Subject: [xml2rfc] #271 (Version 2 gui): Discrepancies between Windows GUI and online versions

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:31:35 -0000

#271: Discrepancies between Windows GUI and online versions

 The Windows GUI version of XML2RFC ("Core version 2.3.5, GUI version
 0.8.0) is apparently incompatible with the current xml.resource.org online
 version (if there is a way to conveniently obtain precise version
 information for the latter, I wasn't able to find it).  As of today, the
 GUI version listed at http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc2/gui/windows/ is
 xml2rfc-gui-0.8.0.msi, dated 2011-11-28.  The GUI version has no provision
 for fetching newer versions of any subsidiary ("core version"?) code, nor
 does there appear to be any advice about when and how to do that.

 Discrepancies include:

 (1) ?rfc symrefs="no" doesn't work in the GUI version -- symbolic citation
 anchors are produced in running text and numbered references appear in
 References sections.  The online version appears to work correctly.

 (2) The GUI version appears to calculate the expiration date based on the
 compilation date rather than on the data in the XML file.  Especially if
 there are plans about making the XML authoritative, any sort of DWIM
 heuristics are really bad news.

-- 
-------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 gui      |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                     |
-------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/271>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:45:56 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I just tried reinstalling the GUI version to see if it would update the
 "core" code to 2.4.x.  No luck and no change.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------
Resolution:                     |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/271#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>