Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #210 (Version 2 cli): Sorting of references does not work properly with symrefs="no"

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 17:12:53 -0000

#210: Sorting of references does not work properly with symrefs="no"

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 This does not appear to be fixed. When symrefs="no", the expected output
 is that the references are numbered in the order they are cited in the
 document (1, 2, 3, etc.)

 Attachments:
   * XML file with symrefs="no" and sortrefs="yes"
   * v1 output numbers the references as expected, cited in the order 1, 2,
 3, ...
   * v2 output numbers the references strangely, cited in the order 3, 5,
 7, 8, 2, ...
   * diff file showing the original vs. v2 output.

 When symrefs="no":
 Using v1, the strange numbering only happens with sortrefs="no".
 Using v2, with sortrefs="yes" or sortrefs="no", the output has strange
 numbering.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed                  |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/210#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>