Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 23:00:17 +0900 (JST)
List-Id: <ietf-xml-mime.imc.org>

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:47:05 -0400

> I propose the following drop-in replacement for paragraph 2 of section 3:

Thanks for your smart use of MAY and SHOULD.  I will use
your text in our submission to IESG.

Cheers,

IBM Tokyo Research Lab &
International University of Japan, Research Institute

MURATA Makoto

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:57:06 -0400
To: "E.L. Willighagen" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Sender: [email-masked]

At 10:32 AM 6/22/00 +0200, E.L. Willighagen wrote:
>It is easy to give this document a text/xml MIME type, but i would say that
>the mechanism which is proposed: application/mathml+xml is very interesting.
>
>But how would that mechanism apply to the document?
application/xhtml,mathml,cml+xml
>Obviously not, because you cannot register all combinations...
>
>The reason why i think this is important is the content negotiation process, 
>where the client has to say something like: application/mathml+xml,
>application/cml+xml etc... And in this case the client could say:
>Accept: application/mathml+xml, application/cml+xml;

I'd very much like to see this functionality provided - I don't, however,
think it's possible to get that amount of information into the MIME
infrastructure itself.  We went round and round a few dozen times getting
consensus on even the suffix, and it seems that the functionality you're
looking for is the domain of the content negotiation working group.  

For XML, it's reasonable to say that MIME types are only describing the
document container type, not the contents.

(I just posted an article on XML.com that outlines some of these
complexities, and their relationship to various technologies:
http://www.xml.com/pub/2000/06/21/disruption/index.html)

>But this is not complete. Since namespaces are not part of XML1.0 but an
extension
>text/xml does not include namespaces. So the proposal also lacks a mechanism
>to say that a document uses namespaces.

Agreed - though I've said a few times that this feels like a flaw in XML
itself, in need of resolution through packaging.  For an example of what
that could look like (though doubtless quite different from what might
someday be implemented), see my XML Processing Description Language (XPDL) at:
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/xpdl

There are definitely a number of difficult problems to solve here; we've
just tried to solve an acceptable subset.

Simon St.Laurent
XML Elements of Style / XML: A Primer, 2nd Ed.
http://www.simonstl.com - XML essays and books

From: "E.L. Willighagen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:32:58 +0200 (MET DST)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Sender: [email-masked]

Interesting proposal.

But let me first introduce myself: i am a chemist involved in XML (CML to
be precise, with some SVG and MathML) and am working on a web server that
will be able to the following:

on the server side there are database with data with a limited set of 
MIME types (mostly XML: CML, SVG, MathML etc). But since not all web clients
are able to work with XML, the server will convert the data into a MIME type
which the client *can* handle...

The link with XML Mime types is ofcourse that NS6 and IE5 can handle XML and
appropriate MIMEs are needed.

Oke, now my comment on the draft.

First of all, i like to say its an important draft (but you all know that).
But what i miss in the draft is mixed XML content (not referring to PCDATA),
but XML documents like this:

<xhtml:xhtml xmlns:xhtml="blabla">
  ... some XHTML code ...
  
  ... some article's text: ... take for example the molecular structure of 
      acetic acid ...

  <cml:molecule xmlns:cml="http://www.xml-cml.org/">
     ... 2D molecular structure ...
  </cml:molecule>

  ... some more text: ... and if we apply the following equation to this
      structure we get ...

  <mathml:mrow xmlns:mathml="foofoo">
  </mathml:mrow>

  ... and possibly more text and more foreign XML fragments ...

</xhtml:xhtml>

It is easy to give this document a text/xml MIME type, but i would say that
the mechanism which is proposed: application/mathml+xml is very interesting.

But how would that mechanism apply to the document? application/xhtml,mathml,cml+xml
Obviously not, because you cannot register all combinations...

The reason why i think this is important is the content negotiation process, 
where the client has to say something like: application/mathml+xml,
application/cml+xml etc... And in this case the client could say:
Accept: application/mathml+xml, application/cml+xml;

But this is not complete. Since namespaces are not part of XML1.0 but an extension
text/xml does not include namespaces. So the proposal also lacks a mechanism
to say that a document uses namespaces.

These are some thoughts i had when reading draft... when considering my project
i have the two problems above:
1. there is not MIME type for XML Namespaces
2. what MIME type must the server use when sending a document like the one above...

I hope that several can comment on this...

Egon

Reply-To: "Salus Financial" <[email-masked]>
From: "Salus Financial" <[email-masked]>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:@tot-ti.proxy.aol.com;;>
Subject: The Insurance Professionals
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:37:06 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00A8_01BFDB8E.2CCAF240
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00A9_01BFDB8E.2CD29360"

------=_NextPart_001_00A9_01BFDB8E.2CD29360
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

=20
=20

=20

=20

=20

Few of us are prepared for the financial burdens that can threaten both =
our lifestyle and our security

=20

=B7        Convalescence

=B7        Private nursing costs

=B7        Reduction or permanent loss of income

=B7        A change of profession

=B7        Child care

=B7        Medical equipment or home refitting

=B7        Mortgage and other debt payments

=B7         Relocation of your home to a warmer climate etc etc..

If any of these strikes
Will your finances survive?

=20

                                                            =20

=20

There is a new way of protecting yourself against the high cost of =
rebuilding your lifestyle following critical illness.  Picture receiving =
$100,000 or $250,000 tax-free lump-sum to help towards recovery, =
maintaining your lifestyle or saving your business.

And it's something every Canadian should know about
 Fax (604) 647-0631 or return this email today for more information

------=_NextPart_001_00A9_01BFDB8E.2CD29360
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.00.2722.2800" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;
<P class=3DMsoBodyText><SPAN=20
style=3D"POSITION: relative; mso-ignore: vglayout"><SPAN=20
style=3D"HEIGHT: 122px; LEFT: -6px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -4px; =
WIDTH: 580px"><IMG=20
alt=3D"Text Box: It&#8217;s a fact that one out of every three Canadians =
will contract a life-altering illness during his or her lifetime"=20
height=3D122 src=3D"cid:00a501bfdbc8$d9083880$2a7e9bac@suzannejacob" =
width=3D580=20
v:shapes=3D"_x0000_s1027"></SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: fuchsia; FONT-FAMILY: 'PC =
Brussels'">&nbsp;<?xml:namespace prefix=20
=3D o ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
/><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoBodyText><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: fuchsia; FONT-FAMILY: 'PC =
Brussels'">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoBodyText><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: fuchsia">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoBodyTextIndent><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Few of us =
are prepared=20
for the financial burdens that can threaten both our lifestyle and our=20
security<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
11pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
12pt">Convalescence<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Private =
nursing=20
costs<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Reduction =
or=20
permanent loss of income<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">A change =
of=20
profession<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Child=20
care<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Medical =
equipment or=20
home refitting<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; =
mso-bidi-font-weight: bold">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Mortgage =
and other=20
debt payments<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal=20
style=3D"MARGIN-LEFT: 1.25in; TEXT-INDENT: -0.25in; mso-list: l0 level1 =
lfo2; tab-stops: list 1.25in"><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; FONT-SIZE: 11pt">=B7<SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT: 7pt 'Times New =
Roman'">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: #333399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 12pt">Relocation =
of your=20
home to a warmer climate etc etc&#8230;.</SPAN></B><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<H1><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt">If any of these =
strikes<o:p></o:p></SPAN></H1>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><B><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
16pt">Will=20
your finances survive?<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
14pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
11pt"><IMG=20
height=3D104 src=3D"cid:00a601bfdbc8$d9083880$2a7e9bac@suzannejacob" =
width=3D104=20
v:shapes=3D"_x0000_i1025"></SPAN><B><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 14pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></B></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D"POSITION: relative; Z-INDEX: 1; mso-ignore: vglayout"><SPAN=20
style=3D"HEIGHT: 170px; LEFT: 282px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -157px; =
WIDTH: 388px"><IMG=20
alt=3D"Text Box: 3Heart =
Attack&#9;&#9;3Cancer&#13;&#10;3Stroke&#9;&#9;3Coronary Artery Bypass =
Surgery&#13;&#10;3Multiple Sclerosis&#9;3Alzheimer&#8217;s =
Disease&#13;&#10;3Parkinson&#8217;s Disease&#9;3Major Organ =
Transplant&#13;&#10;3Paralysis&#9;&#9;3Kidney =
Failure&#13;&#10;3Coma&#9;&#9;3Blindness&#13;&#10;3Severe Burns&#9;3Loss =
of Speech&#13;&#10;3Occupational HIV&#9;3Loss of =
Limbs&#13;&#10;&#9;&#9;&#9;3Deafness&#13;&#10;&#13;&#10;"=20
height=3D170 src=3D"cid:00a701bfdbc8$d90fd9a0$2a7e9bac@suzannejacob" =
width=3D388=20
v:shapes=3D"_x0000_s1026"></SPAN></SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 11pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
=20
</SPAN><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
11pt">&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: =
12pt">There is a=20
new way of protecting yourself against the high cost of rebuilding your=20
lifestyle following critical illness.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: =
yes">&nbsp;=20
</SPAN>Picture receiving $100,000 or $250,000 tax-free lump-sum to help =
towards=20
recovery, maintaining your lifestyle or saving your=20
business.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>
<H2>And it&#8217;s something every Canadian should know about</H2>
<P class=3DMsoBodyText3><SPAN=20
style=3D"BACKGROUND: #333399; COLOR: white; FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp;</SPAN>Fax (604) 647-0631 or return =
this email=20
today for more information</SPAN><SPAN=20
style=3D"COLOR: white; FONT-SIZE: =
12pt"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_00A9_01BFDB8E.2CD29360--

------=_NextPart_000_00A8_01BFDB8E.2CCAF240
Content-Type: image/gif;
	name="clip_image002.gif"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <00a501bfdbc8$d9083880$2a7e9bac@suzannejacob>

------=_NextPart_000_00A8_01BFDB8E.2CCAF240
Content-Type: image/jpeg;
	name="clip_image004.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <00a601bfdbc8$d9083880$2a7e9bac@suzannejacob>

------=_NextPart_000_00A8_01BFDB8E.2CCAF240
Content-Type: image/gif;
	name="clip_image005.gif"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <00a701bfdbc8$d90fd9a0$2a7e9bac@suzannejacob>

------=_NextPart_000_00A8_01BFDB8E.2CCAF240--

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:22:18 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 13
Sender: [email-masked]

From: "Martin J. Duerst" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:38:53 +0900

> >If we do not receive any comments,
> 
> By what date?

How about 6/28?

Cheers,

Makoto

Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:38:53 +0900
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: "Martin J. Duerst" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Sender: [email-masked]

At 00/06/21 00:39 +0900, [email-masked] wrote:
>Simon St. Laurent, Dan Kohn, and I create a new I-D for XML media
>types.  It is available at:
>
>         http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-06.txt

Great.

>If we do not receive any comments,

By what date?

>we will ask the IESG to consider
>publication of this Internet-Draft as a Proposed Standard.

Regards,   Martin.

Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:47:05 -0400
From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Organization: Reuters Health Information
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Sender: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:
 
> If we do not receive any comments, we will ask the IESG to consider
> publication of this Internet-Draft as a Proposed Standard.

I propose the following drop-in replacement for paragraph 2 of section 3:

   Within the XML specification, XML MIME entities can be classified
   into four types. In the XML terminology, they are called "document
   entities", "external DTD subsets", "external parsed entities", and
   "external parameter entities". The media types text/xml and
   application/xml MAY be used for "document entities", while
   text/xml-external-parsed-entity or
   application/xml-external-parsed-entity SHOULD be used for "external
   parsed entities". The media type application/xml-dtd SHOULD be used for
   "external DTD subsets" or "external parameter entities". For
   backward compatibility, application/xml and text/xml MAY, but SHOULD NOT,
   also be used for "external parsed entities", "external DTD subsets", and
   "external parameter entities".

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,  || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau,           || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies.            -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Informal last call: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-06.txt
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:39:36 +0900 (JST)
Lines: 24
Sender: [email-masked]

Simon St. Laurent, Dan Kohn, and I create a new I-D for XML media
types.  It is available at:

	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-06.txt

Differnces from the previous version are as below:
  - added descriptions of changes to RFC 2376. 
  - changed SHOULDs to MUSTs in the inconsistent example, section 8.20.

Major differences from RFC 2376 are as below:

      (1) the addition of text/xml-external-parsed-entity,
      application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and application/xml-dtd,

      (2) the '+xml' suffix convention (which also updates the RFC 2048
      registration process), and

      (3) the discussion of "utf-16le" and "utf-16be".

If we do not receive any comments, we will ask the IESG to consider
publication of this Internet-Draft as a Proposed Standard.

IBM Tokyo Research Lab
MURATA Makoto

Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 07:00:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: L.A. Kids
Sender: [email-masked]

Question:

What do. . .

             500 Kids
                 The Shrine
                    12 Youth Organizations
                     Mike Milken
                      Danny Glover
                     Edward James Olmos
                    A Circus
                   June 6, 2000
                 Los Angeles
              Chloë Sevigny
              Michael Clarke Duncan
              A Carnival
              First Lady of California Sharon Davis
              Cyril Drabinsky
              Charlie Fleischer

              . . . have in common?

Answer: Youth EnterNet of America's "A Celebration to Benefit Los Angeles Kids"

Check out www.YouthEnterNet.org/la to see the smiles, the celebrities and the fun!

**** You have been selected to receive this notification. If you wish to receive no further contact from YouthEnterNet.org, simply go to www.YouthEnterNet.org/optout.htm to unsubscribe. ****

From: MURATA Makoto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:20:40 +0900
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Announcement of draft-murata-xml-05.txt
Sender: [email-masked]

Dan, Simon, and I created yet another I-D for XML media types.
It is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-05.txt

   draft-murata-xml-05: added XML, MIME, and this document definitions
   for entity.  Added new invalid example.  Fixed magic number by
   adding "l" to UTF-16 examples.  Added IANA considerations.  Removed
   extraneous notes. Made clear that examples are not registrations. 
   Mention the standalone declaration.  Removed normative references to
   XML Base, XLink, and XPointer, since they are still working drafts. 
   Fragment identifiers are still undefined.  Mechanisms for embedding
   the base URI are still undefined.  Strengthened and filled out
   Referencing section, and moved to section 7.1.

We are looking forward to your feedbacks.

IBM Tokyo Research Lab
MURATA Makoto

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 19:02:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ERROR! Someone May Be Ripping You Off!
Organization: Khoury, Jackson, & Associates
Sender: [email-masked]

--=200006061658=
Content-Type: text/plain;charset=US-ASCII

If you are receiving this, than you are in a special database and

you may have been ripped off!

Check http://www.ecomtogo.cc

This message is sent in compliance of the new email bill section 301. Under
Bill S.1618 TITLE III passed by the 105th U.S. Congress this message cannot
be Considered Spam as long as we include the way to be removed. Per Section
301, Paragraph (a)(2)(C) of S. 1618, further transmissions to you by the
sender of this email may be stopped at no cost to you by sending a request
to be removed to - mailto: [email-masked] . Please type "Remove" in the
subject line. Your request to be removed will be processed within 24 hours.
Please DO NOT Reply to this message if you wish to be removed.

**************************************************************************************
Notice:  This letter is not spam.  It is sent to you with your 
permission, subject to terms given when posting your ad on my links page,
or sending an e-mail to my address: [email-masked]
To review your post, simply go to: [ http://ffanet.com/links/slightedge.htm ]
**************************************************************************************

--=200006061658=--