Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] pandoc2rfc

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 11:36:51 +0200

Hello,

I just saw: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xml2rfc/current/msg03172.html
which I didn't receive per mail, but alas.

Henrik Levkowetz placed this remark:

> I see that one currently need to provide 3 different files in order to '$ make'
> a draft.  If you can bring this along to the point where everything necessary to
> build a draft is included in the one markdown file, I'd love to make this
> available as a web service on the tools servers (with your permission, of
> course).

First up: of course you can make use of this! :) I'm currently working on a
draft and I love it. Markdown is so much easier then plain xml.

As to making one markdown file, that is slightly more difficult. The problem
stems from the fact that Pandoc does not support appendices. So there is no way
to know when to start the <back>...</back> section.

My current draft has a number of Pandoc source files which are stitched together
by using <?rfc include="xxxx.xml"?>. That seems to work satisfactory.

 grtz,

-- 
    Miek