Subject: Re: [websec] #16: lack of explanatory text and no justifications for the normative language

From: "websec issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 02:50:45 -0000

#16: lack of explanatory text and no justifications for the normative language

Comment (by masinter@…):

 I think a test suite (with links to, copy of, or at least documentation
 of) real, deployed, useful sites which need each sniffing configuration
 will go a long way toward justifying what we have.

 Frankly, I suspect that some cases of sniffing which were valid in 2009
 may no longer be valid in 2011.

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:                   |       Owner:  draft-ietf-websec-mime-sniff@…
  tobias.gondrom@…           |      Status:  new
     Type:  defect           |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major            |     Version:
Component:  mime-sniff       |  Resolution:
 Severity:  Active WG        |
  Document                   |
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/websec/trac/ticket/16#comment:2>
websec <http://tools.ietf.org/websec/>