Subject: [xml2rfc] #260 (Version 2 cli): <eref> in <annotation> doesn't generate a URI in the Reference/URIs sub-section.

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:14:59 -0000

#260: <eref> in <annotation> doesn't generate a URI in the Reference/URIs sub-
section.

 While reviewing draft-reschke-xml2rfc-xx I was checking whether
 <annotation> actually worked in current xml2rfc processor. The answer is
 that it half does.

 I pasted in the example form s2.3 of the draft into draft-davies-template-
 bare.xml and fed it to the online xml2rfc.

 So <anotation> was inserted into the ref as expected and the <eref> was
 turned into [1] (if that was the only <eref> or [2] in the attached
 example where there is another <eref> as well.  However the <eref> URL
 wasn't rendered in the References/URLs subsection and in the first case
 there was no References/URLs section generated.

 BTW Should <eref> check if the URL is the same and reuse the same URL if
 they are? The wo <eref>s I put in were the same but xml2rfc thought it was
 creating two URLs.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/260>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:26:31 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Should have noted that the problem as reported above is for .txt output;
 it is different for HTML output where the URL is not output after the
 preamble text.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/260#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 23:42:26 -0000

Also that this seems to be a problem with <?rfc inline="yes" ?>

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/260#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>