Subject: [websec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:14:51 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Web Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public Key Pinning Extension for HTTP
	Author(s)       : Chris Evans
                          Chris Palmer
	Filename        : draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-01.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2011-12-09

   This memo describes an extension to the HTTP protocol allowing web
   host operators to instruct user agents (UAs) to remember ("pin") the
   hosts' cryptographic identities for a given period of time.  During
   that time, UAs will require that the host present a certificate chain
   including at least one Subject Public Key Info structure whose
   fingerprint matches one or more of the pinned fingerprints for that
   host.  By effectively reducing the scope of authorities who can
   authenticate the domain during the lifetime of the pin, pinning may
   reduce the incidence of man-in-the-middle attacks due to compromised
   Certification Authorities and other authentication errors and
   attacks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-01.txt