Subject: [xml2rfc] #298 (Version 2 cli): PDF output fails to show link for second of two XREFs

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:19:26 -0000

#298: PDF output fails to show link for second of two XREFs

 A reviewer of my one of my drafts noted that the PDF version generated for
 my document by the datatracker. I don't know what options this has as it
 looks like the PDF generated in text but with links. The same issue exists
 for xml2rfc.ietf.org generated web page as pdf output.

 The issue is that in section 8 of:

 https://tools.ietf.org/pdf/draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-24.pdf

 I have two xrefs directly after each other and the produced output is:
 "A large number of additional performance metrics are supported by the
 RTCP Extended Reports (XR) framework [RFC3611][RFC6792]."

 The issue in the PDF is that the second one does not have a link, while
 the first one has.

 The xml source for this looks like this:

 <t>A large number of additional performance metrics are supported by the
 RTCP Extended Reports (XR) framework, see <xref
       target="RFC3611"></xref><xref target="RFC6792"></xref>. At the time
 of
       this writing, it is not clear what extended metrics are suitable for
 use
       in WebRTC, so there is no requirement that implementations generate
 RTCP
       XR packets. However, implementations that can use detailed
 performance
       monitoring data MAY generate RTCP XR packets as appropriate; the use
 of
       such packets SHOULD be signalled in advance.</t>

 Yes, I have modified the text slightly, but it still generates this bug.

-- 
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
 Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  new
Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
 Keywords:                                  |    Version:  2.4.x
--------------------------------------------+------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/298>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:08:08 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 That's a bug in the rfcmarkup tool, not xml2rfc.

-- 
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect                          |  [email-masked]
  Priority:  medium                          |     Status:  closed
 Component:  Version 2 cli                   |  Milestone:
Resolution:  invalid                         |    Version:  2.4.x
                                             |   Keywords:
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/298#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>