Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #183: <eref> in <annotation> does not work

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 23:15:09 -0000

#183: <eref> in <annotation> does not work

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Curiously, if I understand the original design correctly, it would be
 better to say
   <seriesInfo name="Current version at"
     value='&lt;eref target="http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet"/>'>
 or just
   <seriesInfo name="Current version at"
     eref='target="http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-stylesheet"'>
 or some such thing, but they introduce even more complicated issues.

 However, it would be good to think about this and get right, rather than
 just trying to patch.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/183#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 06:59:08 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 How would that be "better" for any value of "better"? It's am abuse of an
 element that has a completely different purpose.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/183#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>