Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: 2.4.6

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 22:15:59 +0200

This announces the release of xml2rfc version 2.4.6, available for download
from:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/xml2rfc
   http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc2/cli/

This release addresses the known bugs in xml2rfc which has hindered the
RFC-Editor staff from consistently using xml2rfc v2 in production (and a
number of other bugs, too).  There still remains a number of open issues,
and these will be addressed in upcoming releases.

For full details on all tickets, there's always the issue tracker:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/report/.  An excerpt
from the changelog is available below.

Best regards,

	Henrik

--------

Release notes: 

xml2rfc (2.4.6) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release addresses the known bugs in xml2rfc which has hindered the
  RFC-Editor staff from consistently using xml2rfc v2 in production (and a
  number of other bugs, too).  There still remains a number of open issues,
  and these will be addressed in upcoming releases.  Here are some details
  about the issues fixed:

  * Tweaked the forward-slash part of the word-separator regex to handle IP 
    address prefix lenght indications better.  Related to issue #252.
    Thanks to Brian Carpenter for pointing this aspect out.

  * Changed the code so as to not blow up on empty section titles.  Fixes
    issue #245.

  * Updated the textwrapping word-separator regex to handle slash-separated
    words in a similar manner as hyphenated words, to avoid line-breaks that
    place the forward slash at the start of a line.  Fixes issue #252.

  * Updated the regex for end-of-sentence exceptions to treat a single
    alphabetic character followed by period as end-of-sentence, rather than
    considering it to be the abbreviation of a given name.  This fixes issue
    #251.

  * Updated the sorting to not sort the ref keys surrounded by squere
    brackest, instead sorting only the key strings.  Fixes issue #250.  

  * Added iref handling directly under section, and for figures, both of which
    were missing previously.  Fixes issue #249.  Also modified the format in
    which iref index page lists are emitted, to combine consecutive page
    numbers into range indications, and eliminate repeat mentions of the same
    page number.  Finally, changed things to avoid compressing the double
    space between index item and page list to a single space.  This should
    bring the iref output closer to that of xml2rfc v1.

  * Removed a static copy of the initial text-list-symbols PI, instead
    consulting the master PI dictionary every time, in order to catch changes
    in the text-list-symbols setting.  Fixes issue #246

  * Made a warning conditional on not building the indexes, to avoid duplicate
    error messages.  Fixes issue #242.

  * Provided the relevant counter when creating _RfcItem objects for Figures,
    Tables, numbered References, and Crefs, to make it possible to refer to
    them by xref elements with format='counter'.  Fixes issue #241.

  * Added wrapping and indentation of long Obsoletes: and Updates: list in the
    text formats.  Fixes issue #232.

  * Tweaked the top_rfc test to require proper line wrapping for long
    Obsoletes: lines; see issue #232.

  * We're now using a blank string for source when rendering a cref element
    with no source given, rather failing to concatenate None to a string.
    Fixes issue #225.

  * Rewrote the xml expansion code to use the same serialization mechanism
    under python 2.x and 3.x, and removed external references by replacing
    the doctype declaration during lxml serialization.

  * Fixed some code that didn't work correctly under python 3.3, by making
    sure to insert unicode strings instead of byte strings into unicode
    templates.

  * Fixed a bug where text was compared with an integer when handling the
    needLines PI.

  From Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars>:

  * Fixed ticket #186 based on diffs provided by Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>:
    If the first parse of the XML tree generates a syntax error, then we now 
    produce a warning of that fact.  This is in part to help me track down what 
    is happening at odd intervolts on my system where it generates an error and 
    then has entity resolution problems.

  * Fixed the case of one reference section occurring with an eref.  In this
    case we need to emit the extra header in both locations.  Fixes ticket
    #222.

  * Fixed a bug where text following a cref is missing.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  18 May 2014 16:18:22 +0200

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 21:39:51 +0100

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "[xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: 2.4...." ]
>and these will be addressed in upcoming releases.

Debian package available from:
http://pandoc2rfc.implementers.org/unstable/all/

Ubuntu (waiting for the build):
https://launchpad.net/~miek/+archive/pandoc2rfc

/Miek

-- 
Miek Gieben

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 23:24:43 +0200

Thank you, Miek!

Best regards,

	Henrik