Subject: [xml2rfc] #201: bug with cref element and PI inline=yes

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 22:07:44 -0000

#201: bug with cref element and PI inline=yes

 There are a couple issues when cref elements are used and comments="yes".

 XML example:
 {{{<cref anchor="Q1" source="JD">This point needs revision.</cref>}}}

 Using v1:

 The PI <?rfc inline="yes" ?> controls whether the comments are displayed
 inline or at the end of the document.

 Output when <?rfc inline="yes" ?>:
 {{{[[Q1: This point needs revision. --JD]]}}}

 Output when <?rfc inline="no" ?> in text:
 {{{[Q1]}}}

 and at the end of the document:
 {{{
 Editorial Comments

  [Q1]  JD: This point needs revision.
 }}}

 ---------
 Using v2, the output is mangled:
 {{{[[: Q1This point needs revision.]]}}}

   * In v2, inline="yes" vs. "no" does not have any effect. Either way the
 comment appears inline. See attached file.
   * In v1, if you there's no anchor attribute, it automatically numbers
 them as [anchor1], [anchor2], etc. However, in v2, if you remove the
 anchor attribute, there is no numbering. (Seems related to inline="no" not
 working.)

 Side notes about the DTD (suggestions for a more flexible vocabulary to
 enable commenting on a figure):
   * allow cref inside figure/artwork (v1 gives warning; v2 gives error)
   * allow figure/artwork to contain cref (v1 gives warning; v2 gives
 error)

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/201>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>