Subject: [xml2rfc] <?rfc private="..." ?> and <?rfc iprnotified="no" ?> not documented in draft-reschke-xml2rfc

From: Mike Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 18:55:14 +0000

The <?rfc private="..." ?> feature of the v1 and v2 xml2rfc processers is not documented in draft-reschke-xml2rfc.  This feature is used by organizations outside of the IETF when producing specs.  For instance, draft OpenID specifications use the directive:
                <?rfc private="Draft" ?>
Final OpenID specifications use the directive:
                <?rfc private="Final" ?>

Also, this directive is not documented, which is also used by these specifications:
                <?rfc iprnotified="no" ?>

Could you please add these to the documented behaviors?

                                                                Thanks,
                                                                -- Mike

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 01:37:52 +0200

On 2014-08-11 20:55, Mike Jones wrote:
> The <?rfc private="..." ?> feature of the v1 and v2 xml2rfc processers
> is not documented in draft-reschke-xml2rfc.  This feature is used by
> organizations outside of the IETF when producing specs.  For instance,
> draft OpenID specifications use the directive:
>
>                  <?rfc private="Draft" ?>
>

Hm, no.

These are directives of some processors, not part of the actual xml2rfv 
vocabulary.

Best regards, Julian