Subject: [xml2rfc] Failure, probably when processing a "list"

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:58:06 -0400

I am attempting to build an Internet Draft from an xml file, using the
current web-based processor at xml.resource.org.

After resolving all of the citations, I get the error messages shown
below.  A copy of the input file is available if needed.

  Bill

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WARNING: No DTD given, defaulting to
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 224, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 209, in main
    pagedwriter.write(filename)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
line 1088, in write
    self.post_rendering()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/paginated_txt.py",
line 286, in post_rendering
    self.emit([''] * remainder)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/paginated_txt.py",
line 164, in emit
    if self.page_length == 1 and text.strip() == '':
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'strip'
-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8