Subject: [xml2rfc] #305 (Version 2 cli): xml2rfc refuses to accept stdin

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2015 12:32:16 -0000

#305: xml2rfc refuses to accept stdin

 xml2rfc just can't be used as a filter:

 {{{
 % xml2rfc --text <(mmark -xml2 -page rfc3514.md)
 Parsing file /proc/self/fd/11
 ERROR: Unable to parse the XML document: /proc/self/fd/11
  /proc/self/fd/11: Line 1: Document is empty
  /proc/self/fd/11: Line 1: Start tag expected, '<' not found
 }}}

 and

 {{{
 % mmark -xml2 -page rfc3514.md | xml2rfc - --text
 No such file: -
 }}}

 and

 {{{
 % mmark -xml2 -page rfc3514.md | xml2rfc /dev/stdin --text
 Parsing file /dev/stdin
 ERROR: Unable to parse the XML document: /dev/stdin
  /dev/stdin: Line 1: Document is empty
  /dev/stdin: Line 1: Start tag expected, '<' not found
 }}}

 This means I have to fiddle with intermediate files, which is a chore.

-- 
---------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect         |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium         |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:  filter         |
---------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/305>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>