Subject: [xml2rfc] #285 (Version 2 cli): Exception on out-of-date <date/>

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 11:26:42 -0000

#285: Exception on out-of-date <date/>

 {{{
 WARNING: Incomplete and out-of date <date/> element: <date year="2014"/>
 Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 4, in <module>
      __import__('pkg_resources').run_script('xml2rfc==2.4.9dev0',
 'xml2rfc')
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line
 517, in run_script
      self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pkg_resources.py", line
 1436, in run_script
      exec(code, namespace, namespace)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/xml2rfc", line 239,
 in <module>
      main()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/xml2rfc", line 224,
 in main
      pagedwriter.write(filename)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 1182,
 in write
      self._format_date()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc-2.4.9dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/writers/base.py", line 484,
 in _format_date
 datetime.datetime.strptime(date.attrib.get('year')+date.attrib.get('month'),
 '%Y%B')
 TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

 }}}

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli         |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/285>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>