Subject: [xml2rfc] xml2rfc citation list problem?

From: Rolf Winter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:31:40 +0200

Hi,

when using the citation lists offered by xml2rfc I am getting problems 
(only) when using the 3GPP references (using xml2rfc version 2.4.8). I 
think the problem is that the anchors of these references start with a 
number which doesn't seem to be allowed. Here's an example file:

http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml5/reference.3GPP.23.203.xml

<reference anchor="3GPP.23.203"><front><title>Policy and charging 
control 
architecture</title><author><organization>3GPP</organization></author><date 
day="12" month="September" year="2013"/></front><seriesInfo name="3GPP 
TS" value="23.203 10.9.0"/><format type="HTML" 
target="http://www.3gpp.org/ftp/Specs/html-info/23203.htm"/></reference>

If that is the case I guess we would need to either change the anchors 
for the 3GPP references or allow an anchor to start with a number.

I could also be wrong with all of the above but instead of using the 
above from the citation list and coping it straight into the document 
and just removing the leading 3 from the anchor and of course correcting 
it also in the target attribute of the xrefs fixes the issue I seem to have.

I am currently avoiding the problem by disabling DTD validation.

Best,

Rolf

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 09:29:21 +0200

> for the 3GPP references or allow an anchor to start with a number.

Yes, the anchors need to be fixed.

> ...

Don't. :-)

Best regards, Julian