Subject: [xml2rfc] #226: xref generation failure for text output

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:09:10 -0000

#226: xref generation failure for text output

 With the attached input and when generating plain text, the transformation
 aborts with:

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 225, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 210, in main
     pagedwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1156, in write
     self._build_document()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1087, in _build_document
     self.write_section_rec(middle, None)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 841, in write_section_rec
     level=level + 1, appendix=appendix)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 841, in write_section_rec
     level=level + 1, appendix=appendix)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 816, in write_section_rec
     self.write_t_rec(element, autoAnchor=autoAnchor)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/writers/raw_txt.py", line 579, in write_t_rec
     inline_text, remainder = self._combine_inline_elements(remainder)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/writers/raw_txt.py", line 406, in
 _combine_inline_elements
     line.append(self._expand_xref(element))
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/writers/raw_txt.py", line 348, in _expand_xref
     return xref.text.rstrip()
 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'rstrip'

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli txt      |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/226>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>