Subject: [xml2rfc] #210: Sorting of referenes does not work properly with symrefs="no"

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 21:37:00 -0000

#210: Sorting of referenes does not work properly with symrefs="no"

 while using xml2rfc-2.4.2, I have discovered the following bug:

 The following options are set:
 <?rfc symrefs="no" ?>
 <?rfc sortrefs="yes" ?>

 The document uses 11 Normative Reference entries. They should be numbered
 1, 2, 3, ... and -- of  course -- be in the same order in the
 bibliography. However, the order in the bibliography is 1, 10, 11, 2, 3,
 ... . It seems that the sorting uses ASCII characters instead of correctly
 using the numbers.

 Removing "<?rfc sortrefs="yes" ?>" finally leads to the expected result.
 But rfc_sortrefs should only have an effect if symrefs="yes" (according to
 http://xml.resource.org/xml2rfcFAQ.html#anchor14).

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/210>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:59:06 -0000

#210: Sorting of references does not work properly with symrefs="no"

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/210#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>