Subject: [xml2rfc] #294 (Version 2 cli): Reference library fails to include author altogether, without warning

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 08:59:49 -0000

#294: Reference library fails to include author altogether, without warning

 For multiple drafts, I fail to get listed as co-author in references of
 those drafts, although the address and author information seems fine in
 the drafts themselves.

 For example, quoting from
 http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ietf-avtext-rtp-
 grouping-taxonomy.xml:

 {{{
 <title>A Taxonomy of Grouping Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time
 Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources</title>
   <author fullname="Jonathan Lennox" surname="Lennox" initials="J">
     <organization/>
   </author>
   <author fullname="Kevin Gross" surname="Gross" initials="K">
     <organization/>
   </author>
   <author fullname="Suhas Nandakumar" surname="Nandakumar" initials="S">
     <organization/>
   </author>
   <author fullname="Gonzalo Salgueiro" surname="Salgueiro" initials="G">
     <organization/>
   </author>
   -- ... (omitting tags not applicable to this example)
   <format target="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avtext-
 rtp-grouping-taxonomy-06.txt" type="TXT"/>
 }}}

 The address text in the draft itself looks fine:

 {{{
    Bo Burman
    Ericsson
    Kistavagen 25
    SE-164 80 Stockholm
    Sweden

    Email: [email-masked]
 }}}

 The XML source looks like:

 {{{
     <author fullname="Bo Burman" initials="B." surname="Burman">
       <organization>Ericsson</organization>

       <address>
         <postal>
           <street>Kistavagen 25</street>

           <city>SE-164 80 Stockholm</city>

           <country>Sweden</country>
         </postal>

         <email>[email-masked]</email>
       </address>
     </author>
 }}}

 Another draft that has the same issue is https://tools.ietf.org/html
 /draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast-00

 I think that, at the very least, the draft generation and checking tools
 should check and issue a warning for the author fields causing the author
 to not even be included in references to the draft.

 Bo

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                   |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli           |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                          |
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/294>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 09:46:27 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 For what it's worth, the ID author extraction tool, used by the
 datatracker on draft submission, seems to extract the authors correctly:

 {{{
 > 02:42 (trunk) ~/src/db/trunk
 henrik@zinfandel $ idauthors -a /www/tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-avtext-
 rtp-grouping-taxonomy-06.txt
 docabstract             :
    The terminology about, and associations among, Real-Time Transport
    Protocol (RTP) sources can be complex and somewhat opaque.  This
    document describes a number of existing and proposed relationships
    among RTP sources, and attempts to define common terminology for
    discussing protocol entities and their relationships.
 docaffiliations         : Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]> (Vidyo),
 Kevin Gross <[email-masked]> (AVA), Suhas Nandakumar
 <[email-masked]> (Cisco Systems), Gonzalo Salgueiro
 <[email-masked]> (Cisco Systems), Bo Burman <[email-masked]>
 (Ericsson)
 docauthors              : Bo Burman <[email-masked]>, Gonzalo
 Salgueiro <[email-masked]>, Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>,
 Kevin Gross <[email-masked]>, Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
 doccreationdate         : 2015-03-05
 docdeststatus           : Informational
 docpages                : 44
 docrev                  : 06
 docrfcrefs              : rfc2198, rfc3550, rfc3551, rfc4566, rfc4588,
 rfc4867, rfc5109, rfc5404, rfc5576, rfc5888, rfc5905, rfc6190, rfc7160,
 rfc7197, rfc7198, rfc7273
 doctag                  : draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy
 doctitle                : A Taxonomy of Grouping Semantics and Mechanisms
 for Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Sources
 eventsource             : draft

 > 02:42 (trunk) ~/src/db/trunk
 henrik@zinfandel $ idauthors -a /www/tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-
 sdp-simulcast-00.txt
 docabstract             :
    In some application scenarios it may be desirable to send multiple
    differently encoded versions of the same media source in independent
    RTP streams.  This is called simulcast.  This document discusses the
    best way of accomplishing simulcast in RTP and how to signal it in
    SDP.  A solution is defined by making an extension to SDP, and using
    RTP/RTCP identification methods to relate RTP streams belonging to
    the same media source.  The SDP extension consists a new media level
    SDP attribute that express capability to send and/or receive
    simulcast RTP streams.  One part of the RTP/RTCP identification
    method is included as a reference to a separate document, since it is
    useful also for other purposes.
 docaffiliations         : Bo Burman <[email-masked]> (Ericsson),
 Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]> (Ericsson), Suhas
 Nandakumar <[email-masked]> (Cisco), Mo Zanaty <[email-masked]>
 (Cisco)
 docauthors              : Bo Burman <[email-masked]>, Magnus
 Westerlund <[email-masked]>, Mo Zanaty
 <[email-masked]>, Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
 doccreationdate         : 2015-01-20
 docdeststatus           : Standards Track
 docpages                : 22
 docrev                  : 00
 docrfcrefs              : rfc2198, rfc3264, rfc3389, rfc4588, rfc4733,
 rfc5117, rfc5285, rfc5576, rfc5583, rfc6184, rfc6190, rfc6236
 doctag                  : draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-simulcast
 doctitle                : Using Simulcast in SDP and RTP Sessions
 eventsource             : draft

 }}}

-- 
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/294#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 11:54:28 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The problem is with the 1id-*.txt generation. The entry for the above I-D
 looks like:

 {{{
 Audio/Video Transport Extensions (avtext)
 -----------------------------------------

   "A Taxonomy of Grouping Semantics and Mechanisms for Real-Time Transport
   Protocol (RTP) Sources", Jonathan Lennox, Kevin Gross, Suhas Nandakumar,
   Gonzalo Salgueiro, BoB, 2015-03-05,
   <draft-ietf-avtext-rtp-grouping-taxonomy-06.txt>
 }}}

 The citation generation tools choke on "BoB", which should be "Bo Burman".

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/294#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 14:06:39 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 The person record for Bo Burman in the datatracker had 'Ascii Short Name'
 as 'BoB', which overrides the ascii name in some contexts.  I've removed
 that, which should make things work better during the next reference file
 generation run.

-- 
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                  |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  major                   |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli           |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed                   |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/294#comment:3>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>