Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #225 (Version 2 cli): Another simple error yielding no output and no useful error message

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 13:12:58 -0000

#225: Another simple error yielding no output and no useful error message

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 There are two things here:

 The first is a behaviour of the web front-end to xml2rfc, if you request
 plain file output.

 If xml2rfc raises an exception, the plain file will be empty.  This needs
 to be handled in
 the web front-end.  The suggested solution, as soon as you get an empty
 file back from the
 web front-end, is set the 'Output result' option to 'Use frames to show
 warnings and errors'.

 The second is of course that an ideal xml2rfc should not raise exceptions,
 which it
 does for the attached input file at rev 1128.  This will be fixed.

-- 
--------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
  Priority:  major              |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli      |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:                     |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/225#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 13:13:26 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1415]:

 Use a blank string for souce when rendering a cref element with no source
 given, rather failing to concatenate None to a string.  Fixes issue #225.

-- 
--------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect             |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  major              |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli      |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed              |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/225#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>