Subject: [xml2rfc] #217: broken text when texttable contains an xref

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:09:12 -0000

#217: broken text when texttable contains an xref

 Using 2.4.4, the xref-created "Section" is broken within a cell of a
 texttable. (Using 2.4.3, it was OK - although I don't have 2.4.3 installed
 anymore to confirm that.)

 XML file: http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vandesompel-memento-11.xml

 2.4.4 txt output:

 {{{
 +------------------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
   | Response Header  |    Pattern     | Original | TimeGate | Memento |
   |                  |                | Resource |          |         |
   +------------------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
   |  Vary: accept-   | Pattern 1.1 (S |    1     |    1     |    0    |
   |     datetime     | ection 4.1.1)  |          |          |         |
   |                  | ; Pattern 1.2  |          |          |         |
   |                  | (Section 4.1.2 |          |          |         |
   |                  |       )        |          |          |         |
   |                  | Pattern 1.3 (S |    1     |    1     |    1    |
   |                  | ection 4.1.3)  |          |          |         |
 }}}

 Even if some of the extraneous space in the XML file (before the ";") is
 removed, then 'Section' is broken:

 {{{
 +------------------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
  | Response Header  |    Pattern     | Original | TimeGate | Memento |
  |                  |                | Resource |          |         |
  +------------------+----------------+----------+----------+---------+
  |  Vary: accept-   | Pattern 1.1 (S |    1     |    1     |    0    |
  |     datetime     | ection 4.1.1); |          |          |         |
  |                  | Pattern 1.2 (S |          |          |         |
  |                  | ection 4.1.2)  |          |          |         |
  |                  |                |          |          |         |
  |                  | Pattern 1.3 (S |    1     |    1     |    1    |
  |                  | ection 4.1.3)  |          |          |         |
 ...
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/217>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 03:42:19 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 fixed in 1101.

 There were problems where we were using unicode whitespace rather than
 ascii whitespace as separators for words.  All of the .split functions
 that this mattered have been fixed.  There may be other functions where
 whitespace is treated differently for unicode and ascii but we will have
 to find them as we go along.

 Not sure that the output is better, but it now keeps the section number as
 an atomic string when doing first pass at figuring out the size of the
 columns in a table.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect           |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed            |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/217#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>