Subject: [xml2rfc] keeping figures on a single page

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:25:59 -0400

Is there a way to keep an (ascii) figure from breaking across pages
in the .txt output?  It seems that this should be the default.

I am using 2.4.2.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 18:28:09 +0200

Hi Michael,

> in the .txt output?  It seems that this should be the default.

This is controlled by a processing instruction <?rfc autobreaks="yes"?>
which by default is on.  If so, it will try to keep figures and tables
from breaking across pages.  It may not do a perfect job of it, and if
you have an example which isn't handled correctly, it would be good to
see it.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:44:04 -0400

> you have an example which isn't handled correctly, it would be good to

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-roll-security-threats/
figure 1, page 5/6.

I have no autobreaks setting in my xml file.
I added:
  <?rfc autobreaks="yes"?>

to my file, and re-ran, diff is identical (except for today's date).

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:51:05 -0400

Another example:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atwood-mboned-mrac-req

Pages 6, 7.  The xml is also posted to the repository, or I can send it
to whomever wants it.  The <?rfc line is

<?rfc toc="yes" simrefs="yes" compact="yes" subcompact="no" ?>

  Bill

-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8