Subject: [websec] #23: spec should mention proposed "nosniff" headers in HTTP even if not adopting them

From: "websec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 00:00:47 -0000

#23: spec should mention proposed "nosniff" headers in HTTP even if not adopting
them

 There have been some implementations which have attempted to add a header
 for saying "I really mean it" for the content-type.

 Even if this isn't supported by the standard sniffing algorithm, a
 reference and even an analysis of why it doesn't work belongs here (lest
 we repeat the discussion over and over.)

-- 
------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  masinter@…  |      Owner:  draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff@…
     Type:  defect      |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor       |  Milestone:
Component:  mime-sniff  |    Version:
 Severity:  -           |   Keywords:
------------------------+--------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/ticket/23>
websec <http://tools.ietf.org/websec/>