Subject: [xml2rfc] #160: The 3GPP reference bibxml can't be used

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:14:02 -0000

#160: The 3GPP reference bibxml can't be used

 The 3GPP reference files available at:
 http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml5/ can't be used with version 2.
 However, to my understanding this is a result of the new version actually
 following the XML anchor syntax rules, which doesn't allow initial
 numbers. The old tool was lenient here and didn't care.

 This is a migration issue as I see someone needs to create a new bibxml
 for 3GPP that uses anchors that doesn't start with 3GPP, and in addition
 keep both version alive for quite some time while people transit their
 source files to use the new anchor style.

 I don't see being lenient helps that much, as basic XML tools also see the
 anchors as syntax violation.

-- 
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  new
Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
 Keywords:                                  |    Version:  2.3.10
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/160>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>