Subject: [xml2rfc] #158: Cross-references do not work

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 12:41:39 -0000

#158: Cross-references do not work

 I have cross-references as follows:

 {{{
       <t>A new Certificate Encoding type needs to be allocated from
       the IANA registry. <xref target='iana'/> contains this request
       to IANA.</t>
 }}}

 referencing to the IANA considerations section:

 {{{
   <section title='IANA Considerations' anchor='iana'>
 }}}

 With the old xml2rfc this generated text like this:

 {{{
    o  A new Certificate Encoding type needs to be allocated from the
       IANA registry.  Section 6 contains this request to IANA.
 }}}

 The current version2 generates this text:

 {{{
    o  A new Certificate Encoding type needs to be allocated from the
       IANA registry.  [iana] contains this request to IANA.
 }}}

 I.e the section number is not expanded, but target is used instead.

-- 
----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker         |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli   |    Version:
 Keywords:                  |
----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/158>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 13:47:54 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 This bug seems to be fixed in the version that is on the web page. I got
 the version from the url provided:
 http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/releases/ and that seems to be
 2.2.3. So I assume the problem is that the svn releases directory is not
 up to date.

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/158#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 15:53:57 +0200

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "Re: [xml2rfc] #158: Cross-reference..." ]
>  2.2.3. So I assume the problem is that the svn releases directory is not

Nowadays I look here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/xml2rfc/ for new
releases.

grtz Miek

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 20:49:34 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

Comment:

 Right. I'll arrange for releases to be placed in the releases directory,
 too.

 The initial ticket issue has indeed been fixed already.

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect          |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  blocker         |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli   |    Version:
Resolution:  duplicate       |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/158#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>