Subject: [xml2rfc] two or more paragraphs in the same list bullet?

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 22:19:12 +0800

Folks,

I have xml that looks like this

<t>
   <list style="symbols">
   <t>
   The nodes in the data plane only know the forwrding semantics, to the
   extent there is further semantics related to the label this is only
   known
   by the applications, i.e. the full semantics only need to be known by
   the applications.
   </t>

   <t>
   FEC, Forwarding Equivalence Class is a simple and powerful concept.
   A set of packets, sent from one node to the same destination, and is
   treated
   the same way in all other respects, can be assigned a singel label.

Note that the TC field is not part of the FEC definition.
   </t>
   </list>
</t>

I want it to come out like this:

    o  The nodes in the data plane only know the forwrding semantics, to
       the extent there is further semantics related to the label this is
       only known by the applications, i.e. the full semantics only need
       to be known by the applications.

    o  FEC, Forwarding Equivalence Class is a simple and powerful
       concept.  A set of packets, sent from one node to the same
       destination, and is treated the same way in all other respects,
       can be assigned a singel label.

       Note that TC field is not part of the FEC definition.

    o  LSP, Label Switched Path

The not is part of the FEC bullet. I know how to do it with vspace, but
how will I do after vspace has been deprecated?

/Loa

Loa Andersson                        email: [email-masked]
Senior MPLS Expert                          [email-masked]
Huawei Technologies (consultant)     phone: +46 739 81 21 64

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:28:10 -0400

> how will I do after vspace has been deprecated?

Excellent question.

The <list style='symbols'> turns into <ul>
The <t>'s turn into <li>'s.
An <li> can have one or more paragraphs within it.
When an <li> has multiple paragraphs, each paragraph is delimited with 
<t></t>.
When an <li> has only one paragraph, the <t></t> delimiters can be 
eliminated.

So you wind up with this:

<ul>
   <li>
   </li>
   <li>
   </li>
</ul>

Hope this helps.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 22:36:53 +0800

>    Note that the TC field is not part of the FEC definition.

Yes - very helpful! The <li> gives a bullet, while the <t> doesn't :)

/Loa

--