Subject: [xml2rfc] Can you fix this file?

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 12:03:35 -0500

Hi,

I keep getting

INPUT: Line 342: Element section content does not follow the DTD,
expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)*

when I use xml2rfc on this file.

I can only compile it with old xml in fast mode.

I could not find out what is wrong in my file.

Please help.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:58:48 -0400

On 4/17/14, 1:03 PM, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep getting
> INPUT: Line 342: Element section content does not follow the DTD, expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)*

Behcet, you didn't provide the full error message. It continues on saying

  INPUT: Line 342: Element section content does not follow the DTD, 
expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*), got (t section 
section t)

That is, your <section> starting at line 342 expects a (possibly empty) 
series of <t>s and <figure>s (and <texttable>s and <iref>s) followed by 
0 or more <section>s.

Instead, you gave it an additional <t> block after the <section>s.

Remove the <t> block at line 466 and you'll be okay.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:04:25 -0400

Behcet,

Use search to find "dtls", as you see below.

Change

        </section>

               <t>

        </t>
        </section>
               <section anchor="dtls" title="Securing Address
Registration Protocol for Host Identification">

to

        </section>

        </section>
               <section anchor="dtls" title="Securing Address
Registration Protocol for Host Identification">

This will expose a different error in the references section, but you
can probably solve that by yourself.

  Bill

P.S. I am guessing that once you have started subsections, you cannot go
back up to the section level.

On 17/04/2014 1:03 PM, Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc
> 

-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8