Subject: [xml2rfc] #170: anchor on t element doesn't work

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 21:24:35 -0000

#170: anchor on t element doesn't work

 v1 let a t element have an anchor attribute. (I haven't seen this used
 often though.) From file:
 http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-12.xml

 {{{
 XML:
 <t anchor="monitor_loop">Fetch...</t>
 ...
 <t>
 Go to Step <xref target="monitor_loop" format='counter'/>.
 </t>

 v1 output (good):
 9. Go to Step 5.

 v2 output (bad):
 9. Go to Step [monitor_loop].
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/170>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:59:09 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 xref format="counter" also doesn't work for figures with anchors. Example
 below is from the attached file. (However, xref format="counter" works
 fine for sections with anchors.)

 XML:
 {{{
   The examples in Figures <xref target="routing-b" format="counter"/> and
   <xref target="routing-c" format="counter"/> show ...
 }}}

 v2 output (bad):
 {{{The examples in Figures and show ... }}}

 v1 output (good):
 {{{The examples in Figures 5 and 6 show ... }}}

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/170#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 08:45:45 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Added a list anchor test in
 http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/testcase.html#rfc.section.5.6
 and added support in rfc2629.xslt.

 Note that v1 doesn't take the list counter format into account (numbers vs
 letters etc).

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/170#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>