Subject: [xml2rfc] #171: within reference's title, should ignore final whitespace

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 22:03:45 -0000

#171: within reference's title, should ignore final whitespace

 For reference's title element, it seems v2 should ignore the whitespace
 (as v1 does), but the output has an extra space.

 {{{
 v1 output (good):
    [RFC2560]  Myers, M., Ankney, R., Malpani, A., Galperin, S., and C.
               Adams, "X.509 Internet Public Key Infrastructure Online
               Certificate Status Protocol - OCSP", RFC 2560, June 1999.

    [RFC3447]  Jonsson, J. and B. Kaliski, "Public-Key Cryptography
               Standards (PKCS) #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications
               Version 2.1", RFC 3447, February 2003.

    [RFC4627]  Crockford, D., "The application/json Media Type for
               JavaScript Object Notation (JSON)", RFC 4627, July 2006

 v2 output (bad. extraneous space in title):
    [RFC2560]  Myers, M., Ankney, R., Malpani, A., Galperin, S., and C.
               Adams, "X.509 Internet Public Key Infrastructure Online
               Certificate Status Protocol - OCSP ", RFC 2560, June 1999.

    [RFC3447]  Jonsson, J. and B. Kaliski, "Public-Key Cryptography
               Standards (PKCS) #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications
               Version 2.1 ", RFC 3447, February 2003.

    [RFC4627]  Crockford, D., "The application/json Media Type for
               JavaScript Object Notation (JSON) ", RFC 4627, July 2006.
 }}}

 XML: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-12.xml
 (needs {{{<!DOCTYPE rfc SYSTEM "rfc2629.dtd">}}} added)

 (Note: you could get the right output by removing a space and CR from the
 XML file, but v1 handled it OK.  Also, this issue could be avoided by
 using the citation library.)

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/171>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>