Subject: [xml2rfc] #248 (Version 2 cli): improve this error message

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 22:02:21 -0000

#248: improve this error message

 the attached file gives this error message:

  INPUT: Line 342: Element section content does not follow the DTD,
 expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*), got (t section
 section t)

 The problem is on line 466, where a <t> block was found. The error message
 is accurate, because the <section> starts at line 342. However, it sure
 would be better if it continued on and indicates the line where the
 grammar error was noted, as in.

 INPUT: Line 342: Element section content does not follow the DTD,
 expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*), got (t section
 section t). Problem noted on Line 466:

-- 
---------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium         |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/248>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>