Subject: [xml2rfc] Experimental version - old boilerplate versions not supported

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:48:22 +0100

Hi.

Trying to process 
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/templates/template-edu-xml2rfc.xml

[Exhibits looping behaviour with plaintext output]

Selecting HTML output results in the following error:
> Unable to Validate File
>
> WARNING: unable to find a status boilerplate for ipr: noModification3978
Regrettably for full backwards compatibility we will have to support 
the  full plethora of boilerplate options that have ever existed. Bother!

I'll go tweak a copy to see if I can get any more useful results.

Regards
Elwyn

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:23:43 +0200

On 2011-07-27 15:48, Elwyn Davies wrote:
> Regrettably for full backwards compatibility we will have to support the
> full plethora of boilerplate options that have ever existed. Bother!
> ...

Not good. My experience is that handling the boilerplates can not be 
fully parametrized; there are just too many special cases and 
dependencies on content.

Best regards, Julian