Subject: [xml2rfc] Author oddities in bibxml3 reference files

From: Tore Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 07:56:21 +0200

Hello,

There's something wrong with my <author> statement in these files:

http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.anderson-v6ops-siit-dc.xml
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat.xml
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.gont-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation.xml

In them, you can see:

<author initials='t' surname='tore' fullname='tore'>
    <organization />
</author>

However in the drafts themselves this looks completely different,
quoting from:

https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-01.xml
https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat-00.xml

    <author fullname="Tore Anderson" initials="T.A." surname="Anderson">
      <organization>Redpill Linpro</organization>
      <address>
        <postal>
          <street>Vitaminveien 1A</street>
          <city>0485 Oslo</city>
          <country>NORWAY</country>
        </postal>
        <phone>+47 959 31 212</phone>
        <email>[email-masked]</email>
      </address>
    </author>

The deprecate-atomfrag-generation draft doesn't have the XML sources
available on ietf.org, but the <author> tag should be the same as the
above. In that draft you can also see a similar issue occurring with
another author, too, so it's not just me:

<author initials='W' surname='Will' fullname='Will'>
    <organization />
</author>

But his name is Will Liu, not "Will Will", as you can see at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation-01.

Any idea what's going on here?

Best regards,
Tore Anderson