Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #160: The 3GPP reference bibxml can't be used

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 21:27:39 -0000

#160: The 3GPP reference bibxml can't be used

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] => [email-masked]
 * status:  new => assigned

-- 
---------------------------------------------+--------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                          |     Status:  assigned
  Priority:  medium                          |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli                   |    Version:  2.3.10
Resolution:                                  |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------------+--------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/160#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 01:04:31 -0000

* status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 I modified the bibxml generation tools to create bibxml5 reference files
 using the name SDO-3GPP.xyz as the anchor name. I left the existing 3GPP
 files alone.

 This should not have been allowed in the past. However, if we add aliases
 to xml2rfc, we might consider allowing something other than an XML ID to
 be used in *some* fashion. (I don't know if that is possible.)

-- 
---------------------------------------------+--------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                          |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                          |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli                   |    Version:  2.3.10
Resolution:  fixed                           |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------------+--------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/160#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:44:16 +0100

>   be used in *some* fashion. (I don't know if that is possible.)

If the only thing we need to "fix" is the ability ti start the anchor 
with a name character that is not a name-start character (see 
<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-Name>), then we may want to consider 
to consider a leading "_" to be an escape character, so that the anchor 
would be "_3PGG...", but what's displayed would be "3PGG...".

(This wouldn't solve the aliasing issue, though)

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 21:44:16 +0100

Best regards, Julian