Subject: [xml2rfc] Additional metadata desired

From: Nico Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:31:03 -0500

I would love to have various additional metadata in the XML schema/DTD
for xml2rfc:

 - One or more links to version control (e.g., a link to a git repo
where the author(s) host the I-D source(s)).  E.g., a git: URI and an
https: URI to the same resource, ...

 - A mailto: URI for a list on which to discuss the I-D/RFC, and
possibly https: URIs for mailing list pages for subscription,
archives, ...

 - A URI for a home page / wiki / FAQ / list of implementations, ...

Nico
--

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 09:22:33 +0100

>   - A URI for a home page / wiki / FAQ / list of implementations, ...

Most of these could be done with an <eref/> and a link relation (thus, 
we'd need to add a @rel attribute).

For the mailing list feedback, rfc2629.xslt uses

http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#ext.element.feedback

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Denis Ovsienko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:37:55 +0400

[...]
>  - A URI for a home page / wiki / FAQ / list of implementations, ...

Hello.

You may find it useful that there is an I-D on "Implementation Status" section for I-Ds, regardless of the input format: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sheffer-running-code-02

The document among other things mentions that status of implementation(s) may change quite often and the whole section shouldn't be in the final RFC.

-- 
    Denis Ovsienko