Subject: [xml2rfc] #296 (Version 2 cli): prevent line breaks when seriesInfo/@name is DOI

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 22:01:18 -0000

#296: prevent line breaks when seriesInfo/@name is DOI

 This is a request for preventing the line break after the "/" or after
 "DOI" in the text output and nroff output. Seems this could be handled as
 a special case when name="DOI".

 XML contains
 {{{
 <seriesInfo name='DOI' value='10.17487/RFC2119'/>
 }}}

 v2 output:
 {{{
    [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
               Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, DOI 10.17487/
               RFC2119, March 1997,
               <http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2119>.
 }}}

 Desired output:
 {{{
    [RFC2119]  Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
               Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119,
               DOI 10.17487/RFC2119, March 1997,
               <http://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2119>.
 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement      |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/296>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 06:57:37 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I'd recommend not to worry about the TXT output that much.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/296#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>