Subject: [xml2rfc] xml2rfc-2.4.1 hates me :)

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 01:20:40 +0900

clearly i am simply blind at this hour.  but ...

randy

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 18:55:25 +0200

> clearly i am simply blind at this hour.  but ...

One of the references you include is lacking the <author> tag.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 02:06:49 +0900

> One of the references you include is lacking the <author> tag.

while i thank ghu that it did not throw a python traceback, how did you
know that from

ERROR: Unable to validate the XML document: draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-keys.xml
 draft-ymbk-rpki-rtr-keys.xml: Line 4: Element front content does not follow the DTD, expecting (title , author+ , date , area* , workgroup* , keyword* , abstract? , note*), got (title date abstract )

line 4 was

    <?rfc compact="yes"?>

and if i ran the gui version, that was the line highlighted

anyway, it's draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-07 that has no authors in
the refs file

    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

    <reference anchor='I-D.ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol'>
    <front>
    <title>BGPSEC Protocol Specification</title>

    <date month='February' day='25' year='2013' />

    <abstract><t>This document describes BGPSEC, an extension to the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) that provides security for the path of autonomous systems through which a BGP update message passes.  BGPSEC is implemented via a new optional non-transitive BGP path attribute that carries a digital signature produced by each autonomous system that propagates the update message.</t></abstract>

    </front>

    <seriesInfo name='Internet-Draft' value='draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-07' />
    <format type='TXT'
	    target='http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-07.txt' />
    </reference>

but the document draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-07.txt begins

    Network Working Group                                   M. Lepinski, Ed.
    Internet-Draft                                                       BBN
    Intended status: Standards Track                       February 25, 2013
    Expires: August 25, 2013                                                

another clue bat please

randy

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 19:32:33 +0200

> and if i ran the gui version, that was the line highlighted

I didn't. I ran it through a standalone XML validator, something I 
always recommend.

That being said, the error message is actually good, except that it has 
the wrong filename.

>      Intended status: Standards Track                       February 25, 2013

I have no idea how these files are generated. Apparently, some 
heuristics failed. I always recommend to just download the references 
and fine-tune them in-line.

Best regards, Julian