Subject: [wpkops] fyi: CA/Browser Forum (CABF) Organisational Reform vote results

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 17:42:40 -0700

Of possible interest..

Subject: [saag] fyi: CA/Browser Forum (CABF) Organisational Reform vote
	results
From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 11:37:41 -0700
To: IETF Security Area Advisory Group <[email-masked]>,
	IETF PKIX WG <[email-masked]>

Greetings again,

As I'd pointed out earlier this year [1][2], the CA/Browser Forum (CABF) was
entertaining organisational reform proposals. It recently completed its final
voting exercise [3] and decided on a governance reform proposal [4]. Also, the
CABF has created a publicly readable email distribution list [5].

One overall assessment of the reform voting results is here..

Certificate Authorities asked to step up for Internet security;
CABF takes a step back instead.  (5-Oct-2012)
<http://www.thesecuritypractice.com/the_security_practice/2012/10/certificate-authorities-asked-to-step-up-for-internet-security-cabf-takes-a-step-back-instead.html>

=JeffH

[1] Re: [saag] fyi: CA/Browser Forum Announces Organizational Reform
      Working Group
      https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg03585.html

[2] [saag] fyi: CA/Browser Forum (CABF) reform voting  (corrected)
      https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg04015.html

[3] [cabfpub] Tally Results on Ballot 90
      https://cabforum.org/pipermail/public/2012-September/000544.html

[4] https://www.cabforum.org/governance/Trend_Micro_Governance_Proposal.pdf

[5] https://cabforum.org/mailman/listinfo/public
      Note: only CABF members may post to this list. Others may subscribe
      and receive list traffic. The archives are publicly readable.