Subject: [xml2rfc] Nit in right justification algorithm

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 07:40:52 +0100

Hi.

The author of a draft currently in AUTH48 has a very long organization
name (Caltech is apparently touchy about being abbreviated) with the
result that it splits over three lines in the header.  The second/third
line splits at a space, and the space is not discarded but remains at
the right hand end of the line.  This looks odd.

Regards,
Elwyn

Example:

xml2rfc source:
<rfc submissionType="IRTF" category="exp" consensus="yes" number="6260"
ipr="trust200902">
  <front>
    <title abbrev="CBHE">Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE)</title>
    <author fullname="Scott Burleigh" initials="S" surname="Burleigh">
      <organization>Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of
      Technology</organization>

text output:

Internet Research Task Force (IRTF)                          S. Burleigh
Request for Comments: 6260                    Jet Propulsion Laboratory,
Category: Experimental                          California Institute of
ISSN: 2070-1721                                               Technology
                                                                May 2011

                Compressed Bundle Header Encoding (CBHE)

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:16:12 +0200

On 2011-05-21 08:40, Elwyn Davies wrote:
> ...

Could you enter a bug report at 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/report>?

Best regards, Julian