Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] rsync issue - Re: missing ref files

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 09:16:22 +0900

rsync1.xml.resource.org seems to be fully functional again and to have
current data.  on your first rsync, you may get a largish refresh due to
fresher file dates.

of course, rsync3.xml.resource.org seems to also be fully functional.

this list would be a good place to which to report problems.

randy, who was the original whiner about rsync1

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 09:29:00 +0900

> Before xml2rfc I used to write I-Ds as manually formatted

nroff!

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 21:33:54 +0200

On 1 July 2011 01:12, Dzonatas Sol wrote:

> What is expected with <!--1--2-->?

My xmlcheck.rex or xmlcheck.kex won't let me do that... :-)
But (for me) XML is still less obscure than SGML or ASN.1

---

From: Nico Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:45:57 -0500

>> Before xml2rfc I used to write I-Ds as manually formatted

What can I say, for me it seemed easier to use VIM and my paginator
than nroff.  I much prefer xml2rfc to either of those two.  If I could
get LyX to output formatted I-Ds I might use that, but there's only so
much time -- a WYSIWYG I-D editor is hardly a pressing need.

In any case, now that the rsync servers are back, I suppose this dead
horse can get left alone, finally.  (Until the next time!)

Nico
--

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 07:49:25 +0900

> In any case, now that the rsync servers are back

just to be sure.  as far as i know
  o rsync3 has been working all along
  o rsync1 had not been updating data but was serving
  o rsync1 is now very current and still serving

randy