Subject: [xml2rfc] Where to submit a patch

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 03:46:36 -0700

I would like to make a contribution to the xml2rfc code. Who are the 
current maintainers (is it Henrik Levkowetz?), and what is the best way 
to discuss and submit the patch? I checked out the xml2rfc-dev list but 
it's pretty dead.

Best regards, Sean

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 13:59:10 +0200

> to discuss and submit the patch? I checked out the xml2rfc-dev list but

Issue tracker and subversion repo are here: 
<http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/wiki>.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 23:16:43 +0200

Hi Sean,

> to discuss and submit the patch? I checked out the xml2rfc-dev list but 

Submitting a patch to me by email, is fine.  Sending it to this list should
also work, but in that case, please Cc: me to ensure a timely response.
You can also post a patch to the issue tracker, but again, a Cc: to me
ensures a timely response.

We should actually set up the repo so that anybody can create a branch
for themselves, commit changes to it, and request a merge, the same way
we're doing for the datatracker (see
  http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/CodeRepository
and
  http://tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/CodeRepository#Requestingamergetotrunk
)

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 19:54:13 -0400

> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/wiki>.

We set up xml2rfc-dev when work started on the v2, but the original v2 
developers wouldn't use it and never really took off. We've considered 
shutting it down.

For discussions, I suggest you 1) file the issue first, then 2) use this 
list to talk about it.

There are several people who regularly work on the code, but anyone can 
submit a patch. However, currently only Henrik can push out an official 
update.

     Tony