Subject: [xml2rfc] xml2rfc-2.4.2 bug: invalid HTML code generation for non-breakable spaces in the title text

From: Thomas Dreibholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:13:16 +0200

Hi,

here is another xml2rfc-2.4.2 bug in the HTML generation:

Example code:
<title abbrev="RSerPool for VNFPOOL">The Applicability of Reliable Server 
Pooling&nbsp;(RSerPool) for Virtual Network Function Resource Pooling&nbsp;
(VNFPOOL)</title>

This is the HTML output:
<p class="title">The Applicability of Reliable Server PoolingÂ&nbsp;(RSerPool) 
for Virtual Network Function Resource PoolingÂ&nbsp;(VNFPOOL)<br>
  <span class="filename">draft-dreibholz-vnfpool-rserpool-
applic-00.txt</span></p>

That is, instead of just using "&nbsp;", also an "Â"-letter is inserted 
before. In the plain text output, everything is okay.

-- 
Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Med vennlig hilsen

=======================================================================
 Thomas Dreibholz

 Simula Research Laboratory
 Simula Innovation AS, Network Systems Group
 Visiting address: Martin Linges vei 17, 1364 Fornebu, Norway
 Mailing address:  P.O.Box 134, 1325 Lysaker, Norway
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 E-Mail:     [email-masked]
 Homepage:   http://simula.no/people/dreibh
=======================================================================