Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: 2.4.4

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 01:04:06 +0100

This announces the release of xml2rfc version 2.4.4, available for download
from:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xml2rfc
   http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc2/cli/

This release is almost exclusively a result of bugfix work done by Jim Schaad.
A large number of bugs has been fixed, bringing the output from this version
much closer in line with that of xml2rfc v1.

For full details on all tickets, there's always the issue tracker:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/report/.  An extract
from the changelog is available below.

Best regards,

	Henrik

--------

  Release notes: 

  This is a bugfix release, with code fixes almost entirely from Jim Schaad.

  From Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>:

  * Annotations now output more than just the first text field.  It now
    expands all of the child elements as part of the output. Fixes issue #183.

  * If the authors string is zero length, then we do not emit the comma
    separating the authors and the title. Fixes issue #137.

  * Each street line is now tagged as class vcardline so it is emitted on a
    separate line. Fixes issue #153.

  * Fixed a problem with unreferenced references warnings being emitted twice
    if there were two references sections.

  * Fixed some list indentation problems.  We now default to an indent of 3
    for hanging lists which is the same thing that v1 did.  We also use a
    value based on the bullet for format lists rather than using the 3 of a
    default hang indent - this also now matches v1 behavior.

  * Use width of bullet not default to 3*level+3

  * Fixed issue #147 - a hangingText without any text in the body now emits
    the hangingText. Fixes issue #117.

  * Set of fixes that deal with xref in documents.

  * Set of fixes that deal with references.

  * We now use the anchor rather than the generated bullet as the id of the
    reference element. Fixes issue #209.

  * The html did not have the same check for symrefs when sorting references
    that the text version did.  Copy it over so they both only sort if symrefs
    is yes. Fixes issue #210.

  *  And #170- anchors on t elements in a section were referencable, but no
    those in lists.  They are now referencable. Fixes issue #149.

  * We now generate a warning when we get a target in an xref that we have not
    created an indexable reference for.  This basically gives us an internal
    error check.

  * We now generate a warning when a reference is created that is not targeted
    by an xref in the document.

  * Fixed the centering algorithm so that the nroff and txt output files are
    more consistent.

  * Left shift artwork that is greater than 69 characters wide and steal space
    from the left margin. Fixes issue #129.

  *  & 194 which deal with how figures are layout

  * Fixed issue #132 - if the artwork has an alignment - then it overrides the
    figure's version for the purpose of the artwork itself. Fixes issue #151.

  * Suppres-title kills the title decoration (i.e. Figure 1:) which matches v1
    behavior. Fixes issue #213.

  * Convert all non-ASCII characters to entities when building the HTML body.
    We now are correct when we advertise it as being a us-ascii file.

  * Mixed two fixes back to the real source tree.

  * Rewrite of the basic low level code to use unicode strings in many places
    rather than convert the unicode characters into xml entity codes and try
    to use them.  Doing so cleans up much of the line wrapping problems.

  * URLs, when tagged to be not wrapped, now use different Unicode markers on
    the slashes and hyphens so that they will preferentially break on slashes
    rather than hyphens when a URL is too long to fit into a single line of
    text.

  * Tracker issues addressed: #192, #167, #168, #193, #200, #122, #139

  * Increase the amount of text in the INSTALL document to deal with more
    information on how to install for windows. Fixes issue #184.

  * Don't emit the references section and TOC entry if there are no references
    to be emitted. Fixes issue #205.

  * Centering code did not take into account the .in X nroff command.  Always
    use .in 0 for emission of raw text. Fixes issue #203.

  * The TCL code for deciding on table column widths has been moved into the
    new code. Fixes issue #173.

  * We now look for and do expansions for header cells just like normal
    cells. Fixes issue #131.

  * We now remove all entity references when doing an xml output

  * Fixed issue #146 - The code now allows for the assumption that the file
    name given is what it really is and then tries with the .xml appended if
    it is not found. Fixes issue #154.

  * Lots of errors added to tell about bad table layouts

  * allow make to run without pyflakes. Fixes issue #199.

  From Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>:

  * Modified the code that saves page-break hints when building the
    unpaginated text so that it doesn't overwrite existing hints used for
    artwork and tables (which should not be broken across pages if at all
    possible) with hints that indicate regular text paragraphs (which may be
    broken except if that creates a widow or orphan).  Fixes issue #179 by
    making the code do for artwork and tables what needLines used to do,
    without needing the manual needLines hint.

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 06:45:46 +0000

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "[xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: 2.4...." ]
> from the changelog is available below.

deb packages are available (when generated) from:

http://pandoc2rfc.implementers.org/ (debian unstable)
https://launchpad.net/~miek/+archive/pandoc2rfc (ubuntu saucy)

Grtz Miek

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:06:33 +0100

> https://launchpad.net/~miek/+archive/pandoc2rfc (ubuntu saucy)

Great; Thanks, Miek!

Best regards,

	Henrik