Subject: [xml2rfc] Unable to resolve external request

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 16:39:10 +0200

Hi,

I can't seem to get a draft to be processed. I always get a "Unable to
resolve external request:" for references, e.g.:

	ERROR: Unable to parse the XML document: INPUT
	 INPUT: Line 674: Unable to resolve external request:
"http://xml.resource.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml"

I verified that the link exists and can be opened. The same happens
both on the website and when launching the xml2rfc tool on my PC
locally. Passing the XML to the old version of the website works.

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem to be doing the same for *all*
references: that is, if I comment the RFC2119 line, it works fine with,
e.g., RFC3261 and a few others, but then fails on another reference
(RFC7092). Not sure as to what may be the cause, as all references have
exactly the same format (and same host), and worked fine up to a few
weeks ago (when I converted the last version of my draft).

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Python, so I don't know what I
can do to check what's wrong myself. Let me know if there's anything I
can do to help you tackle this issue.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 17:06:19 +0200

> can do to help you tackle this issue.

It it hurts, don't do it :-)

(Translation: if your file was self-contained and wouldn't depend on 
external dependencies, you wouldn't have this problem)

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:11:12 -0400

We're working on resolving this.

A temporary workaround has been put into place, so you should be able to 
continue working.

     Tony Hansen

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 10:42:19 +0200

Hi Tony,

thanks for looking into this!

Unfortunately the workaround doesn't seem to be working for me: I'm not
getting any error anymore, but the service returns an empty txt file.
I'm still getting the same error when trying the tool (updated via pip)
locally instead, but I'm not sure the workaround has been pushed there
so please disregard in case.

I can provide the xml source that is causing this, if you think it can
help debugging the issue.

Thanks,
Lorenzo

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:11:12 -0400
Tony Hansen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A temporary workaround has been put into place, so you should be able
> to continue working.
> 
>      Tony Hansen
> 
> > I can't seem to get a draft to be processed. I always get a "Unable
> > to resolve external request:" for references, e.g.:
> >