Subject: [xml2rfc] Possible xml2rfc bug

From: Kerry Lynn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 11:11:16 -0400

Greetings,

I am getting unexpected output from the "new" xml2rfc.  When I use a
reference without an author, it is now preceded with a spurious comma:

   [IEEE.802.11]
              , "Information technology - Telecommunications and
              information exchange between systems - Local and
              metropolitan area networks - Specific requirements - Part
              11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical
              Layer (PHY) Specifications ", IEEE Std 802.11-2012, 2012,
              <http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/
              802.11-2012.pdf>.

I am using the same source format as
http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml2/ does:

      <reference anchor="IEEE.802.11" target="
http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.11-2012.pdf">
        <front>
          <title>
          Information technology - Telecommunications and information
exchange between systems -
          Local and metropolitan area networks - Specific requirements -
          Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical
Layer (PHY) Specifications
          </title>
          <author>
              <organization/>
          </author>
          <date month="" year="2012"/>
        </front>
        <seriesInfo name="IEEE" value="Std 802.11-2012"/>
      </reference>

The author tag is apparently non-optional in the DTD; I have tried
<author/> as
well as the format above.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the leading comma from the reference?  The
old tool does not exhibit this behavior.

Thanks, -K-