Subject: [xml2rfc] #293 (Version 2 cli html): dubious HTML output for <xref>...</xref>

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2015 19:21:27 -0000

#293: dubious HTML output for <xref>...</xref>

 The HTML output generated for

   See <xref target="anchor">foo</xref>.

 is inconsistent with the TXT output.

 (it also happens to be different from that the TCL tool and rfc2629.xslt
 generate). My recommendation is to create the same text content as when
 generating plain text, and to hyperlink the added Section number, as in:

   See foo (<a href="#...">Section x</a>).

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli html     |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/293>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>