Subject: [xml2rfc] #147: hangtext with empty body

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:56:57 -0000

#147: hangtext with empty body

 When using a hangtext only containing label, not body part then it is not
 displayed.

 Following XML

 {{{
         <t>This specification registers the following values: <list
             hangIndent="6" style="hanging">
             <t hangText="no-cache:"/>

             <t hangText="public:"/>

             <t hangText="private:"/>

             <t hangText="no-transform:"/>

             <t hangText="only-if-cached:"/>

             <t hangText="max-stale:"/>

             <t hangText="min-fresh:"/>

             <t hangText="must-revalidate:"/>

             <t hangText="proxy-revalidate:"/>

             <t hangText="max-age:"/>
           </list>The registry should be represented as: Name of the
 directive,
         contact person and reference.</t>
 }}}

 V2 Output:

 {{{

    This specification registers the following values:

    The registry should be represented as: Name of the directive, contact
    person and reference.

 }}}

 V1 output:

 {{{

 This specification registers the following values:

    no-cache:

    public:

    private:

    no-transform:

    only-if-cached:

    max-stale:

    min-fresh:

    must-revalidate:

    proxy-revalidate:

    max-age:

    The registry should be represented as: Name of the directive, contact
    person and reference.

 }}}

-- 
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  new
Component:  Version 2 cli txt               |  Milestone:
 Keywords:                                  |    Version:  2.3.10
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/147>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:06:22 -0400

I assume some of the hangtext entries are non-null, otherwise it would 
make more sense to use style="empty".

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:37:15 +0100

> make more sense to use style="empty".

Although this example doesn't show that, I have other actual text in the
document I detected this with: draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-31 update.
These issues are visible when generating with v31 xml available in
datatracker.

/Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------