Subject: [xml2rfc] #295 (Version 2 cli): sort of references should disregard capitalization

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 23:47:20 -0000

#295: sort of references should disregard capitalization

 In the references section, when sortrefs="yes", the sort should be
 alphabetical without regard for capitalization.  (Apparent exception is
 that RFCs get listed first, rather than being incorporated into the sort;
 that's fine.)

 This ticket is similar to #255 regarding the index. And perhaps related to
 the fix for #250.

 This example is from an author-submitted XML file.

 Order of references in output (v2.4.12) - not desired
 {{{
    [OpenWSN]

    [OpenWSNETT]

    [IPSO]

    [CurrentCalculator]

    [doherty07channel]

    [tinka10decentralized]

    [watteyne09reliability]

    [TASA-PIMRC]

    [palattella12standardized]
 }}}

 Desired output
 {{{
    [CurrentCalculator]

    [doherty07channel]

    [IPSO]

    [OpenWSN]

    [OpenWSNETT]

    [palattella12standardized]

    [TASA-PIMRC]

    [tinka10decentralized]

    [watteyne09reliability]
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/295>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 00:57:46 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Correction. Should have been with sortrefs="yes".

 v2 output (not desired)
 {{{
    [IPSO]

    [OpenWSN]

    [OpenWSNETT]

    [RFC2205] etc. [all RFC entries]

    [TASA-PIMRC]

    [doherty07channel]

    [tinka10decentralized]

    [watteyne09reliability]
 }}}

 Desired output as in the ticket (with RFCs incorporated).

 (Disregard my note about "apparent exception".)

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/295#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 22:50:00 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [1930]:

 Made the reference sorting when using symrefs=yes and sortrefs=yes case-
 insensitive by mapping the reference keys to lowercase.  This is correct
 for ASCII keys but not necessarily for non-ASCII keys, depending on
 locale.  Fixes issue #295 (for now).

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect           |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed            |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/295#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 22:27:09 -0400

I suspect that *disregard* capitalization isn't really quite right.
I expect that it should still be *regarded*, but differently than 
standard ASCII collation:

- "A" and "a" should both precede "B", "b", "Z" and "z"
- "A" should precede "a".

If capitalization was entirely disregarded, then the ordering of "A" and 
"a" would be indeterminate.

	Thanks,
	Paul