Subject: [xml2rfc] tab character warnings

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 16:47:50 -0400

I am seeing xml2rfc reporting warnings about tab characters:

WARNING: Text around line 169 contains tab characters.  These will be 
expanded, assuming a tab-size of 8.

I'm pretty sure it didn't do this a year ago when I last worked with 
this particular xml file.

The warning would be fine if it was material to the output. But in all 
the cases in question it is not. The tabs are simply indenting xml 
elements in the source, and they aren't within <t>, so they are simply 
noise.

Very annoying. Is there a good reason for it doing this?

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 08:09:45 +0200

> Very annoying. Is there a good reason for it doing this?

TABs are harnless except in elements where whitespace is significant 
(currently <artwork> only).

On the other hand, warning early might be the right thing to do; the 
safest approach is to avoid them altogether. But then...