Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #231 (Version 2 gui): xml2rfc behind windows gui omits table captions

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 22:01:09 -0000

#231: xml2rfc behind windows gui omits table captions

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I just tested this procedure with release 2.4.8, and it can fail if it
 doesn't find the
 required lxml library.  Here's the modified procedure:

 In a terminal window, find out where the system-installed xml2rfc module
 lives, and also where the cgi and lxml modules live (xml2rfc commandline
 2.4.5 and later needs that):

 {{{

 $ python -c 'import xml2rfc; print xml2rfc.__path__'
 ['/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-
 packages/xml2rfc']

 $ python -c 'import cgi; print cgi.__file__'
 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/cgi.pyc

 $ python -c 'import lxml; print lxml.__path__'
 ['/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-
 packages/lxml']

 }}}

 Create a symlink to the system xml2rfc package in the app's Resources
 directory (which is on the load path of the embedded copy of python), and
 also a symlink to the system cgi module (copy all three from above, but
 link to the .py file instead of the .pyc file) :

 {{{
  $ cd /Applications/xml2rfc.app/Contents/Resources

  $ ln -s /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7
 /site-packages/xml2rfc ./

  $ ln -s
 /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/cgi.py ./

  $ ln -s /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7
 /site-packages/lxml ./

  $ cd
 }}}

 If you now invoke xml2rfc.app, and in the xml2rfc drop-down menu on the
 menubar select 'About xml2rfc', you should get an 'About xml2rfc' window
 that gives the core version as 2.4.5 (if that's what you have installed).

-- 
---------------------------------+----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
  Priority:  medium              |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 gui       |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:                      |   Keywords:  xml2rfc gui table captions
---------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/231#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>