Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: 2.3.11

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 17:46:30 +0100

This announces the release of xml2rfc version 2.3.11, available for download
from:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xml2rfc
   http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc2/cli/

This release fixes all outstanding major bugs, details below.
The issue tracker is at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/.

 * Updated the nroff writer to do backslash escaping on source text, to 
   avoid escaping nroff control characters.  Fixes issue #77.

 * Added a modified xref writer to the nroff output writer, in order to 
   handle xref targets which should not be broken across lines.  This, 
   together with changeset [688], fixes issue #80.

 * Added text to the section test case to trigger the second part of issue 
   #79.  It turns out that the changes in [688] fixed this, too; this closes 
   issue #79.

 * Tweaked the nroff generation to not break on hyphens, in order to avoid 
   hyphenated words ending up with embedded spaces: 'pre-processing' becoming 
   'pre- processing' if 'pre-' occurred at the end of an nroff text line.  
   Also tweaked the line-width used in line-breaking to have matching 
   line-breaks between .txt and .nroff output (with exception for lines ending 
   in hyphens).

 * Tweaked roman number list counter to output roman numbers in a field 5 
   spaces wide, instead of having varied widths.  This is different from 
   version 1, so may have to be reverted, depending on how people react.

 * Added a warning for too long lines in figures and tables.  No 
   outdenting for now; I'd like to consult some about that. Fixes issue #76.

 * Updated tests showing that all list format specifiers mentioned in 
   issue #70 now works.  Closes isssue #70.

 * Changed spanx emphasis back to _this_ instead of -this-, matching the v1 
   behaviour.  Addresses issue #70.

 * Make <vspace/> in a hangindent list reset the indentation to the 
   hang-indent, even if the bullet text is longer than the hang-indent.  
   Addresses issue #70.

 * Refined the page-breaking to not insert an extra page break for artwork
   that won't fit on a page anyway.

 * Refined the page-breaking to avoid breaking artwork and tables across 
   pages, if possible.

 * Fixed a problem with centering of titles and labels.  Fixes issue #73.

 * Changed the leading and trailing whitespace lines of a page to better 
   match legacy output.  Fixed the autobreaking algorithm to correctly avoid 
   orphans and widows; fixes issue #72.  Removed an extra blank line at the 
   top of the page following an early page break to avoid orphan or widow.

 * Tweaked the generation of ToC dot-lines and page numbers to better 
   match legacy xml2rfc.  Fixed a bug in the generation of xref text where 
   trailing whitespace could cause double spaces.  Tweaked the output format 
   to produce the correct number of leading blank lines on the first page of a 
   document.

 * Modified the handling of figure titles, so that given titles will be 
   written also without anchor or figure counting.  Fixes issue #75.

 * Tweaked the html writer to have a buffer interface that provides a 
   self.buf similar to the other writers, for test purposes.

 * Reworked the WriterElementTest suite to test all the output formats, 
   not only paginated text.

 * Added a note about /usr/local/bin permissions.  This closes issue #65.

 * Added files describing possible install methods (INSTALL), and possible 
   build commands (Makefile).

 * The syntax that was used to specify the version of the lxml dependency 
   ('>=') is not supported in python distutil setup.py files, and caused setup 
   to try to find an lxml version greater than =2.2.8, which couldn't succeed. 
   Fixed to say '>2.2.7' instead.  This was probably the cause of always 
   reinstalling lxml even when it was present.

 * Updated README.rst to cover the new --date option, and tweaked it a bit.

 * Added some files to provide an enhanced source distribution package.

 * Updated setup.py with maintainer and licence information.