Subject: [xml2rfc] Alternative experimental

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:00:45 -0400

Hi,

For those who are in a terrible hurry, and for some reason have XML sources
which depend on features in the old experimental version and won't work with
either the release version or the new experimental version, randy's server
at tools.bogus.com may still be running a copy of the old experimental version,
and will probably do so for a little while more.  But it's a good idea to move
over to the new experimental as soon as it works for you, as I don't expect
randy's server to be running the old experimental forever:

   http://tools.bogus.com/experimental.html

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 00:14:29 +0200

> http://tools.bogus.com/experimental.html

My understanding is there hasn't been an "experimental" version in 
service for quite some time. What's online is essentially the tip of the 
trunk.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:31:54 -0400

Hi Julian,

> service for quite some time. What's online is essentially the tip of the

I don't mind calling it whatever; just as long as it lets people get their
draft out if it's urgent right now, with a bit more time to convert to the
new rewrite which will eventually become the standard.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:40:02 -0400

For the past year, xml.resource.org/experimental.html has done an 
automatic redirect to xml.resource.org/index.html.

That is, there was *no* "old experimental" version of xml2rfc -- it was 
simply the current live version.

If you want to continue to use what you got prior to this past weekend, 
just use the link xml.resource.org. But if you want to use the new 
experimental stuff, feel free to use what's on 
xml.resource.org/experimental.html.

I added a big red note to experimental.html today explaining some of this.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 18:57:57 -0400

Hi Tony,

> automatic redirect to xml.resource.org/index.html.

Oops.  Please excuse my useless advice, in this case :-)

Best regards,

	Henrik