Subject: [xml2rfc] Error Question

From: "Russ White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 13:02:30 -0400

Y'all -- 

I'm getting the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('xml2rfc==2.5.1.dev0', 'console_scripts', 'xml2rfc')()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc
/run.py", line 151, in main
    xmlrfc = parser.parse()
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc-2.5.1.dev0-py2.7.egg/xml2rfc
/parser.py", line 451, in parse
    xml2rfc.log.warn("Parsing Error: %s" % e)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2192' in
position 28: ordinal not in range(128) 

Followed by "The file is not there..." I suspect there's some "nonascii" or
some "weird ascii" in the file I'm trying to parse, but I don't know how to
go about finding it based on this error. I'm normally editing in Notepad++,
but this document did start as a google docs file. In the middle, I created
a new txt file and copied the contents over just to make certain it wasn't
anything obvious with the file itself. Any ideas?

BTW, please keep me in the cc -- I'm not on the mailing list right this
moment... 

Thanks!

:-)

Russ

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 10:58:42 -0700

Unicode says that U+2192 is a rightwards arrow.  Files are currently
restricted to asci only characters.

The file is not being created because of the parsing error in the Unicode
file.  If you mail me the file I can easily find the problem, but you should
be able to have a better idea of what to look for based on the above.

jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: xml2rfc [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Russ White
> Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2016 10:03 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [xml2rfc] Error Question
> 
> Y'all --
> 
> I'm getting the error:
> 
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2192' in
position
> 28: ordinal not in range(128)
> 
> Followed by "The file is not there..." I suspect there's some "nonascii"
or some
> "weird ascii" in the file I'm trying to parse, but I don't know how to go
about
> finding it based on this error. I'm normally editing in Notepad++, but
this
> document did start as a google docs file. In the middle, I created a new
txt file
> and copied the contents over just to make certain it wasn't anything
obvious
> with the file itself. Any ideas?
> 
moment...
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> :-)
> 
> Russ
> 
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc