Subject: [xml2rfc] Problem with figures

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:16:34 -0400

I'm having a problem getting xml2rfc to render figures correctly under
certain circumstances.  The version I am using is the online version at
http://xml.resource.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi

As an example, if I send draft-ietf-sipping-offeranswer-18.xml (with DOS
line ends) through xml2rfc, then the figure with caption
"Figure 1: Example of Offer/Answer with 100rel Extension (1)" comes out
correctly (in section 3.1.1 on page 9).  (Selecting paginated output with
output into a window.)

Now I insert "[newline]<!-- this is a comment -->" just after <artwork>, so the
source looks like this:

Therefore, a UAS should send a SDP answer reliably (if possible)
before it starts sending media. And, if neither the UAC nor the UAS
support 100rel, the UAS should send a preview of the answer before
it starts sending media.
					</t>
					<figure title="Example of Offer/Answer with 100rel Extension (1)" anchor="fig-ex-oa-1">
						<artwork>
<!-- this is a comment --><![CDATA[
   UAC                   UAS
    | F1  INVITE (SDP)    | <- The offer in the offer/answer model

If I send the modified file through xml2rfc, the contents of the figure
*vanish*, although the caption remains.

Is there some hope of getting this fixed before the overhauled version is
released?

Dale