Subject: [xml2rfc] #185: ignored PIs

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 14:52:43 -0000

#185: ignored PIs

 "compact" PI has no effect on the text or PDF output (always compact
 whether "yes" or "no" or absent).  Similarly "rfcedstyle" PI has no
 effect. Used online version as Windows version simply hangs (already
 opened ticket).

-- 
------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect            |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor             |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 gui     |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                    |
------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/185>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 15:03:17 -0000

#185: ignored PIs

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Hi Yaakov,

 I have several test cases in the test suite where compact does change the
 generated
 ascii text; however I believe there are at least one ticket about the html
 not being
 quite what is expected.  The PDF output from the online tool is simply a
 post-processing
 conversion of what xml2rfc produces, so it should never show a difference
 compared with
 the direct output, unless the postprocessing is broken.

 Do you have a sample document showing where you would expect compact to
 make a difference,
 but it doesn't?  Could you attach that to this ticket?

 Best regards,

     Henrik

-- 
-------------------------------+-------------------
Resolution:                    |   Keywords:
-------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org:80/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/185#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>