/

---

From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 00:28:47 +0100

Hi,

just FYI: current plans are to consider/put cert pinning on the websec 
agenda for Taipei, but the agenda hasn't been finalised yet and we are 
still working on sorting out some serious time issues for the possible 
presenter (as he can not attend/present on all weekdays).

Sorry I can't be of more help/more precise at this point in time.
I hope to be able to provide more details as soon as possible.

In any case there will be remote participation tools (jabber, audio) to 
join in even if you are not physically in Taipei - even though the time 
zone differences can be a real killer depending on where you are and the 
time of the meeting.

Kind regards, Tobias

On 14/09/11 20:50, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> I would like to know early if cert pinning is going to be on the 
> agenda as that is likely to be the reason I would decide to go to 
> Taipei or not.
>
>
> I am not actually that bothered about the choice of format or syntax. 
> But as I posted earlier, we have four potential types of data that are 
> security policy related and four distinct delivery mechanisms.
>
> I would like us to end up with one syntax and one set of semantics 
> across all four delivery mechanisms. To do otherwise is to take a 
> ticket to hell in a handbasket.
>
>
> <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>     to decide on a slot and length for our meeting in November in
>     Taipei, this time we would like to start a bit earlier asking for
>     presentations, topics and ideas.
>
>     Please send proposals and ideas for presentations to Alexey, Yoav
>     and/or me, if possible until Sep-25 so we can better decide on the
>     length of the meeting slot, but later will also be ok. Rough ideas
>     are fine at this stage, anything that will help us in planning the
>     length and scope of the meeting.
>
>     So far we had great progress on the origin draft, entering IESG
>     next week. So this will most certainly be finished by then.
>     Anything you would like to raise at the websec meeting, please
>     drop me a quick note.
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Tobias & Alexey
>     (chairs of websec)
>
>
>
>     Tobias Gondrom
>     email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     mobile: +447521003005 <tel:%2B447521003005>
>
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>