Subject: [xml2rfc] #207: Attribute error when converting xml to txt

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:08:33 -0000

#207: Attribute error when converting xml to txt

 I submitted an xml file to xml.resource.org, which resulted in the
 following error messages (last few lines):

 Resolving entity...
 http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.4302.xml
 Loaded from cache reference.RFC.4302.xml

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 224, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 209, in main
     pagedwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1088, in write
     self.post_rendering()
   File
 "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/paginated_txt.py",
 line 286, in post_rendering
     self.emit([''] * remainder)
   File
 "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/paginated_txt.py",
 line 164, in emit
     if self.page_length == 1 and text.strip() == '':
 AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'strip'

 The input file works perfectly when submitted to the old (tcl-based) web
 interface.

-- 
-----------------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                       |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 gui                |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                               |
-----------------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/207>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 09:13:44 +0000

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "[xml2rfc]  #207: Attribute error wh..." ]
> #207: Attribute error when converting xml to txt

See http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/190#comment:3

which may fix your current problem. For a proper fix you'll to wait for
the next xml2rfc release.

Grtz,

-- 
   Miek Gieben
   PGP 3880D0F6

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:44:23 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

Comment:

 Dup of issue #187

-- 
------------------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect                       |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                       |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 gui                |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  duplicate                    |   Keywords:
------------------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/207#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>