Subject: [xml2rfc] #251 (Version 2 cli): does not output 2 spaces after period

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 16:54:38 -0000

#251: does not output 2 spaces after period

 In these cases, the single space after the period should be two spaces (in
 the text output and nroff output). v1 handled these cases correctly, but
 v2 does not. (The workaround is inserting &nbsp; in the XML to force a
 second space.)

 Examples visible in attached rfcdiff file.
 {{{
 of A, N, and P. It does this using, on average, about

 ...

 keyed by K. OCB is online.

 ...

 an optional component in IEEE 802.11i. A second

 ...

 representation of the positive integer n. More

 ...

 serves only to authenticate C. The output should
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/251>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:24:10 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I have a fix for this, and will commit it; but I'd like to also note that
 this fix will
 lead to things like 'Anon Y. Name' being rendered as 'Anon Y.  Name', and
 a &nbsp; fix
 will be needed to render that correctly, instead.  I don't see any way to
 distinguish
 this case from some of the cases above, where double-space is desired
 after a single
 letter followed by period.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/251#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:39:08 -0000

From [1434]:

 Updated a test related to issue #251.

Ticket URL: </ticket/251#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 09:41:20 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1435]:

 Updated the regex for end-of-sentence exceptions to treat a single
 alphabetic character followed by period as end-of-sentence, rather than
 considering it to be the abbreviation of a given name.  This fixes issue
 #251.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect           |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed            |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/251#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>