Subject: [xml2rfc] Broken author field in several citations

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:09:31 -0400

The citation <xref target="I-D.atwood-mboned-mrac-req"></xref>
produces the following output:

[I-D.atwood-mboned-mrac-req]
              [email-masked], w., Islam, S., and B. Li,
              "Requirements for IP Multicast Receiver Access Control",
              draft-atwood-mboned-mrac-req-01 (work in progress), July
              2014.

Clearly the string "[email-masked], w." should be "Atwood, W.".

The same is true for three other Internet Drafts where I am first author:
<xref target="I-D.atwood-mboned-mrac-arch"></xref>
<xref target="I-D.atwood-pim-gsam"></xref>
<xref target="I-D.atwood-pim-sigmp"></xref>

Who do I talk to to get this fixed?

  Bill

-- 
Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:49:35 -0400

William Atwood <[email-masked]> wrote:

    > [I-D.atwood-mboned-mrac-req] [email-masked], w., Islam,
    > S., and B. Li, "Requirements for IP Multicast Receiver Access Control",

    > Clearly the string "[email-masked], w." should be "Atwood,

That is mysterious.

I looked at your mboned-mrac-req-01.xml, to see if your author info was
different in some way than the others... nothing obvious, but my emacs
DOCBOOK mode did not colourize your <uri> tag [I think that is meaningless,
but it made me notice that only you have the uri tag].

I do notice that you have a "J." in your fullname, while the others have
straight First Last as fullname. I wonder if that is tickling something.
Also you have a phone number, and they don't.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:41:20 -0400

The proper address to use for bibxml issues is [email-masked].

The bibxml files are created from the same data that generates the 
1id-index.txt and 1id-abstract.txt files. If you look in there, you'll 
find the following:

   "Requirements for IP Multicast Receiver Access Control",
   [email-masked], Salekul Islam, Bing Li, 2014-07-04,
   <draft-atwood-mboned-mrac-req-01.txt>

Look similar?

In other words, the underlying problem is in the I-D database.

Henrik, is this an issue that the ietf secretariat can fix?

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:17:23 +0200

Hi Tony, Bill,

Inline:

> Henrik, is this an issue that the ietf secretariat can fix?

It should be, yes -- they should go in and correct either the author
list or Bill's rolodex entry, depending on exactly where things have
gone wrong.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:27:45 -0400

I've passed the information on to [email-masked].

     Tony

---

From: William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:28:16 -0400

Thank you all.  I will raise the issue with [email-masked].

  Bill

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:42:18 +1300

This isn't the only instance of weirdness. I saw another two slightly different
ones recently while reviewing a draft. They are visible in the bibliography:

http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-2xlat.xml
and
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.gont-6man-deprecate-atomfrag-generation.xml

So if you look here you can also see the problem:

http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.atwood-mboned-mrac-req.xml

Something goes wrong with the extraction code, clearly.

   Brian

On 23/10/2014 05:49, Michael Richardson wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc