Subject: [xml2rfc] RFC Editor support for xml citations

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:06:12 -0800

I hadn't realized that the RFC Editor now supports a copy of the bibxml 
library, and has even integrated it into it's presentation of summary 
pages for individual RFCs:

    http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc733

    http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.0733.xml

Unfortunately the datatracker does not:

    http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc733/

It ought to.

More generally, this highlights the divergence problem that always 
happens with parallel maintenance and parallel tools.

d/
-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:19:20 -0500

On 2/12/14, 10:06 AM, Dave Crocker wrote:
> I hadn't realized that the RFC Editor now supports a copy of the 
> bibxml library, and has even integrated it into it's presentation of 
> summary pages for individual RFCs:
>

I see where the RFC Editor has integrated a pointer to the bibxml 
repository from http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc###. But I'm not 
following what you're saying about the RFC Editor supporting a copy of 
the bibxml library. xml.resource.org is where it's always been and where 
it still lives.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:47:50 -0800

> the bibxml library. xml.resource.org is where it's always been and where

Yeah.  Bad phrasing, sorry.  I Meant what you said.

d/