Subject: [xml2rfc] #279 (Version 2 cli html): <div id='foo'/> and <p/> are invalid HTML

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 14:24:23 -0000

#279: <div id='foo'/> and <p/> are invalid HTML

 <div id='foo'/> is valid XHTML, but invalid HTML.

 It should be <div id='foo'></div>. Similarly, <p/> should be <p></p>.

 Browsers tend to display the document properly anyway, but when the DOM
 gets REALLY deep (like after the 99th figure in draft-ietf-jose-
 cookbook-06.html), some browsers fail completely and display garbage after
 that.

-- 
--------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]        |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major               |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli html  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                      |
--------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/279>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>