Subject: [xml2rfc] Author names in RFC references

From: Joachim Fabini <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:44:27 +0100

Dear group,

a question concerning the reference section, in particular the display 
of author names of publications referenced by RFCs:
xml2rfc uses two distinct variants for displaying a) the name of the 
_last_ co-author in the author's list and b) all other author names.
The last co-author in a publication's author list is shown as "F. 
Lastname" whereas all others are shown as "Lastname, F.". Is this 
inconsistent naming really by design (suppose it is, as it has been used 
already in early RFCs)?
Could someone please detail on the rationale behind?

tia,
regards
Joachim

---

From: Denis Ovsienko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 13:42:45 +0400

> _last_ co-author in the author's list and b) all other author names.

Greetings.

In this case xml2rfc seems to implement this spec (regardless of its genesis): http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-flanagan-style-03#section-4.8.5.2

-- 
    Denis Ovsienko