Subject: [xml2rfc] #272 (Version 2 cli): in header, no blank line for empty organization in specific cases

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 22:45:04 -0000

#272: in header, no blank line for empty organization in specific cases

 For a given author, if the organization is empty, a blank line should not
 appear for the empty organization if there is no chance of confusion with
 another author's organization. Example: if the author with the empty
 organization is the last author, then no blank line should be in the
 output. This is per the RSE and RPC Director. (This is a special case
 related to #108.)

 Current output:
 [there is a blank line when there is an empty organization. see attached
 file.]

 Desired output (when author with empty organization is the last one):
 {{{
 Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)                      J. Ryoo, Ed.
 Request for Comments: 7271                                          ETRI
 Updates: 6378                                               E. Gray, Ed.
 Category: Standards Track                                       Ericsson
 ISSN: 2070-1721                                          H. van Helvoort
                                                      Huawei Technologies
                                                          A. D'Alessandro
                                                           Telecom Italia
                                                                T. Cheung
                                                                     ETRI
                                                               E. Osborne
                                                                June 2014
 }}}

 Desired output (when each author has an empty organization):
 {{{
 Internet Architecture Board (IAB)                          H. Tschofenig
 Request for Comments: 7295                                     L. Eggert
 Category: Informational                                        Z. Sarker
 ISSN: 2070-1721                                                July 2014
 }}}

 The general case remains the same (i.e., keep the blank line):
 {{{
 Network Working Group                                          P. Traina
 Request for Comments: 5065
 Obsoletes: 3065                                             D. McPherson
 Category: Standards Track                                 Arbor Networks
                                                               J. Scudder
                                                         Juniper Networks
                                                              August 2007
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/272>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>