Subject: Re: [websec] DISCUSS positions on draft-ietf-websec-key-pinning

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 14:07:45 -0400

>>> How are we doing with this document?  Any progress on dealing with the
>>> DISCUSSes and other comments?

It's now eight weeks since the telechat, and there has been no
response of any kind to the comments from the ADs.  The comments, and
especially the DISCUSS positions, should have been discussed with the
relevant ADs.  Discussion and/or resolution has to happen in the next
two weeks -- so, by 17 Oct.  If it doesn't, I'm going to set the
status of the document to "Dead", and close the working group without
it.

That would really be a shame, as it's almost done -- there's a few
days' worth of work left and then it goes to the RFC Editor as a
Proposed Standard.  This seems sort of like running a marathon and
being 200 metres short of the finish line... and then saying, well, 42
km is enough, let's just go to the pub now and leave it unfinished, no
need to do the last .2.

Please, let's not let this die.  Authors, you're almost there.  Eat
some spinach, make like Popeye, and finish it.  You have a deadline;
please meet it.

Barry, Applications AD

---

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 11:02:27 -0400

On Sep 18, 2014, at 12:12 AM, Yoav Nir <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I have heard from them. They said that they will finish the revision this week or on the weekend.

That'll do.   I've cleared.   Thanks!

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 16:03:57 -0400

Ryan, thanks for getting the last of the changes done, and all the
DISCUSSes cleared.  I've sent the approval note to the IESG Secretary, and
we should see the announcement on Monday.

The document will now go into the RFC Editor queue, and you'll hear from
them and have to respond when they do the final edits, in AUTH48 state.

Everyone, thanks for the work on this.  The working group will officially
remain open until the RFC is published, after which I'll close it, but will
leave the mailing list open for any continued discussion.

Barry, Applications AD

---

From: Chris Palmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:02:23 -0700

> leave the mailing list open for any continued discussion.

Thank you, everyone!