Subject: [xml2rfc] #143: Expansion of Entities in the DOCTYPE element

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:06:08 -0000

#143: Expansion of Entities in the DOCTYPE element

 I don't know that this is legal XML or not, I do however know that it
 worked in the old version and I have found it a useful construct.

 * I create a file which consists of !ENTITY definitions.
 * I then create a !ENTITY definition in my main file that references the
 file
 * I then expand the entity referece within the DOCTYPE element.

 I have never figured out if this is legal XML or not.  I have never seen
 anything that I thought was definitive about it being either legal or
 illegal.  I use this to create a single file which will pull in all of the
 documents that reference a specific set of documents.  For example I do
 this for the list of all S/MIME documents and for all PKIX documents.
 This means that I have dealt with the issue of importing those document
 references into the XML2RFC system and don't have to locate them
 individually.  When and if the reference-alias element shows up, I would
 add this to the defined file with an entity for later expansion.

 If desired I can provide an example for this, but it is fairly simple.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                  |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli           |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                          |
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/143>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>