Subject: [xml2rfc] #138: default should be to display one initial

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:30:45 -0000

#138: default should be to display one initial

 In author elements, the initials attribute can hold one or more initials.
 In v1, the output only showed the first initial of any that were in the
 initials attribute. In v2, the output contains any initials that are
 present.

 This means, when relying on the citation library, a reference has multiple
 initials for an author, where previously one initial was used.  (This also
 applies to the author name displayed in the first-page header.)

 Seems the default for v2 should be compatible with what v1 output.

 (In the future, perhaps a new attribute is needed to set it to display
 more than one initial.)

 Example from the citation library:
 http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2475.xml

 v1 output:
 {{{
    [RFC2475]  Blake, S., Black, D., Carlson, M., Davies, E., Wang,
               Z., and W. Weiss, "An Architecture for Differentiated
               Services", RFC 2475, December 1998.
 }}}

 v2 output:
 {{{
    [RFC2475]  Blake, S., Black, D.L., Carlson, M.A., Davies, E., Wang,
               Z., and W. Weiss, "An Architecture for Differentiated
               Services", RFC 2475, December 1998.
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/138>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:22:44 +0100

>                 Services", RFC 2475, December 1998.

Well, the current behavior was sort-of requested by the RSE, as far as I 
can tell: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/10>.

Best regards, Julian