Subject: [xml2rfc] Missing citation

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:13:35 -0400

I am attempting to cite draft-ishikawa-igmp-auth-01.txt in an xml document.

While the above draft exists, at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ishikawa-igmp-auth-01, the external
reference:

<!ENTITY I-D.ishikawa-igmp-auth SYSTEM
"http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ishikawa-igmp-auth.xml">

Yields the following error in XMLSpy:

Unable to load external entity 'I-D.ishikawa-igmp-auth'>def via
'http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ishikawa-igmp-auth.xml'.
 'HTTP error: could not GET file
'public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ishikawa-igmp-auth.xml' on server
'xml.resource.org' (404)

Does anyone have any idea to whom I can turn to resolve this?

  Bill

-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:17:22 +0200

Hi Bill,

Grep'ing briefly through the old TCL code which generates the reference files,
I see that it seems to be using http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt;
once a draft falls out of that because it expires, no updates will presumably
be done unless they are done manually.  The document you reference is from
1998, and I guess it was missed when Marshall backfilled the reference library
when he first created the tool and reference files.

If anybody would provide a hand-crafted xml reference file for this draft, and
send it to Alice and me, I'll put it in place, and things should work better.

Best regards,

	Henrik