Subject: [xml2rfc] #227: failure for reference missing anchor attribute

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:14:38 -0000

#227: failure for reference missing anchor attribute

 The processor fails for an unused non-anchored reference when using
 symrefs=false.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                  |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/227>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 11:41:42 -0000

Description changed by [email-masked]:

> The processor fails for an unused non-anchored reference when using

New description:

 symrefs=false:

 WARNING: No DTD given, defaulting to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 225, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 210, in main
     pagedwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1150, in write
     self._build_index()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 999, in _build_index
     self._indexRef(ref_counter, title=title, anchor=ref.attrib["anchor"])
   File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 2275, in lxml.etree._Attrib.__getitem__
 (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:54623)
 KeyError: 'anchor'

--

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/227#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>