Subject: [xml2rfc] #221: XmlRfcParser instance has no attribute 'rfc_number' followed by "file is not there"

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 23:08:40 -0000

#221: XmlRfcParser instance has no attribute 'rfc_number' followed by "file is
not there"

 An attempt to compile the attached file with the current online version
 yields no output, the error message "file is not there" and a traceback of

 File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 225, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 139, in main
     xmlrfc = parser.parse()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.4.5-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/parser.py", line 433, in parse
     rfc_number = self.rfc_number,
 AttributeError: XmlRfcParser instance has no attribute 'rfc_number'

 I identified this as "medium" priority because a quick scan with Bill's
 validator turned up the fact that a major chunk of source (including the
 end of the front element and beginning of the middle one) got lost in
 editing, but I still don't think XML2RFC should get quite this confused.

-- 
-------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli      |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                     |
-------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/221>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 21:57:21 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 This was fixed in 2.4.5

-- 
--------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect             |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli      |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed              |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/221#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>