Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #160: The 3GPP reference bibxml can't be used

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 13:28:37 -0000

#160: The 3GPP reference bibxml can't be used

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Just a confirmation of what Magnus reported -- v2 does not allow an anchor
 that starts with a numeral. Not only will 3GPP references from the
 citation library give the error "Syntax of value for attribute anchor of
 reference is not valid", but also any other anchor that begins with a
 numeral. For example, generating references such as the following would
 not be possible using v2. (They are from RFC 6144 and RFC 6782,
 respectively).

 {{{
    [6NET]     6NET Consortium, "6NET", <http://www.6net.org/>.

    [464XLAT]  Mawatari, M., Kawashima, M., and C. Byrne, "464XLAT:
               Combination of Stateful and Stateless Translation", Work
               in Progress, September 2012.
 }}}

-- 
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
  Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  new
 Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
Resolution:                                  |    Version:  2.3.10
                                             |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/160#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 18:37:09 +0200

>   that starts with a numeral. Not only will 3GPP references from the

*XML* doesn't allow it.

xml2rfc v1 was broken in tht it tolerated invalid input.

Best regards, Julian