Subject: [xml2rfc] #232: in the header, wrap the list of obs. or upd. RFC numbers

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 18:48:55 -0000

#232: in the header, wrap the list of obs. or upd. RFC numbers

 In the header, when the updates or obsoletes attribute holds a long list
 of RFC numbers, the line runs into the text on the right side and is
 truncated with a warning. Multiple lines should be created; the string
 should be wrapped, and it should be indented under the first number as
 shown below.

 Sample file gives
 "WARNING: The inline string was truncated because it was too long:
   Updates: 3720, 3723, 3821, 3822, 4018, 4172, 4173, 4174, 5040, 5041,
 5042, 5043, 5044, 5045, 5046, 5047, 5048"

 {{{
 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)                          D. Black
 Request for Comments: XXXX                                           EMC
 Updates: 3720, 3723, 3821, 3822, 4018, 4172, 4173, 4174, 5040, P. Koning
 Category: Standards Track                                           Dell
 ISSN: 2070-1721                                            February 2014
 }}}

 should be

 {{{
 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)                          D. Black
 Request for Comments: XXXX                                           EMC
 Updates: 3720, 3723, 3821, 3822, 4018,                         P. Koning
          4172, 4173, 4174, 5040, 5041,                              Dell
          5042, 5043, 5044, 5045, 5046,                     February 2014
          5047, 5048
 Category: Standards Track
 ISSN: 2070-1721
 }}}

 The v1 output wrapped the line, but didn't have the desired indentation:

 {{{
 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)                          D. Black
 Request for Comments: XXXX                                           EMC
 Updates: 3720, 3723, 3821, 3822, 4018,                         P. Koning
 4172, 4173, 4174, 5040, 5041,                                       Dell
 5042, 5043, 5044, 5045, 5046, 5047,                        February 2014
 5048
 Category: Standards Track
 ISSN: 2070-1721
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/232>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>