Subject: [xml2rfc] #245 (Version 2 cli): xml2rfc crashes when trying to build my toc

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 00:00:00 -0000

#245: xml2rfc crashes when trying to build my toc

 after a series of messages that look sensible, I get the following from
 python ...

 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 225, in <module>
     main()
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 210, in main
     pagedwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1158, in write
     self.post_rendering()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/writers/paginated_txt.py", line 252, in post_rendering
     preliminary_toc = self.write_toc(paging=True)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/writers/raw_txt.py", line 288, in write_toc
     lines = textwrap.wrap(bullet + item.title,
 TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

-- 
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                     |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli              |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                             |
---------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/245>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 06:28:55 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 You have

   <section toc="default">

 is that intentional?

-- 
----------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                             |   Keywords:
----------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/245#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>