Subject: [xml2rfc] Problem with Converting Document

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:50:03 -0400

I've been trying to publish a new draft, and I'm running across an error
I really don't understand:

ERROR: Unable to validate the XML document: INPUT
 INPUT: Line 179: Element section content does not follow the DTD,
expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*), got (t t t t
CDATA t t t)

The draft passes through the old tool with no problems, and I don't
understand what this error code is telling me. Any ideas? I've attached
the xml here.

Thanks!

Russ

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:55:23 +0200

> understand what this error code is telling me. Any ideas? I've attached

In line 184, you have a "t" after the closing </t>.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:23:51 -0700

>> expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*), got (t t t t
...
> In line 184, you have a "t" after the closing </t>.

This suggests a possible improvement to error reporting that might not 
be all that difficult to provide:  Display the offending text, along 
with the current analysis of what criterion it does not meet.

Best would be to display it with some of its surrounding context (but 
explicitly distinguishing what string triggered the error.)

d/

d/

-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net