Subject: [xml2rfc] #304 (Version 2 cli): output for specific seriesInfo "doi:"

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 22:47:47 -0000

#304: output for specific seriesInfo "doi:"

 This input
 {{{
 <seriesInfo name="doi:" value="10.12345/6789"/>
 }}}

 creates this output
 {{{
 doi: 10.12345/6789
 }}}

 and, per the RSE, the desired output is as follows (no space after the
 colon).
 {{{
 doi:10.12345/6789
 }}}

 Note: this form is not yet in use. The current <seriesInfo name="DOI"
 value="10.12345/6789"/> will remain in use for the near future.

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium           |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli    |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/304>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 05:17:20 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Do we have a discussion somehwere that explains what the problem with the
 current output is in the first place?

 -1 on adding kludges specific to one series format. If there's a new
 requirement for DOI, please define it in a DOI-agnostic way and then
 extend the vocabulary in a generic way.

-- 
------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                   |   Keywords:
------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/304#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>