Subject: [xml2rfc] #281 (Version 2 cli): xml2rfc reference library screws up my real name

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:44:47 -0000

#281: xml2rfc reference library screws up my real name

 Quoting from http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D
 .anderson-v6ops-siit-dc.xml:

 {{{
 <author initials="t" surname="tore" fullname="tore">
 }}}

 This is incorrect; my name is «Tore Anderson», not «tore tore».

 This brokenness xml2rfc generate the following broken reference text:

 {{{
    [I-D.anderson-v6ops-siit-dc]
               tore, t., "SIIT-DC: Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6
               Data Centre Environments", draft-anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-01
               (work in progress), October 2014.
 }}}

 I have no idea what's causing the brokenness. To me, the referenced draft
 itself seems fine, as seen in http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-anderson-v6ops-
 siit-dc-01.txt:

 {{{
 Author's Address

    Tore Anderson
    Redpill Linpro
    Vitaminveien 1A
    0485 Oslo
    NORWAY

    Phone: +47 959 31 212
    Email: [email-masked]
 }}}

 And in http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-anderson-v6ops-siit-dc-01.xml:

 {{{
     <author fullname="Tore Anderson" initials="T.A." surname="Anderson">
       <organization>Redpill Linpro</organization>
       <address>
         <postal>
           <street>Vitaminveien 1A</street>
           <city>0485 Oslo</city>
           <country>NORWAY</country>
         </postal>
         <phone>+47 959 31 212</phone>
         <email>[email-masked]</email>
       </address>
     </author>
 }}}

 In various drafts I've tried varying the XML slightly to achieve RFC2629
 compliance («initials="T."», «<country>NO</country>», separate «<code>»,
 etc.) with no luck, my name still gets screwed up.

 It happens for multiple drafts:

 http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.anderson-v6ops-
 siit-eam.xml
 http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.anderson-v6ops-
 siit-dc.xml
 http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.anderson-v6ops-
 siit-dc-2xlat.xml
 http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ietf-6man-
 deprecate-atomfrag-generation.xml

 Note that in the last draft the real name of another author,
 Will(Shucheng) Liu, is also screwed up (as «Will Will»). So it's not just
 me.

 Tore

-- 
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                   |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli            |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/281>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>