Subject: [xml-mime] New attempt at 3023bis now available

From: [email-masked] (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:37:03 +0100

[from i-d-announce]
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : XML Media Types
        Author(s)       : Chris Lilley
                          MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)
                          Alexey Melnikov
                          Henry S. Thompson
        Filename        : draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00.txt
        Pages           : 35
        Date            : 2012-10-15

Abstract:
   This specification standardizes three media types --
   application/xml, application/xml-external-parsed-entity, and
   application/xml-dtd -- for use in exchanging network entities that
   are related to the Extensible Markup Language (XML) while defining
   text/xml and text/ xml-external-parsed-entity as aliases for the
   respective application/ types.  This specification also
   standardizes a convention (using the suffix '+xml') for naming
   media types outside of these five types when those media types
   represent XML MIME entities.  XML MIME entities are currently
   exchanged via the HyperText Transfer Protocol on the World Wide
   Web, are an integral part of the WebDAV protocol for remote web
   authoring, and are expected to have utility in many domains.

   Major differences from [RFC3023] are alignment of charset handling
   for text/xml and text/xml-external-parsed-entity with application/
   xml, the addition of XPointer and XML Base as fragment identifiers
   and base URIs, respectively, mention of the XPointer Registry, and
   updating of many references.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lilley-xml-mediatypes-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

ht
-- 
       Henry S. Thompson, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
      10 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB, SCOTLAND -- (44) 131 650-4440
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: [email-masked]
                       URL: http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/
 [mail from me _always_ has a .sig like this -- mail without it is forged spam]