Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: 2.4.5

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:42:35 +0100

This announces the release of xml2rfc version 2.4.5, available for download
from:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xml2rfc
   http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc2/cli/

This release is almost exclusively a result of bugfix work done by Jim Schaad.
The focus of this release has been to refine the page-breaking code, and make
the .nroff output, after processing through nroff, match the .txt output.

For full details on all tickets, there's always the issue tracker:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/report/.  An extract
from the changelog is available below.

Best regards,

	Henrik

--------

  Release notes: 

  Another bugfix release, with a majority of the contributions from Jim Schaad.

  * If there is not an RFC number then XXXX is used for the RFC number for to
    internal:/rfc.number - matches v1 behavior.  Fixes issue #114.

  * We now do a better (but not perfect) job of mking sure that section
    headings are not orphaned.  If you have two section headings in a row then
    the first may still be orphaned.  Fixes issue #166.

  * All known page breaking issues have been fixed.  Closes issue #172.

  * Fixed a number of places where the code has to be made to work with both
    Python 2.7 unicode and string whitespace, and Python 3.3. whitespace
    strings, which are always unicode.  Fixes issue #217.

  * Don't count formatting lines (which we can now tell) when computing 
    break hints.

  * Catch any syntax errors raised while we're looking for an RFC number 
    attribute on <rfc/>, so that we'll show all syntax errors found (during the 
    next parse) instead of just one and one.

  * Added tests which generate .txt from .nroff and compares that to the 
    xml2rfc-generated .txt (with some tweaks to handle different number of 
    starting blanklines.  Also corrected the number of initial blank lines 
    output for RFCs in the raw text writer.

  * Not all files on Windows systems have a common root.  This means that one
    cannot always get a relative path between to absolute path file names.
    Catch the error that occurs in these circumstances and just use the
    absolute path name.

  * Nested "format" style lists now include the level in the auto-generated
    counter value.  Fixes issue #218.

  * EREFs are now put into the references section for text based output.
    Fixes issue #133.

  * cref elements are not dealt with when inline is either yes or no for text
    files.  They are also now populated for html files as well.  Fixes issue
    #201.

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 22:06:16 +0000

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "[xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: 2.4...." ]
> the .nroff output, after processing through nroff, match the .txt output.

ubuntu deb: https://launchpad.net/~miek/+archive/pandoc2rfc (still processing)
debian deb: http://pandoc2rfc.implementers.org/unstable/all/

Grtz Miek