Subject: [xml2rfc] #199: add warning about bad texttable output

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:58:33 -0000

#199: add warning about bad texttable output

 Sometimes the texttable element yields bad text output (when line breaks
 have been automatically inserted). v1 gives a warning when this occurs, as
 follows:

 xml2rfc: warning: so many <ttcol>s in <texttable> that some words need to
 be split around input line 1032

 v2 is silent, but it should give a warning so the user can change the
 table if needed.

 Example from Section 8 of the attached file. See how 394, 396, etc.,
 appear.
 {{{
    | 393 | flowSelectedFlowDeltaCount | 39 | selectorIDTotalFlowsObser |
    |     |                            | 4  | ved                       |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 395 | selectorIDTotalFlowsSelect | 39 | samplingFlowInterval      |
    |     | ed                         | 6  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 397 | samplingFlowSpacing        | 30 | samplingSize              |
    |     |                            | 9  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 310 | samplingPopulation         | 31 | samplingProbability       |
    |     |                            | 1  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 398 | flowSamplingTimeInterval   | 39 | flowSamplingTimeSpacing   |
    |     |                            | 9  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 326 | digestHashValue            | 40 | hashFlowDomain            |
    |     |                            | 0  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 329 | hashOutputRangeMin         | 33 | hashOutputRangeMax        |
    |     |                            | 0  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 331 | hashSelectedRangeMin       | 33 | hashSelectedRangeMax      |
    |     |                            | 2  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 333 | hashDigestOutput           | 33 | hashInitialiserValue      |
    |     |                            | 4  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 320 | absoluteError              | 32 | relativeError             |
    |     |                            | 1  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 336 | upperCILimit               | 33 | lowerCILimit              |
    |     |                            | 7  |                           |
    |     |                            |    |                           |
    | 338 | confidenceLevel            |    |                           |
    +-----+----------------------------+----+---------------------------+
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor            |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/199>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>