Subject: [xml2rfc] #315 (Version 2 cli txt): Inconsistent indentation of lines

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:23:03 -0000

#315: Inconsistent indentation of lines

 This report regards the web-based processor at
 http://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/
 There doesn't seem to be a "component" value for it.

 The problem is that lines provided inside of <<figure><artwork> are not
 indented consistently in the text output.

 To reproduce the problem, fetch the XML2RFC file at
 http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/worley/draft-worley-alert-info-
 fsm-00.xml?p=5402
 Process it with the web-based processor, saving to disk the text output.

 The erroneous output is the bottom part of page 12.  Note that the lines
 beginning "State:" are not consistently indented.

    The 16 states are as follows, where many states have a simple
    structure because from them, no further information can be recorded.

        State: initial/initial
        Signal: default
        Transitions:
            urn:alert:source:external:* -> source:external/initial
            urn:alert:source:internal:* -> source:internal/initial
            urn:alert:source:(other) -> source:(other)/initial
            urn:alert:priority:high:* -> initial/priority:high
            urn:alert:priority:low:* -> initial/priority:low
            urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> initial/priority:(other)
            other -> initial/initial

     State: source:external/initial
     Signal: external source
     Transitions:
         urn:alert:priority:high:* -> source:external/priority:high
         urn:alert:priority:low:* -> source:external/priority:low
         urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> source:external/priority:(other)
         other -> source:external/initial

     State: source:internal/initial
     Signal: internal source
     Transitions:
         urn:alert:priority:high:* -> source:internal/priority:high
         urn:alert:priority:low:* -> source:internal/priority:low
         urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> source:internal/priority:(other)
         other -> source:internal/initial

      State: source:(other)/initial
      Signal: default
      Transitions:
          urn:alert:priority:high:* -> source:(other)/priority:high
          urn:alert:priority:low:* -> source:(other)/priority:low
          urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> source:(other)/priority:(other)
          other -> source:(other)/initial

 This section of the output is generated from the following section of the
 input, which seems to me to be completely consistent between the various
 sections of verbatim text:

       <t>The 16 states are as follows, where many states have a simple
       structure because from them, no further information can be recorded.
       <figure><artwork><![CDATA[
     State: initial/initial
     Signal: default
     Transitions:
         urn:alert:source:external:* -> source:external/initial
         urn:alert:source:internal:* -> source:internal/initial
         urn:alert:source:(other) -> source:(other)/initial
         urn:alert:priority:high:* -> initial/priority:high
         urn:alert:priority:low:* -> initial/priority:low
         urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> initial/priority:(other)
         other -> initial/initial
         ]]></artwork></figure>
       <figure><artwork><![CDATA[
     State: source:external/initial
     Signal: external source
     Transitions:
         urn:alert:priority:high:* -> source:external/priority:high
         urn:alert:priority:low:* -> source:external/priority:low
         urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> source:external/priority:(other)
         other -> source:external/initial
         ]]></artwork></figure>
       <figure><artwork><![CDATA[
     State: source:internal/initial
     Signal: internal source
     Transitions:
         urn:alert:priority:high:* -> source:internal/priority:high
         urn:alert:priority:low:* -> source:internal/priority:low
         urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> source:internal/priority:(other)
         other -> source:internal/initial
         ]]></artwork></figure>
       <figure><artwork><![CDATA[
     State: source:(other)/initial
     Signal: default
     Transitions:
         urn:alert:priority:high:* -> source:(other)/priority:high
         urn:alert:priority:low:* -> source:(other)/priority:low
         urn:alert:priority:(other):* -> source:(other)/priority:(other)
         other -> source:(other)/initial
         ]]></artwork></figure>

-- 
--------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium              |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli txt   |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                      |
--------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/315>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:35:38 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Running the input through rfc2629.xslt gives these warnings:

 WARNING: artwork line too long: '        urn:alert:priority:(other):*
 -&gt; source:external/priority:(other)' (72 characters) (at line 622)
 WARNING: artwork line too long: '        urn:alert:priority:(other):*
 -&gt; source:internal/priority:(other)' (72 characters) (at line 631)
 WARNING: artwork line too long: '        urn:alert:priority:(other):*
 -&gt; source:(other)/priority:(other)' (71 characters) (at line 640)

 So this likely results in xml2rfc trying to outdent lines.

-- 
---------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                      |   Keywords:
---------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/315#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>