Subject: [xml2rfc] incorperate rfcmarkup in xml2rfc

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:10:24 +0100

Hello,

I like the html output of rfcmarkup more than the actual html output of xml2rfc.
Would it be an idea to let xml2rfc output such a format too? This way I can
just put a html on my webserver instead of having to configure rfcmarkup.

 Kind Regards,

-- 
    Miek Gieben                                               http://miek.nl

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 13:15:33 -0400

Is this a request for what the xml2rfc command-line/gui produces? Or a 
request for what the web site can produce?

     Tony

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:19:50 +0100

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "Re: [xml2rfc] incorperate rfcmarkup..." ]
> Is this a request for what the xml2rfc command-line/gui produces? Or
> a request for what the web site can produce?

Sorry, the command line/gui.

grtz Miek

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:19:50 +0100

grtz Miek

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:33:09 +0100

> Sorry, the command line/gui.

Why integrate tool A into tool B? If you want rfcmarkup's output, why 
don't you just run it on xml2rfc's output?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:33:09 +0100

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:38:13 +0100

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "Re: [xml2rfc] incorperate rfcmarkup..." ]
> don't you just run it on xml2rfc's output?

I did that, but rfcmarkup is describing itself as
"This program is a cgi-bin script which adds html link markup on ... "

I stopped after "cgi-bin" and did not pursue the possibility of running
a cgi-bin on the command line (as a filter).

Also as the IETF is using this html, so it would be logical that xml2rfc outputs
it too?

 Grtz,

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:38:13 +0100

Grtz,

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:44:02 +0100

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "Re: [xml2rfc] incorperate rfcmarkup..." ]
> a cgi-bin on the command line (as a filter).

Just to follow up here:

./rfcmarkup url=file:///$PWD/draft.txt

seems to do the trick locally and I can live with that.

 Grtz,

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:44:02 +0100

Just to follow up here:

 Grtz,