Subject: [websec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:14:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Web Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Public Key Pinning Extension for HTTP
	Author(s)       : Chris Evans
                          Chris Palmer
                          Ryan Sleevi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-06.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2013-06-18

Abstract:
   This memo describes an extension to the HTTP protocol allowing web
   host operators to instruct user agents (UAs) to remember ("pin") the
   hosts' cryptographic identities for a given period of time.  During
   that time, UAs will require that the host present a certificate chain
   including at least one Subject Public Key Info structure whose
   fingerprint matches one of the pinned fingerprints for that host.  By
   effectively reducing the number of authorities who can authenticate
   the domain during the lifetime of the pin, pinning may reduce the
   incidence of man-in-the-middle attacks due to compromised
   Certification Authorities.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-06

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning-06

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/