Subject: [xml2rfc] Conversion issues with new xnl2rfc

From: Yaacov Weingarten <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:21:01 +0300

Hi,

I am attaching three files for your consideration.
1. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.xml - This is an XML version of a
draft that I am converting to text format.

2. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06.txt - This is the resulting TXT
file from the older xml2rfc tool.

3. draft-ietf-mpls-tp-ring-protection-06-NEW.txt - This is the resulting
TXT file from the new (beta) version of xml2rfc tool.

I would like to point out the following differences in the output that I
observed:
1. In the author list - I do not have any company affiliation, and while in
the older version tool this resulted in a blank line after my name, in the
newer version this blank line is omitted, giving the impression that I work
for Cisco.  I might note that this anomaly was reported earlier and
according to the mailing list was marked as "solved"!

2. Whereas the old version seems to have a definition to keep figures
together on one page (as can be seen in Figure 6 that is pushed over to the
next page rather than break it across the pages), the new version has a
tendency to break them across page boundaries - as can be seen in Figures 3
& 4.

3. The table that is defined in the XML file at line 1029 is displayed
properly in the old version txt file (starting at line 1068) but the
columns lost their alignment in the new version (starting at line 1012).

4. There are two tables defined in the XML file at lines 959 and 966 that
were designed to give the impression that there are two (centered)
preambles to the data.  This worked fine with the old version (line 1012),
but extra lines are added in the new version (line 957) slightly ruining
the effect.

5. There are two instances where a table is broken across page breaks in
the new version that are not broken in the old version. Although this may
just be an accumulation of the different number of lines per page in the
new version file and not by design.

I would appreciate receiving your feedback, not through the mailing list as
I am not subscribed.

Thanx and BR,
yaacov weingarten

-- 
Thanx and BR,
yaacov

*Still looking for new opportunity*

-- 
Thanx and BR,
yaacov

*Still looking for new opportunity*