Subject: [xml2rfc] mac install of xml2rfcv2

From: "Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 16:20:36 -0700

Hello all,

I'm doing interesting things with XML files containing non-ASCII
characters, and I'm hoping to figure out how a local install will handle
things.  I have run my xml file through the xml.resource.org service and
succeeded in getting a 100%ASCII file back (which is what I expected),
but now I'm hoping to find out if there are configuration options
available on a local install that aren't available on the web site that
would allow xml2rfc to leave the character encoding alone and properly
include the non-ASCII characters without too much pain and heartbreak.

Sure, I could just _ask_ if such an option is available, but this is so
much more ... character building!  (All puns thoroughly intended,
because it has been a very long week.)

So, my actual question is - given the age of the following, is it still
worth installing?
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc2/gui/mac/

Thanks,
Heather

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 23:33:29 -0400

> http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc2/gui/mac/

There is no such option in the current source code. However, adding such 
an option should not be difficult (for prototyping purposes only, of 
course :-) ).

     Tony Hansen