Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #187: Crash as detailed below

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 21:13:10 -0000

#187: Crash as detailed below

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  Elwyn Davies => [email-masked]

Comment:

 Problem located.  I have a fix for the main problem and and now tracking
 down other issues.

 If the emission ended having just emitted a footer/header pair but no
 lines of text, then it sent in a large array of blank lines which then
 blows up.  I have a fix for this, but still need to keep it from
 generating that last empty page.

-- 
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
  Priority:  major                  |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:  crash output
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/187#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 23:31:24 -0000

* status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in version 938

 The problem appears to only occur if the final page is going to be blank,
 in this case a long list of empty strings is pushed out.  There may be
 other cases where arrays of strings were pushed out and the fix deals with
 that case as well.

 There may be an issue for nroff files where an extra .bp will be emitted
 at the end of the file and not removed.  It did not occur for this test
 file so I did not put in code to force it to be removed.

-- 
------------------------------------+------------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  major                  |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed                  |   Keywords:  crash output
------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/187#comment:4>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>