Subject: your imaging supplies
From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:20:01
List-Id: <ietf-xml-mime.imc.org>

BENCHMARK SUPPLY
5334 LAKE VIEW CLUB
ATLANTA GA 30338

***LASER PRINTER TONER CARTRIDGES***
***FAX AND COPIER TONER***
 
WE ACCEPT GOVERNMENT, SCHOOL & UNIVERSITY PURCHASE ORDERS
JUST LEAVE YOUR PO # WITH CORRECT BILLING & SHIPPING ADDRESS

CHECK OUT OUR NEW CARTRIDGE PRICES FOR THE FOLLOWING PRINTERS:

APPLE 
 
  LASER WRITER  PRO 600 OR 16/600         $69
  LASER WRITER SELECT 300,310.360         $69
  LASER WRITER 300, 320                   $54 
  LASER WRITER LS,NT,2NTX,2F,2G & 2SC     $54 
  LASER WRITER 12/640                     $79 

HEWLETT PACKARD 

  LASERJET SERIES 2,3 & 3D (95A)          $49 
  LASERJET SERIES  2P AND 3P (75A)        $54 
  LASERJET SERIES 3SI AND 4SI (91A)       $75 
  LASERJET SERIES 4L AND 4P               $49 
  LASERJET SERIES 4, 4M, 5, 5M, 4+ (98A)  $59 
  LASERJET SERIES 4000 HIGH YIELD  (27X)  $99 
  LASERJET SERIES 4V                      $95 
  LASERJET SERIES 5SI , 8000              $95 
  LASERJET SERIES 5L AND 6L               $49 
  LASERJET SERIES 5P, 5MP, 6P, 6MP        $59 
  LASERJET SERIES 5000 (29A)             $135
  LASERJET SERIES 1100 (92A)              $49 
  LASERJET SERIES 2100 (96A)              $84
  LASERJET SERIES 8100 (82X)		 $145

HP LASERFAX 

  LASERFAX 500, 700, FX1,                 $59 
  LASERFAX 5000, 7000, FX2,               $59 
  LASERFAX  FX3                           $69 
  LASERFAX  FX4                           $79 

LEXMARK 

  OPTRA  4019, 4029  HIGH YIELD          $135 
  OPTRA R, 4039, 4049 HIGH YIELD         $135 
  OPTRA S 4059 HIGH YIELD                $135 
  OPTRA E                                 $59 
  OPTRA  N                               $115 

EPSON 

  EPL-7000, 8000                         $105 
  EPL-1000, 1500                         $105 

CANON 

  LBP-430                                 $49 
  LBP-460, 465                            $59 
  LBP-8 II                                $54 
  LBP-LX                                  $54 
  LBP-MX                                  $95 
  LBP-AX                                  $49 
  LBP-EX                                  $59 
  LBP-SX                                  $49 
  LBP-BX                                  $95 
  LBP-PX                                  $49 
  LBP-WX                                  $95 
  LBP-VX                                  $59 
  CANON FAX L700 THRU L790 FX1            $59 
  CANONFAX L5000 L70000  FX2              $59 

CANON COPIERS 

  PC 20, 25 ETC....                       $89 
  PC 3, 6RE, 7, 11  (A30)                 $69 
  PC 320 THRU 780  (E40)                  $89 

NEC 

  SERIES 2 LASER MODEL 90,95             $105

PLEASE NOTE:

2) WE DO NOT SEND OUT CATALOGS OR PRICE LISTS 
3) WE DO NOT FAX QUOTES OR PRICE LISTS.  
4) WE DO NOT SELL TO RESELLERS OR BUY FROM DISTRIBUTERS
5) WE DO NOT CARRY: BROTHER-MINOLTA-KYOSERA-PANASONIC PRODUCTS
6) WE DO NOT CARRY: XEROX-FUJITSU-OKIDATA OR SHARP PRODUCTS
7) WE DO NOT CARRY ANY COLOR PRINTER SUPPLIES    
8) WE DO NOT CARRY DESKJET/INKJET OR BUBBLEJET SUPPLIES
9) WE DO NOT BUY FROM OR SELL TO RECYCLERS OR REMANUFACTURERS

               

****OUR  ORDER LINE IS 770-399-0953 ****

****OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE  LINE IS 800-586-0540****
****OUR E-MAIL REMOVAL AND COMPLAINT LINE IS 888-494-8597****

****PLACE YOUR ORDER AS FOLLOWS**** :

BY PHONE   770-399-0953 

BY FAX:    770-698-9700 
BY MAIL:   BENCHMARK PRINT SUPPLY
           5334 LAKE VIEW CLUB
           ATLANTA GA 30338

MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN YOUR ORDER: 

             1)  YOUR PHONE NUMBER 
             2)  COMPANY NAME 
             3)  SHIPPING ADDRESS 
             4)  YOUR NAME 
             5)  ITEMS NEEDED WITH QUANTITIES 
             6)  METHOD OF PAYMENT. (COD OR CREDIT CARD) 
             7)  CREDIT CARD NUMBER WITH EXPIRATION DATE 

1) WE SHIP UPS GROUND. ADD $4.5 FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING.
2) COD CHECK ORDERS ADD $3.5 TO YOUR SHIPPING COST.
2) WE ACCEPT ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARD OR "COD" ORDERS.
3) OUR STANDARD MERCHANDISE REFUND POLICY IS NET 30 DAYS
4) OUR STANDARD MERCHANDISE REPLCAMENT POLICY IS NET 90 DAYS. 

NOTE NUMBER (1): 

PLEASE DO NOT CALL OUR ORDER LINE TO REMOVE YOUR E-MAIL 
ADDRESS OR COMPLAIN. OUR ORDER LINE IS NOT SETUP TO FORWARD 
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS REMOVAL REQUESTS OR PROCESS YOUR 
COMPLAINTS..IT WOULD BE A WASTED PHONE CALL.YOUR ADDRESS 
WOULD NOT BE REMOVED AND YOUR COMPLAINTS WOULD NOT BE 
HANDLED.PLEASE CALL OUR TOLL FREE E-MAIL REMOVAL AND 
COMPLAINT LINE TO DO THAT.

NOTE NUMBER (2):

OUR E-MAIL RETURN ADDRESS IS NOT SETUP TO ANSWER ANY 
QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE REGARDING OUR PRODUCTS. OUR E-MAIL 
RETURN ADDRESS IS ALSO NOT SETUP TO TAKE ANY ORDERS AT 
THIS TIME. PLEASE CALL THE ORDER LINE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER
 OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ANSWERED. OTHERWISE PLEASE CALL OUR 
CUSTOMER SERCICE LINE.

 

 

 

 

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:08:53 -0400
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of yet another I-D for XML media types
Sender: [email-masked]

MURATA, Dan, and Simon,

You might want to proof Appendix C. Revision History of the latest I-D.  It appears you did a global replace of "|xml" with "+xml" (and in version 03, of "-xml" with "|xml") -- by doing so, you've changed history, so to speak.  :)

Jim Saiya
FormatData
http://www.formatdata.com/
mailto:[email-masked]

P.S.  Forgive me if I've used a surname where I meant to use a given name; I'm not familiar with the Japanese convention.

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Announcement of yet another I-D for XML media types
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 01:46:11 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 19
Sender: [email-masked]

Dan, Simon, and I created yet another I-D for XML media types.
It is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-04.txt

The biggest change is the suffix.  It is "+xml" rather than "|xml".
Miles Sabin pointed out that "|" is missing in some variations of
EBCDIC.  We thus believe "|" is inappropriate.  We believe that 
the mojority of this ML prefer "+" to "-". 

In reply to Rick Jelliffee, we added arguments against the charset
parameter of application/xml.  We have also made it clear that users
are not forced to read and write %HH.

We are looking forward to your feedbacks.

MURATA Makoto

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 14:33:41 -0400
From: Mark Baker <[email-masked]>
Organization: Sun Microsystems Inc.
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Separator
Sender: [email-masked]

Greetings,

I don't like "|" precisely because it means "or" in many contexts. 
"Accept: text/html text/xml" has "or" semantics, and I'd prefer not to
prompt people to wonder whether "Accept: text/html|xml" means the same
thing.  A similar but weaker argument would hold for "+".

But it's not *that* big an issue for me.  It's just the biggest one I
could think of. 8-)

MB

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:05:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
To: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Cc: Chris Lilley <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

> > the bare symbol "-" was not being proposed as a separator al by itself.

> actually, a big problem with the "-xml" suffix proposal is that it
> assumes that there will never be any other content-type frobs used
> in combination with "-xml".  but enough things like this have been
> proposed over the past 10 years that it seems likely that there will
> be more such frobs.  so I'd like to see a unique separator character
> as opposed to one which already appears in several content-types.

I really don't want to restart this debate, however, I have to note that
there is substantial disagreement with your assessment that "enough things
like this have been proposed over the past 10 years...".

But regardless, I think avoiding separators we already use is a good idea. I
personally like "+", but I could live with any of the others as well.

				Ned

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:44:07 -0700
To: John Cowan <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
From: Tim Bray <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Sender: [email-masked]

At 10:35 AM 5/10/00 -0400, John Cowan wrote:
>[email-masked] wrote:
>
>> Which one do you strongly recommend?  It is not too late.
>
>I like "+", which could be understood as meaning "and also".

Me too. -Tim

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
To: Chris Lilley <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D 
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 12:17:43 -0400
Sender: [email-masked]

> the bare symbol "-" was not being proposed as a separator al by itself. 

actually, a big problem with the "-xml" suffix proposal is that it 
assumes that there will never be any other content-type frobs used
in combination with "-xml".  but enough things like this have been
proposed over the past 10 years that it seems likely that there will
be more such frobs.  so I'd like to see a unique separator character
as opposed to one which already appears in several content-types.

Keith

From: Miles Sabin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:50:25 +0100
Sender: [email-masked]

MURATA Makoto wrote,
> Dave Peterson wrote,
> > At 1:37 AM +0900 5/10/00, [email-masked] wrote:
> > > At the ietf-822 mailing list, Keith Moore [1] pointed out 
> > > that "-" is already used too heavily by existing media 
> > > types.  Chris Newman [2] suggested ~!$^+{}| We picked |
> > 
> > One of the others would have had the advantage that it 
> > doesn't look like another character (e.g., Cap I and/or 
> > lower case L in san-serif) in any common fonts.
>
> Which one do you strongly recommend?  It is not too late.

One possible problem with '|'. Judging from RFC 1345 there are
a couple of EBCDIC variants it's missing from, in particular
IBM038 aka EBCDIC-INT. I've no idea if _anyone_ would ever want 
to be able to round-trip MIME headers with XML Content-Types
through that encoding, but if they did it might be fiddly.

ISO 646 specifies the following 'invariant graphic characters'
which should be available in any encoding worth bothering
with,

 ! "     %   ' ( ) * + , - . / 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 : ; < = > ?
   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z       _
   a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

and the intersection of that set with Chris Newmans selection
boils down to,

  ! $ +

in which case I'd probably opt for '+'.

OTOH, maybe this just isn't worth worrying about.

Cheers,

Miles

-- 
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews
+44 (0)20 8817 4030               London, W6 0LJ, England
[email-masked]          http://www.cromwellmedia.com/

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 22:45:18 +0800 (CST)
From: Rick Jelliffe <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Sender: [email-masked]

On Wed, 10 May 2000, John Cowan wrote:

> [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> > Which one do you strongly recommend?  It is not too late.

I like svg|xml because it gives the idea "you can process this as
SVG or XML" (if we take | to mean choice).  Also, it suggests UNIX
pipes, "this is SVG through XML" which is also neat.

Things change between drafts: would it really cause trouble to
change svg-xml to svg|xml  ?

Rick Jelliffe

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 10:35:25 -0400
From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Organization: Reuters Health Information
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:

> Which one do you strongly recommend?  It is not too late.

I like "+", which could be understood as meaning "and also".
For example, "image/svg+xml" would mean that this is an image
using the format named "svg" which is also an instance of XML.

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,  || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau,           || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies.            -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)

Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:33:23 +0200
From: Chris Lilley <[email-masked]>
Organization: W3C
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> From: Dave Peterson <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
> Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:11:29 -0400
> 
> > At 1:37 AM +0900 5/10/00, [email-masked] wrote:
> >
> > >At the ietf-822 mailing list, Keith Moore [1] pointed out that "-" is
> > >already used too heavily by existing media types.  Chris Newman [2]
> > >suggested ~!$^+{}| We picked |
> >
> > One of the others would have had the advantage that it doesn't look like
> > another character (e.g., Cap I and/or lower case L in san-serif) in any
> > common fonts.
> 
> Which one do you strongly recommend?  It is not too late.

Well if it is not too late, I would very much like to see the separator
altered back to "-".

The trailing string "-xml" does not occur, as you say, in any registered
MIME types. The frequency of "-" or indeed of "x" "m" and "l" elsewhere in
registered types is irrelevant. the bare symbol "-" was not being proposed
as a separator al by itself. 

It was the terminal string "-xml" which, as you point out, is unused in any
existing MIME type and thus there is no possibility of confusion.

However, SVG is getting close to finished and we would like a stable naming
system to use. The latest SVG last call working draft in fact stated that
the MIME type for SVG would be registered as "image/svg-xml". If the
trailing string is altered to "|xml" then the SVG WG has to choose between
moving to the new preferred syntax, or staying with the old one and loosing
any semantic about general XML processing.

--
Chris

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 23:10:55 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 19
Sender: [email-masked]

From: Dave Peterson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:11:29 -0400

> At 1:37 AM +0900 5/10/00, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> >At the ietf-822 mailing list, Keith Moore [1] pointed out that "-" is
> >already used too heavily by existing media types.  Chris Newman [2]
> >suggested ~!$^+{}| We picked |
> 
> One of the others would have had the advantage that it doesn't look like
> another character (e.g., Cap I and/or lower case L in san-serif) in any
> common fonts.

Which one do you strongly recommend?  It is not too late.

Cheers,

MURATA Makoto

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:10:20 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 101
Sender: [email-masked]

Rick,

Thank you for your comments.

Some of your comments (XML Base, UTF-16LE/BE) should actually go to
the XML Core WG of W3C and the ietf-charset mailing list.

> 1) Charset "should" be given for application/xml. HTTP has a character 
> set handling concept that comes from fantasyland. I would recommend a 
> very different policy: never use xml/data, always use application/xml; 
> never use charset, always use xml encoding declarations. 

RFC 2376 already has this attribute.  We cannot remove it.  

You do not have to use this attribute.  Then, you will get 
what you want.

I am willing to add arguments for and against this attribute to the
next I-D.  

> 2) "When non-validating processors handle XML documents, they do not 
>       always read external parsed entities. Thus, interoperability is 
>       not guaranteed." 
> This is just FUD: why isnt this handled by the "standalone" declaration. 
> If it is a comment about bugs in software, that is out-of-place here. 

If two processors emit different element structures, we do not have
interoperability.  Thus, XML 1.0 does not provide full
interoperability unfortunately.  (I keep kicking myself for not
voting against external parsed entities.)

standalone="no" provides helpful warning.  But it does not provide
interoperability.  It merely makes the problem explicit.

> 3) Support for xml:base.

If XML Base becomes a W3C recommendation, our upcoming RFC must
mention XML Base.  If it does not, it must be omitted.  The I-D
mentions it, since XML Base is in the last call phase.  You might want
to send your comments to [email-masked].

I am personally not a big fan of xml:base.  It may be useful for
XLink&XPointer.  But XML Base is intended to affects *any* attribute
if application programs use it as a relave URI reference.  I do not
think all application programmers will agree to implement XML Base.
But I have had little support.

> 4) The rocket scientists at IETF have managed a new thing with the spec 
> for utf16be (if you use utf16be you cannot have a BOM apparantly): it 

This issue has been extensively discussed at Unicode Consortium 
as well as the ietf-charset mailing list.  We already have an 
RFC (RFC 2781).  

I believe that the consensus at W3C is to allow UTF-16LE/BE 
as optional charsets for XML (encoding declarations are requried, 
though.)  Again, you might want to argue at W3C (I18N IG and XML Core WG).
I am personally not a fan of UTF-16LE/BE either.

> 5) Along similar lines, but far worse and of major importance for 
> internationalization, the fragment identifier of a URI has to be in 
> US-ASCII with %HH escaping. Here I am in Taipei and I want to include 
> an Xpointer to refer to an ID or element name or attribute name or 
> value, and I have to first find the numeric values of my Big5, then 
> trancode it into Unicode, then find out what the Unicode values are in 
> HEX, then put them in. Is that the way it is supposed to work? 

No, it is not the way it is supposed to work.  Believe me, I would
never agree on such a horrible scenario!  (But I am willing to expand the
I-D to address your concern.)

You write a "URI reference" in Big5.  This is fine.  Before 
sending the "URI reference" to protocols such as HTTP, programs 
have to convert it to the %HH format.  In other words, %HH 
exists on the wire only.  When interpreting such URIs containing 
%HH, recipient programs have to reconstruct Unicode characters.

HTML 4.01 already recommend users agents to convert non-ASCII 
characters to %HH.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.1

URI is defined by RFC 2396, and it allows a limited subset of the
repertoire of ASCII characters only.  (Since a URI is a protocol 
element, I think that this is acceptable.)  A new spec for IURI is 
being developed.  It is available at:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-masinter-url-i18n-05.txt

> Good to see: 
> 
> 
> 1) |xml suffix is great idea 
> 
> 
> 2) MIME types for DTDs and external parsed entities 

Thanks.

Cheers,

Makoto

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:06:26 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 139
Sender: [email-masked]

Rick Jelliffe posted this reply to xml-dev.  Since this I-D 
should be discussed here, I am forwarding his message.

> Murata Makoto wrote: 
>   
> > We are looking forward to your feedbacks. 
> 
> 
> Very disappointing to see: 
> 
> 
> 1) Charset "should" be given for application/xml. HTTP has a character 
> set handling concept that comes from fantasyland. I would recommend a 
> very different policy: never use xml/data, always use application/xml; 
> never use charset, always use xml encoding declarations. 
> 
> 
> 2) "When non-validating processors handle XML documents, they do not 
>       always read external parsed entities. Thus, interoperability is 
>       not guaranteed." 
> This is just FUD: why isnt this handled by the "standalone" declaration. 
> If it is a comment about bugs in software, that is out-of-place here. 
> 
> 
> 
> 3) Support for xml:base. Xml:base is currently being railroaded through 
> W3C with requirements document--on behalf of my organization which is a 
> W3C member I have repeatedly asked what its justification is, and there 
> has never been any answer. Xml:base is dangerous because it creates an 
> unlabelled dialect of XML--a general XML editor cannot treat URIs as 
> text when cutting and pasting, it also may have to do something with 
> xml:base. It would be OK if managed as part of some more general 
> package, but not by itself. In any case, it is not clear whether 
> xml:base applies to all data marked by a schema as a URI or just to data 
> marked as an xlink:href. It does not apply to URIs in SYSTEM identifiers 
> in entities, ASAIK. 
> 
> 
> Without knowing which URIs are "known" by xml:base, and what its 
> interaction is with xml schemas, broad statements that embedded URIs 
> should be interpreted relative to xml:base are surely incorrect, or at 
> least too early. There is no need for F with xml:base, but U and D are 
> certainly warranted. 
> 
> 
> 4) The rocket scientists at IETF have managed a new thing with the spec 
> for utf16be (if you use utf16be you cannot have a BOM apparantly): it 
> means that not only can you do too little as far as labelling your data, 
> you can now do *too much*! If you want to use big-endian utf16 and your 
> software sticks in a BOM just to be safe you are ruined. I thought I had 
> seen everything. This makes the well-intentioned user pay: it looks like 
> an enabling provision, but its effect is surely to prevent the use of 
> big-endian UTF16. Users should not be penalized for providing "too 
> much" labelling. 
> 
> 
> 5) Along similar lines, but far worse and of major importance for 
> internationalization, the fragment identifier of a URI has to be in 
> US-ASCII with %HH escaping. Here I am in Taipei and I want to include 
> an Xpointer to refer to an ID or element name or attribute name or 
> value, and I have to first find the numeric values of my Big5, then 
> trancode it into Unicode, then find out what the Unicode values are in 
> HEX, then put them in. Is that the way it is supposed to work? This is 
> exactly the sort of thing that should be provided by the XML 
> infrastructure, not by the poor user: to tell the user "you can say 
> 'yes' in your native language in that attribute value, but you cannot 
> type it directly when you want to reference that elemement" is not 
> acceptable. And what about XSLT: does it mean that when I use an XPath 
> which includes a document() reference, that I have to suddenly stop when 
> I get to the fragment identifier of the URI and switch to %HH? 
> 
> 
> This draft has lost the plot. XML is first and foremost a markup 
> language: that is its name, that is its purpose, that is what we want. 
> Someone should be able to open their local text editor and create a 
> legitimate document using all the characters available in that editor, 
> without every having to perform any character-to-number conversions or 
> looking up any character tables. This is a basic operational simplicity 
> which gives XML 99% of its value. 
> 
> 
> If HTTP requires data in a different format, the XML infrastructure 
> should provide that transparently. If IETF or any RFC pupports to make 
> any requirement on how I can mark up legitimate characters, then the 
> comment we should respond is terse an monosyllabic: it is not the 
> business of an RFC to mandate any particular encodings within an XML 
> document. It is ultra vires. (Note, I am *not* saying that an RFC cannot 
> proscribe certain characters. I am saying that an RFC oversteps itself 
> if it tries to tell me that I must use %HH rather than &#HHHH; or a 
> direct character inside my XML document.) 
> 
> 
> If a future technology like xml:base is included in discussion, why is 
> there no discussion of international domain names? XML should not 
> constrain the domain names to be any character (the RFCs currently keep 
> the door open): whatever mechanism is eventually used to allow 
> internationalised domain names, that should be handled transparently by 
> the XML processor and the user should be able to see and type the direct 
> characters (or have NCRS). 
> So mandating %HH has the problem that we will have to revisit this RFC 
> as soon as international DNS comes online (which will probably be sooner 
> rather than later: there is a staggering demand here in Asia for it). 
> It would be best if XML kept out of the issue entirely: in particular, 
> if it is decided that CNRP should be used to convert IDNS names into 
> ASCII domain names, then that is definitely something that would make 
> the approach of %HH in the domain name part unneeded: why should we have 
> one rule in the domain name and another rule for other places. 
> 
> 
> 
> Good to see: 
> 
> 
> 1) |xml suffix is great idea 
> 
> 
> 2) MIME types for DTDs and external parsed entities 
> 
> 
> 
> I regret to say, I think these flaws are so great that the draft should 
> be withdrawn and retought at once. Especially point 5 is a disaster. In 
> particular, whenever there is some conversion between IETF syntax 
> requirements and simple plain text editing, this should be hidden from 
> the user and taken care of by the XML processor. 
> 
> 
> The current draft is a step backwards for internationalization of the 
> WWW in practise. Or, at least, it makes life simpler for ASCII users 
> but much more difficult for us non-ASCII users. And I think it makes 
> life much more complicated for implementers: it means that user 
> interfaces will have to have data conversion routines built in, rather 
> than just leaving it to the URI referencing library routines. 
> 
> 
> 
> Rick Jelliffe

Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 13:11:29 -0400
To: [email-masked]
From: Dave Peterson <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Sender: [email-masked]

At 1:37 AM +0900 5/10/00, [email-masked] wrote:

>At the ietf-822 mailing list, Keith Moore [1] pointed out that "-" is
>already used too heavily by existing media types.  Chris Newman [2]
>suggested ~!$^+{}| We picked |

One of the others would have had the advantage that it doesn't look like
another character (e.g., Cap I and/or lower case L in san-serif) in any
common fonts.
-- 
Dave Peterson
SGMLWorks!

[email-masked]

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:37:05 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 26
Sender: [email-masked]

From: Chris Lilley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 18:05:16 +0200

> >    The suffix is changed from "-xml" to "|xml".  As of now,
> >    no media types ending with "-xml" are registered yet.
> 
> I looked but did not see any reason given for this change. Is "|" superior
> to "-" in some way? If so, it should be documented. If not, why change it?

Yes, it should be documented.  We will fix this.

At the ietf-822 mailing list, Keith Moore [1] pointed out that "-" is
already used too heavily by existing media types.  Chris Newman [2]
suggested ~!$^+{}| We picked |

As of today, no registered media types [3] use "-xml" yet.

Cheers,

Makoto

[1] http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/mail-archive/msg01797.html
[2] http://www.imc.org/ietf-822/mail-archive/msg01803.html
[3] ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/media-types

Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 18:05:16 +0200
From: Chris Lilley <[email-masked]>
Organization: W3C
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Announcement of a new I-D
Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Simon St. Laurent, Dan Kohn, and I create a new I-D for XML media
> types.  It is available at:

> 4. appendix comparing alternatives to '|xml' suffix added.

This is a valuable write up, and summarises well the need for a suffic.

>    The suffix is changed from "-xml" to "|xml".  As of now,
>    no media types ending with "-xml" are registered yet.

I looked but did not see any reason given for this change. Is "|" superior
to "-" in some way? If so, it should be documented. If not, why change it?

--
Chris

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Announcement of a new I-D
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 23:37:03 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 32
Sender: [email-masked]

Simon St. Laurent, Dan Kohn, and I create a new I-D for XML media
types.  It is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-03.txt

Major differences from previous versions are as below:

1. Fragment identifiers for text/xml and application/xml are 
   escaped XPointers (section 6).  This addition was requested 
   by the XML Core WG of W3C.

2. The base URI may be embedded in text/xml, application/xml,
   text/xml-external-parsed-entity, or
   application/xml-external-parsed-entity (section 7).  Again, 
   this addition was requested by the XML Core WG of W3C.

3. utf-16le and utf-16be are mentioned (sections 5 and 9).  Since 
   RFC 2781 (UTF-16, an encoding of ISO 10646) introduce these 
   two charsets, they have to be mentioned.

4. appendix comparing alternatives to '|xml' suffix added.  
   The suffix is changed from "-xml" to "|xml".  As of now, 
   no media types ending with "-xml" are registered yet.

5. The security section is expanded on the basis of 
   David Megginson's presentation to XTech 2000.

6. Lots of minor editing.

We are looking forward to your feedbacks.

MURATA Makoto

From: "Salus Financial" <[email-masked]>
To: "Salus Financial" <[email-masked]>
Subject:  THE INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:59:01 -0700
Importance: Normal
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01BFB6A2.72FE7860
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

 THE INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS
It’s a fact that one out of every three Canadians will experience a life
altering illness during his or her lifetime.

With today’s advances in medical science the chances of survival are greater
than ever!

Should you be diagnosed with...and survive...any of the following 17
conditions covered under this plan the insurer will provide you with a lump
sum payment of tax free cash.

            *Heart Attack                         *Cancer

            *Stroke                                    *Coronary Artery
Bypass Surgery

            *Multiple Sclerosis               *Alzheimer’s Disease

            *Parkinson’s Disease          *Major Organ Transplant

            *Paralysis                                *Kidney Failure

            *Coma                                      *Blindness

            *Severe Burns                       *Loss of Speech

            *Occupational HIV               *Loss of Limbs

            *Deafness

Picture receiving $100,000 or $250,000 or more to help towards recovery,
maintaining your lifestyle or saving your business.

Fax (604) 647-0631 or return this e-mail today for more information on this
new, innovative and affordable living benefit product.

            Name: __________________________________

            Address: ________________________________

                           ________________________________

            Date of Birth: ____________________________

            Phone: _____________ Fax: ________________

I am not interested in further information.  Please take me off of your
list.

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01BFB6A2.72FE7860
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2722.2800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT size=3D2><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D6>&nbsp;THE=20
INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">It&#8217;s a fact =
that <B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">one out of every three</B> =
Canadians will=20
experience a life altering illness during his or her =
lifetime.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<H1><FONT face=3DArial>With today&#8217;s advances in medical science =
the chances of=20
survival are greater than ever!</FONT></H1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<?xml:namespace prefix=20
=3D o ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"=20
/><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Should you be =
diagnosed=20
with...and survive...any of the following <B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">17 conditions</B> covered under =
this plan=20
the insurer will provide you with a <B style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: =
normal">lump=20
sum</B> <B style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">payment of tax free=20
cash</B>.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><B style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">*Heart Attack<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<SPAN=20
class=3D260283821-05052000>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Cancer<o:p></o:p></B></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Stroke<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN><SPA=
N=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN>&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*Coronary=20
Artery Bypass Surgery<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Multiple Sclerosis<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Alzheimer&#8217;s Disease<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Parkinson&#8217;s Disease<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN>*Ma=
jor=20
Organ Transplant<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Paralysis<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>*Kidney=20
Failure<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Coma<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp; </SPAN>*Blindness<SPAN style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Severe Burns<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Loss of Speech<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Occupational HIV<SPAN style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Loss of Limbs<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Deafness</SPAN></B><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Picture receiving =
<B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">$100,000 or $250,000 or more =
</B>to help=20
towards recovery, maintaining your lifestyle or saving your=20
business.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Fax <B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">(604) 647-0631</B> or return this =
e-mail=20
today for more information on this new, innovative and affordable living =
benefit=20
product.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Name: =
__________________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Address: =
________________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>________________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Date of Birth: =
____________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Phone: _____________ Fax: ________________</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">I=20
am not interested in further information.&nbsp; Please take me off of =
your=20
list.</A></FONT></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01BFB6A2.72FE7860--

From: "Salus Financial" <[email-masked]>
To: "Salus Financial" <[email-masked]>
Subject: THE INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:43:12 -0700
Importance: Normal
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01BFB6A0.3CE311C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

 THE INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS
It’s a fact that one out of every three Canadians will experience a life
altering illness during his or her lifetime.

With today’s advances in medical science the chances of survival are greater
than ever!

Should you be diagnosed with...and survive...any of the following 17
conditions covered under this plan the insurer will provide you with a lump
sum payment of tax free cash.

            *Heart Attack                         *Cancer

            *Stroke                                    *Coronary Artery
Bypass Surgery

            *Multiple Sclerosis               *Alzheimer’s Disease

            *Parkinson’s Disease          *Major Organ Transplant

            *Paralysis                                *Kidney Failure

            *Coma                                      *Blindness

            *Severe Burns                       *Loss of Speech

            *Occupational HIV               *Loss of Limbs

            *Deafness

Picture receiving $100,000 or $250,000 or more to help towards recovery,
maintaining your lifestyle or saving your business.

Fax (604) 647-0631 or return this e-mail today for more information on this
new, innovative and affordable living benefit product.

            Name: __________________________________

            Address: ________________________________

                           ________________________________

            Date of Birth: ____________________________

            Phone: _____________ Fax: ________________

I am not interested in further information.  Please take me off of your
list.

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01BFB6A0.3CE311C0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2722.2800" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT size=3D2><STRONG><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D6>&nbsp;THE=20
INSURANCE PROFESSIONALS</FONT></STRONG></DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">It&#8217;s a fact =
that <B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">one out of every three</B> =
Canadians will=20
experience a life altering illness during his or her =
lifetime.</SPAN></FONT></P>
<H1><FONT face=3DArial>With today&#8217;s advances in medical science =
the chances of=20
survival are greater than ever!</FONT></H1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<?xml:namespace prefix=20
=3D o ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"=20
/><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Should you be =
diagnosed=20
with...and survive...any of the following <B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">17 conditions</B> covered under =
this plan=20
the insurer will provide you with a <B style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: =
normal">lump=20
sum</B> <B style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">payment of tax free=20
cash</B>.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><B style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">*Heart Attack<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;<SPAN=20
class=3D690243021-05052000>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Cancer<o:p></o:p></B></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Stroke<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN><SPA=
N=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN>&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*Coronary=20
Artery Bypass Surgery<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Multiple Sclerosis<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Alzheimer&#8217;s Disease<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Parkinson&#8217;s Disease<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</SPAN>*Ma=
jor=20
Organ Transplant<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Paralysis<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </SPAN>*Kidney=20
Failure<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Coma<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp; </SPAN>*Blindness<SPAN style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Severe Burns<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Loss of Speech<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Occupational HIV<SPAN style=3D"mso-tab-count: 1">&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Loss of Limbs<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>*Deafness</SPAN></B><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Picture receiving =
<B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">$100,000 or $250,000 or more =
</B>to help=20
towards recovery, maintaining your lifestyle or saving your=20
business.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt">Fax <B=20
style=3D"mso-bidi-font-weight: normal">(604) 647-0631</B> or return this =
e-mail=20
today for more information on this new, innovative and affordable living =
benefit=20
product.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Name: =
__________________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Address: =
________________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
2">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>________________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Date of Birth: =
____________________________<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: =
10.0pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-tab-count: =
1">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Phone: _____________ Fax: ________________</SPAN></FONT></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><FONT face=3DArial><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">I=20
am not interested in further information.&nbsp; Please take me off of =
your=20
list.</A></FONT></P></FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00A7_01BFB6A0.3CE311C0--