Subject: [xml2rfc] #228: Outdated draft Reference Sources

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:24:54 -0000

#228: Outdated draft  Reference Sources

 This is in relation to the xml.resource.org service.

 When producing a text version from a draft that uses
 <?rfc include='reference.I-D.ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis'?>
 <?rfc include='reference.I-D.ietf-mmusic-rtsp-nat-evaluation'?>

 It appear that the draft source file it uses are several weeks at least
 old. Both of these drafts has been updated in the january time-frame.

-- 
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  new
Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
 Keywords:                                  |    Version:  2.4.x
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/228>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:01:23 +0100

>  old. Both of these drafts has been updated in the january time-frame.

Chasing this down, I discovered that we're in danger of serious breakage
because of bitrot.  Running the Tcl script which is supposed to update the
bibxml directories on the machine which has recently taken over as
bibxml repository server, I got this error:

henrik@grenache $ /www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/rfcs/rfcmixer.sh 
couldn't load file "/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/rfcs/scripts/TclExpat-1.1/libtclexpat.so": /www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/rfcs/scripts/TclExpat-1.1/libtclexpat.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
 --- xml2rfc indexer.log --- 
couldn't load file "/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/rfcs/scripts/TclExpat-1.1/libtclexpat.so": /www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/rfcs/scripts/TclExpat-1.1/libtclexpat.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Trying to re-build the .so file based on the instructions coming with the
source (from ca. year 2000) doesn't work; it depends on another files which
are assumed to be in standard locations (/usr/local/tcl/lib/tclConfig.sh)
but doesn't exist anywhere on my systems, and is unknown to debian.

The easiest way forward is probably to start generating these files with
more modern code -- the old inherited Tcl code is running out of steam.

	Henrik

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:42:19 +0000

Hi, Henrik.

If you install the tclx.y-dev package on Ubuntu/Debian this file will
appear apparently.

I have tcl8.5-dev installed on a machine here and the file lives
in /usr/lib/tcl8.5 - indeed it is the only file there!  
Copy attached.  It just defines a load of env variables.

/E

On Thu, 2014-01-30 at 16:01 +0100, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 22:34:54 +0100

Hi Elwyn,

> Copy attached.  It just defines a load of env variables.

Thanks.  Got it installed, but the build instructions for TclExpat
still gives me grief.  Will poke some more at it tomorrow.

Best regards,

	Henrik