Subject: [xml2rfc] /tmp file processing error

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:55:03 +0200

Submitting to the trac system is beyond my capabilities.

To-day xml2rfc does not process an xml file that was properly handled a 
few days ago.
It cites problems with RFC.4293
but recognizes it later on.

Accompanying error message:

Unable to Validate File

ERROR: Unable to parse the XML document: INPUT
  /tmp/reference.RFC.4293.xml: Line 1: StartTag: invalid element name
  /tmp/reference.RFC.4293.xml: Line 1: Premature end of data in tag body 
line 1
  /tmp/reference.RFC.4293.xml: Line 1: chunk is not well balanced
  INPUT: Line 2528: Failure to process entity RFC4293
  INPUT: Line 2528: Entity 'RFC4293' not defined
Using 
XML_LIBRARY=/home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml:/home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml2:/home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml3:/home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml4:/home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml5:/home/www/tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/web/public/rfc/bibxml6
Parsing file INPUT
Resolving entity... 
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
Resolving entity... 
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-xhtml.ent
Resolving entity... 
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-other.ent
Resolving entity... 
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
Resolving entity... 
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-xhtml.ent
Resolving entity... 
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-other.ent
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.2119.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.4648.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.4648.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.5277.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.5277.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.6020.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.6020.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.7049.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.7049.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.7159.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.7159.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.7252.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.7252.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.7396.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.7396.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.becker-core-coap-sms-gprs.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.I-D.becker-core-coap-sms-gprs.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ietf-core-block.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.I-D.ietf-core-block.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ietf-core-observe.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.I-D.ietf-core-observe.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ietf-netmod-yang-json.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.I-D.ietf-netmod-yang-json.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.ietf-netconf-restconf.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.I-D.ietf-netconf-restconf.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.vanderstok-core-patch.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.I-D.vanderstok-core-patch.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2578.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.2578.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.3410.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.3410.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.3411.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.3411.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.3414.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.3414.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.3416.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.3416.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.3418.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.3418.xml
Resolving entity... 
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.4293.xml
Loaded from cache /tmp/reference.RFC.4293.xml
-- 
Peter van der Stok
vanderstok consultancy
mailto: [email-masked]
www: www.vanderstok.org
tel NL: +31(0)492474673     F: +33(0)966015248

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:38:04 -0400

The cached version of reference.RFC.4293.xml had gotten hosed. Please
try again.

    Tony Hansen

On 10/14/15 3:55 AM, peter van der Stok wrote:
> To-day xml2rfc does not process an xml file that was properly handled
> a few days ago.
>  /tmp/reference.RFC.4293.xml: Line 1: Premature end of data in tag
> body line 1