Subject: [xml2rfc] #257 (Version 2 cli): extraneous warnings for entities

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:29:39 -0000

#257: extraneous warnings for entities

 Using 2.4.7, &nbsp; gives a warning as follows, but it still works.
 WARNING: Parsing Error: Entity 'nbsp' not defined, line X, column Y
 (see entitytest.xml)

 Similarly, &wj; gives that warning*, but it still works. (* if it is the
 first entity in the XML file - otherwise, the warning is only for the
 first "not defined" entity -- see entitytestB.xml)

 (By "works" I mean &wj; it prevents a line break after a "/" as in "unable
 to verify S/MIME" in the attached files.)

 I haven't tested &nbhy; but presumably it does the same thing.

 Were these warnings added intentionally in 2.4.6+? (They did not happen w/
 2.4.5.)

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/257>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:33:13 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 (Actually, we have seen the same warning w/ &nbhy;)

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/257#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 16:03:39 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme

Comment:

 Hm.  I cannot reproduce this here.

 All 3 of these should be defined in the file rfc2629-xhtml.ent which
 should be
 included by rfc2629.dtd.  If xml2rfc is finding an old rfc2629.dtd or an
 old
 rfc2629-xhtml.ent, where these are not defined, it could cause this
 problem.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect           |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  worksforme       |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/257#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>