Subject: [xml2rfc] #291 (Version 2 cli): Replace scripts option with entry_points option in setup.py

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:19:21 -0000

#291: Replace scripts option with entry_points option in setup.py

 setup.py uses the scripts option to install the xml2rfc script. Under
 Microsoft Windows this has the disadvantage that Windows is not able to
 directly execute the script.
 [https://pythonhosted.org/setuptools/setuptools.html#automatic-script-
 creation setuptools is able to generate an executable if the entry_points
 is used].

-- 
---------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor          |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/291>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>