Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] [Tools-discuss] xml.resource.org is up again

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 14:07:52 +0200

On 2014-05-29 19:41 Nico Williams said:
> My vote is for bibxml.ietf.org for the bibxml fdata.

FWIW, that works for me.  However, does that mean that the bibxml files
should *not* be available at the same place as xml2rfc, which is the (or
one of the) primary tools that use it?

And if we keep bibxml files available also under xml2rfc.ietf.org, how
useful is bibxml.ietf.org ?

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Nico Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 10:02:21 -0500

> one of the) primary tools that use it?

No, though xml2rfc.ietf.org might mirror, link to, or redirect to
bibxml.ietf.org.

> useful is bibxml.ietf.org ?

They are independent, separable things to me.  That doesn't mean they
must be separated, but they are difference classes of service too:

 - tool downloads and docs are not a high-priority service
 - bibxml is a first-class service that must stay available

IMO they are best separated.

Nico
--

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 12:31:55 +0200

Hi Nico,

>  - bibxml is a first-class service that must stay available

The the number of people commenting to me on the service being down seemed
to predominantly be concerned with the online xml2rfc service, not the
bibxml service used by xml2rfc, so I suspect that different people view
the service requirement for these differently.  (After the release of xml2rfc
version 2, xml.resource.org has not been a tool download resource.)

> IMO they are best separated.

WFM, I guess.  Other viewpoints?

	Henrik