Subject: [xml2rfc] cref without text bombs

From: "A. Przygienda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 00:30:03 -0700

<cref anchor="TBD" source="AP"/>

_AND_

Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-xhtml.ent
Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-other.ent
Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-xhtml.ent
Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-other.ent
Resolving include... /home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml
Resolving include... /home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.5250.xml
Resolving include... /home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.5120.xml
Resolving include... /home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.4915.xml
Resolving include... /home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2328.xml

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 5, in <module>
    pkg_resources.run_script('xml2rfc==2.4.9dev0', 'xml2rfc')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 534, in run_script
    self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line 1434, in run_script
    execfile(script_filename, namespace, namespace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/xml2rfc", line 225, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/xml2rfc", line 192, in main
    htmlwriter.write(filename)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 1180, in write
    self._build_index()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 992, in _build_index
    self.write_section_rec(middle, None)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 864, in write_section_rec
    level=level + 1, appendix=appendix)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 864, in write_section_rec
    level=level + 1, appendix=appendix)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 837, in write_section_rec
    self.write_t_rec(element, autoAnchor=autoAnchor)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/html.py", line 405, in write_t_rec
    for element in self._expand_ref(child):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/html.py", line 271, in _expand_ref
    b = E.SPAN(source + element.text)
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects