Subject: [xml2rfc] #289 (Version 2 cli): Deployment of XML2RFC on xml2RFC.ietf.org uses wrong options

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:25:23 -0000

#289: Deployment of XML2RFC on xml2RFC.ietf.org uses wrong options

 When using XML2RFC on xml2rfc.ietf.org one gets a waring:

 WARNING: The -f and --filename options are deprecated and will go away in
 version 3.0 of xml2rfc.  Use -f instead
 WARNING: You should not specify conflicting -f and -o options.  Using -o
 OUTPUT

 Can you please correct this deployment so this warning doesn't hide real
 warnings related to document.

-- 
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  new
Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
 Keywords:                                  |    Version:  2.4.x
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/289>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 11:55:37 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 These should of course not show, but I know I've changed the -f option in
 one place, so a bit more information about
 url and form options would be good to have when debugging this.

 Also, I'm not sure how these are hiding real warnings -- it would be good
 to get more information about that, too.

-- 
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
  Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  new
 Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
Resolution:                                  |    Version:  2.4.x
                                             |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/289#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 20:16:01 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Henrik, xml2rfc.cgi invokes xml2rfc with the arguments

 {{{
 xml2rfc --verbose --cache=/tmp --$MODE --out=$OUTNAME $INPUT
 }}}

 It generates this warning message:

 {{{
 }}}

 To replicate, use the web form at http://xml2rfc.ietf.org and feed it a
 file. At the top of the next page, you'll see the message "Warnings
 exist". This is triggered by the above WARNING message, as well as any
 other real Warnings.

 If you can let me know what arguments SHOULD be used by xml2rfc.cgi to
 invoke xml2rfc, I'll adjust xml2rfc.cgi accordingly.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/289#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 21:51:44 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 This has been fixed in [1848]:

 Corrected a bug in emitting the -f deprecation message.

-- 
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
  Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  closed
 Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
Resolution:  fixed                           |    Version:  2.4.x
                                             |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/289#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>