Subject: [xml2rfc] listless in tokyo

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 19:21:52 +0900

macosx 10.10.2
xml2rfc 2.4.10

ok, i have stared and twiddled for over an hour.  can not see my own
error.  time to beg.

  <section anchor="steps" title="Steps in Simple Case">
    <t>As a formal business relationship between all parties to a
      transfer provides a level of trust which allows simple
      transactions, we first consider the simple case where the seller
      and the buyer are both directly known to the swing point, see
      Figure 1.</t>
    <t>The transfer is done in the following steps (see Figure 2):</t>
    <list style="numbers">
      <t>The seller creates a certificate describing the subset of the
        seller’s resources which are to be transferred.</t>
      <t>The seller tells the swing point that it wishes to transfer the
        resources described by the certificate to the buyer.</t>
      <t>The swing point issues a new expanded certificate to the buyer
        describing the buyer’s old holdings plus the new resources.</t>
      <t>When the seller and the buyer are comfortable that both the technical
        aspects (customers swung, routing done, etc.) and the business
        aspects of the transfer have been accomplished, they inform the
        swing point which then shrinks the seller’s resource
        certificate, removing the transferred resources.</t>
      </list>
    </section>

gives

ERROR: Unable to validate the XML document: draft-ymbk-rpki-transfer.xml
 draft-ymbk-rpki-transfer.xml: Line 152: Element section content does not follow the DTD, expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*), got (t t list)

152 is the <section... line

if i remove the numbered list, or just the list bracketing, all is happy

i am gonna go make dinner (crabcakes and snow peas) and hope for a
miracle.

randy

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 10:23:11 +0000

<list/> needs to be within a <t/>.

On 12 March 2015 at 10:21, Randy Bush <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  draft-ymbk-rpki-transfer.xml: Line 152: Element section content does not
> follow the DTD, expecting ((t | figure | texttable | iref)* , section*),
> got (t t list)
>
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 22:28:50 +0900

> <list/> needs to be within a <t/>.

<doh>  thank you.

randy

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 13:48:12 +0000

> > <list/> needs to be within a <t/>.

You mean <doh/>.

This XML, it's harder than it looks.