Subject: [xml2rfc] #149: Reference to list item does not populate with the list item number

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:03:17 -0000

#149: Reference to list item does not populate with the list item number

 Putting an anchor on a <t> item in a list and then referencing that item
 generates the text "[anchor]" with the anchor being the string defined for
 both text and html outputs.  Should generate a tree of list tags and place
 them in that location.  In my case the item referenced was two deep.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  critical                |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli           |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                          |
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/149>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:15:37 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * priority:  critical => medium
 * type:  defect => enhancement
 * component:  Version 2 cli => vocabulary

-- 
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  enhancement             |     Status:  new
  Priority:  medium                  |  Milestone:
 Component:  vocabulary              |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:                          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/149#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 23:15:57 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 As far as I can tell, this is a feature request (not a regression).

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/149#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:26:36 -0700

This is a regression - It works with the TCL version.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of xml2rfc issue tracker
> Sent: Monday, March 18, 2013 4:16 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #149: Reference to list item does not populate with
the
> list item number
> Ticket URL:
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/149#comment:2>
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 09:41:17 +0100

On 2013-03-19 01:26, Jim Schaad wrote:
> ...

Please post an example.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 02:19:10 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * type:  enhancement => defect
 * component:  vocabulary => Version 2 cli

Comment:

 Attached files to show that it did actually work in the TCL version.  It
 was not always great in terms of what it generated, but it was a handy
 feature to have as one re-rewrites the lists.

 Change it back to a regressionl

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/149#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:37:10 -0000

OK, it generates something, but there's no way "Paragraph 3.2" makes sense
 as identifier.

 We shouldn't rush this out but properly defined the expected behavior
 first, then implement.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/149#comment:4>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>