Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] [rfc-i] XML2RFC ticket #227 - failure for reference missing anchor attribute

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 15:03:34 -0800

Unless I hear any objections, the anchor is going to become a required
attribute in the dtd at the end of the week.

Jim

From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim Schaad
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 8:39 AM
To: RFC Interest
Subject: [rfc-i] XML2RFC ticket #227 - failure for reference missing anchor
attribute

I find this to be a weird bug for xml2rfc.  Is there any reason why the
anchor attribute should not be a required element in the DTD?  If you don't
have an anchor then you cannot refer to the reference from the body of the
text.  This would tend to indicate to me that the reference would not be
needed in any event.

Jim

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 08:32:32 +0100

> attribute in the dtd at the end of the week.

I agree that the processor should behave this way, and if changing the 
DTD is how you get there: +1.

That being said: are we also ok with making this change in the v2 spec? 
I personally think it's a good idea.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:41:10 +0100

> I personally think it's a good idea.

Done in <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/changeset/1240>.

Best regards, Julian