Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #118: nroff output does not generate text that matches the text output

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 20:26:25 -0000

#118: nroff output does not generate text that matches the text output

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * priority:  medium => major

-- 
----------------------------------+-------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]      |      Owner:
      Type:  defect               |     Status:  new
  Priority:  major                |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli nroff  |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:                       |   Keywords:
----------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/118#comment:6>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 21:20:34 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 As in the v1 nroff output:

 1) \&

 2) Just .sp 1

 {{{
 (1)  Window Size Limit
 .sp 1
 The TCP header uses a 16 bit field to report the receive window
 size to the sender.  Therefore, the largest window that can be
 used is 2^16 = 64 KiB.
 .sp 1
 To circumvent this problem, Section 2 of this memo defines a TCP
 option, "Window Scale", to allow windows larger than 2^16.  This
 option defines an implicit scale factor, which is used to
 multiply the window size value found in a TCP header to obtain
 the true window size.
 }}}

 Thanks.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/118#comment:7>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>