Subject: [xml2rfc] #250 (Version 2 cli): misordering of references when sortrefs="yes"

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 16:40:01 -0000

#250: misordering of references when sortrefs="yes"

 When symrefs="yes" and sortrefs="yes", the alphabetical ordering should
 put the shorter name first. Then: punctuation, numbers, letters.

 For example from the attached files.
 Using v2:
 {{{
    [ISQ-13]   International Electrotechnical Commission, "International
               Standard -- Quantities and units -- Part 13: Information
               science and technology", IEC 80000-13, March 2008.

    [ISQ-A]    International Electrotechnical Commission, "Example", IEC
               aaa, March 2008.

    [ISQ.13]   International Electrotechnical Commission, "Example", ISQ
               13, March 2008.

    [ISQ]      International Electrotechnical Commission, "Example", ISQ
               nnn, March 2014.
 }}}

 Should be (this was how v1 output is):
 {{{
    [ISQ]               International Electrotechnical Commission,
                        "Example", ISQ nnn, March 2014.

    [ISQ-13]            International Electrotechnical Commission,
                        "International Standard -- Quantities and units
                        -- Part 13: Information science and technology",
                        IEC 80000-13, March 2008.

    [ISQ-A]             International Electrotechnical Commission,
                        "Example", IEC aaa, March 2008.

    [ISQ.13]            International Electrotechnical Commission,
                        "Example", ISQ 13, March 2008.
 }}}

 (Also, it's odd how [ieee13] appears at the very end of the references
 instead of near [IEEE14]. However, that is the same behavior as v1, and I
 don't have a strong feeling about how uppercase vs. lowercase should be
 handled.)

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/250>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 01:36:44 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 the sort is being done in ascii case-dependent form. It should use what is
 known as "dictionary' order.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/250#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:41:07 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1431]:

 Updated the sorting to not sort the ref keys surrounded by squere
 brackest, instead sorting only the key strings.  Fixes issue #250.
 Requires some refactoring, to consistently use only the symref strings as
 keys, omitting the square brackets.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect           |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed            |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/250#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 08:47:32 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 From [1433]:

 Did some refactoring of the previous fix related to issue #250, in order
 to not store symref keys with enclosing square brackets.

Ticket URL: </ticket/250#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>