Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #254 (Version 2 cli): PDF output from HTML/RFCmarkup failing due to font configutration problem

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:32:16 -0000

#254: PDF output from HTML/RFCmarkup failing due to font configutration problem

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 I've installed the missing lib (libxrender1).

 I also had to install xorg, xvfb, and add a little wrapper to run X
 headless
 (don't really see why X should be needed, -- html2ps | ps2pdf does fine
 without
 it -- but we can explore that at some other time).

 This works for me now.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed                  |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/254#comment:5>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 08:39:33 -0400

Thank you Henrik.

     Tony

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 14:24:21 +0100

Hi, Henrik.

Yes, thanks Henrik.

I see that xml.resource.org is now visibly redirecting to
xml2rfc.ietf.org: We maybe ought to publicise this more widely.

One minor transient effect: If you have a cached xml.resource.org
page, the page now redirects to
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi
and returns the error
"No Input File" (in large red letters :-) )

This will doubtless go away in due course but it looks a bit odd at
present.

wkhtmltopdf notes its reliance on X (and Qt).  I guess this also applies
to the C library version (that doesn't depend on Qt).

Regards,
Elwyn

On Mon, 2014-06-02 at 08:39 -0400, Tony Hansen wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc